Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any regular Warframe or weapons that are better then their primed version

Morpheend

Question

6 answers to this question

Nearly every prime is better than the base. Sometimes the later introduced alt versions (syndicate, etc) content as side grades or can be better but the ones that prove to be worse or different in ways that makes it less preferable are the ones with added gimicks that aren't straight beneficial. Cernos prime is probably the biggest example I can think of. Cernos is good, rakta cernos is really good, then cernos prime is just... why. Maybe I havem't used it enough but the mechanic kills the weapon for me.

Other examples are Ballistic prime turning a brustfire/charge crossbow into a shotgun/charge crossbow with a summon gimick. When you look at how straightforward and strong rakta ballistica is, I haven't seen much use in the ballistica prime overall but it's been a while.

Zhuge prime isn't that much of an upgrade and comes with a slightly inconvenient delayed explosion with such an inconsequential aoe I wonder why it exists the way it does. If it works that way to help it be a status weapon then it should just explode instantly like say astilla which does the exact same thing.

If you want to count it, Dragon nikana is technically better. The differences between nikana prime and dragon nikana are so small given the prime has a 1 pip dispo and the dragon has a 5 pip because the nikana prime uses the original nikana as a base while the dragon is it's separate weapon.

Edited by Annnoth

no, there is nothing 'Prime' in the game that is not better than its normal version. some things try to be sidegrades but at the same time Digital Extremes is trying to sell power, so ofcourse it's always better, that's how you get the big sales numbers.

there is ofcourse a wrinkle added with a very select few Weapons via Rivens, and in the future Digital Extremes plans on making alternative versions of Weapons have weaker Rivens. which sounds like it'll hurt their bottom line but like always you can be sure there will be some new way of selling power that will just replace it anyways, like there always has been.

Edited by taiiat