Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bear in mind that the Stats on Wreckage parts are RNG. This is not okay.

Hyohakusha

9rjtSFO.jpg

I've cleared the Earth nodes multiple times, I've made sure to stay and loot whenever I can, I've got an orange booster up... and I'm not even halfway close to being able to repair this Zekti Carcinox MKII I just got. To top that off, the stats on Wreckage Equipment is random. Even if I had the mat's to repair this thing, I could very easily get a better one, or one for a type of gun I prefer in the very next mission I run. This is straight up Hema tier resource costs for weapons with RNG stats like Lich guns. The cost to fix wreckage gear is ridiculous, and needs to be toned down massively. If they had set stats, I'd say 1/3 of what they are now is fine, but they don't. The risk of sinking that many materials into one part for the Railjack just to get something better a few missions later is obscene.

I have no idea how anyone thought that would be a good idea, unless the idea was to make the cost so prohibitive that just using the bog standard Apoc and going out in your AW  would be a better idea. And it is, even though ArchGuns got nerfed despite not even being that good to begin with, and that's probably why DE nerfed them. To "incentivize" using the Railjack. But then we end up in a loop of misery. 

"Why would I waste all of these materials I barely have enough of on a gun with random stats?"
You need to to be able to progress.
"But the material drop rate and lack of ability to easily collect drops is awful."
Progress farther, they drop more.
"But I can't progress without burning all of these materials I barely have enough, that I also need to burn just to use basic ship functions. And even if I do build it, I'll just end up getting a better drop, and then I'll be in the hole for multiple thousands of each."

It's insanity. Cut the Copernics, Cubics, Pustrels and Carbides requirements for this RNG gear by 1/8th at least. No multiple thousands when there are 5 different gear types. It takes a good half an hour at least just to complete one mission for all of 100 pustrels and maybe 200 of the other three. And again, we still have to burn those just to put out fires and shoot halfway decent weaponry to begin with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

It's only on the Components (Shield Array, Engine, Reactor) though. As far as I'm aware, the armaments don't have varying stats between those with the same name and rank, having a lot of MKI armament wreckage myself.

each house has different stats. I have a cryophor for zakti and one for another one, the zakti one overheats in the blink of an eye, has less crit and its all around garbage, the other one overheats in 2 blinks of an eye and has more crit.

3 minutes ago, Zoero said:

each house has different stats. I have a cryophor for zakti and one for another one, the zakti one overheats in the blink of an eye, has less crit and its all around garbage, the other one overheats in 2 blinks of an eye and has more crit.

Yeah, I said 'those with the same name and rank'. So two 'Zakti Apoc MKI' would have the same stats.

Edited by Renegade343

Your 'not okay, this is awful' is my 'Neat! I like variety'

38 minutes ago, Hyohakusha said:

This is straight up Hema tier resource costs for weapons with RNG stats like Lich guns.

We do not know enough about the long term economy of railjack to make that statement.  That's like complaining about the resource allocation when you haven't gotten to Earth yet.

It's only been a few days.  It's a free game.  Relax.

43 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

It's only on the Components (Shield Array, Engine, Reactor) though. As far as I'm aware, the armaments don't have varying stats between those with the same name and rank, having a lot of MKI armament wreckage myself.

Yes i've noticed the same. Although i cant confirm if building the components gives them parks after the fact, but that wouldn't make much sense given the shields/engines/reactors show the perks before craft.

I'm pretty sure that the idea at DE was that people would grind earth until they get full MK1 gear and then they would move on to Saturn.

There's a few problem with that.

- MK1 gear becomes worthless pretty fast in Saturn.

- Equipment costs are insane.

And yes, this is WITH avionics and intrinsics factored in. Avionic drops being so random only makes the progression  curve even more out of whack.

In short people refuse to grind their tits off to get gear which is just about good enough to beat the content they've been grinding all this time. So they skip a tier via archwing cheese. Seems logical to me.

Most of them aren't really worth crafting considering how "stock" weapons from clan research are much cheaper. Higher damage of wreckage parts also comes at a cost of massive overheat. Reactors and engines seem to be the only parts worth investing resources into. So far the ones I found were noticeably better than parts I'm researching.

1 hour ago, Hyohakusha said:

This is straight up Hema tier resource costs for weapons with RNG stats like Lich guns.

Oh shut up. It is nowhere close to that. Don't even get me started on the Hema grind.

These costs ARE out of control, I will agree, but I was already halfway to the resource requirements for repairing my first broken weapon before I even went to work for my Friday night shift.

Admittedly, I ended up throwing a lot of them elsewhere (fabricating weapons from research to try them out), and probably shouldn't have, so now I'm set back a bit, but the farm is nowhere near that terrible. Nothing has a grind as bad as the Hema.

My personal problem with is that I have to spend 500 diodes to build a fresh Mk I gun from research, but it costs 3600 to REPAIR and already-built one salvaged from my enemies? That makes no logical sense. The costs should be 10% what they actually are, or else we'll have too many to repair and never enough resources to repair them with.

44 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

Avionic drops being so random only makes the progression  curve even more out of whack.

Naw, they're not that random. You're just not exploring the asteroid fields. I found out that you can gather a lot more drops if, after the mission is done, you just stay on the map looking for all the cannons and breakable rocks, because they will drop a LOT of stuff. The downside is it's boring and feels slow, and won't get you more Intrinsic points. It goes faster if the rest of the crew helps explore in Archwing, because they're can fly faster, but they usually end up sitting impatiently near navigation and start complaining.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1