Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch-gun for railjack missions?

Redwyrm

Just finished last Saturn mission, and my Larkspur performed quite terribly. Tried usual anti-alloy armor radiation damage. Didn't seem performed well enough. Tried corrosion damage  - did even worse (not sure corrosion even proced at all). Stats-wise Lurkspur looks fine on comparison list, and with Amesha i manage to attack everyone pretty much at point-blank, so falloff also shouldn't be an issue.

Tried Grattler, it performed even worse overall than Lurkspur.

So what guns are decent to use in space? and i would appritiate if you explain precisely why.

Yeah, saw ppl using Imperator Vandal.

Still... what am i missing? On comparison page stats-wise Lurkspur does looks better. Lower crit chance (on held mode) than IV, but twice as much damage, with just slighly lower rate of fire.

Also what damage type ppl using? I can't figure out what damage new space grineer are vulnerable to... (ships i mean, onboard crew still quite easy to deal with).

Mods wise, you want Radiation+Ice. Radiation for the Damage, Ice for the Status Effect (it's very powerful in Railjack), and a bit of extra Damage.

Weapon choices, Imperator Vandal or Phaedra pretty much. Phaedra might need a Crit Riven to have performance that feels good, since its Crit Chance is a bit low.

Range limited Archwing Guns in Railjack kinda just suck. Enemies can easily be Kilometers away, having to drive all the way over to them just to Damage them is not good. it doesn't help that Archwing Guns all got nerfed with this Update, which made some Archwing Guns practically useless.
don't bother trying to use any of the Spike Damage type of Weapons, they've all been nerfed the hardest. 
in theory Larkspur could perform alright, but it really depends on what sort of Range you can manage with it. i don't have any reason to think the Range got buffed so it'll be pretty apathetic.

you can also bring some types of Ability buffs from ground into Archwing, these are worth considering. namely things like Fire Rate, but also Smite Infusion would increase your Damage a bit (about 2x Damage for a fully Modded Archwing Gun)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

in theory Larkspur could perform alright, but it really depends on what sort of Range you can manage with it. i don't have any reason to think the Range got buffed so it'll be pretty apathetic.

Like i said, With Amesha's #3 i usually shooting them pretty much at pointblank range. One would think that there would be no damage falloff at all (and probably is), but damage still quite low (with max radiation build, specing for cold with Amesha i think is not necessary). On last Saturn mission killing even a simple fighter took half minute or more with Larkspur.

6 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

Like i said, With Amesha's #3 i usually shooting them pretty much at pointblank range. One would think that there would be no damage falloff at all (and probably is), but damage still quite low (with max radiation build, specing for cold with Amesha i think is not necessary). On last Saturn mission killing even a simple fighter took half minute or more with Larkspur.

if you're definitely going to be spending your time at really close Range, and you're sure of that - try Corvas i guess? you can Mod for some high amounts of Radiation since while it got nerfed like everything else it did also have its Base Damage get partially converted into Fire Damage.

just remember that with Corvas you'll be incapable of Damaging Enemies that aren't at practically point blank Range, though. even from the center of Benevolent Decoy to the edge of the bubble sort of distance might be starting to reach Damage Falloff for it already.

Edited by taiiat

40 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

Also what damage type ppl using? I can't figure out what damage new space grineer are vulnerable to... (ships i mean, onboard crew still quite easy to deal with).

Codex says alloy and robotic (atleast for the common "cutter" fighters). Weird, thought it would be a Grineer machinery health type instead (hell previous Grineer ships were "cloned flesh").

Anyway, hope that helps.

12 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

Guess i start actually experimenting with more archwing guns... but first gotta build that Imperator Vandal. If so many ppl using it - it have to be good.

It's really not that great, but it works well enough and it's better than Imperator.

EDIT: Vandal is also easier to get. I'd probably use Phaedra if not for it being gated behind Syndicates. Which is probably why you don't see Phaedra as much as Imperator Vandal.

Edited by nslay

Dual Decurion also works well against the fighters.

That said, for the reason why Radiation + Cold works: For whatever reason, with Archwing weapons in Railjack missions, DE decided to make them inflict damage types we are familiar with, but the status effects are from the new damage types.

• Like 2

Archgun weapons no longer do the status you mod them for in Railjack missions. As you can see from the status effect icons my imperator vandal modded for Rad/cold is doing Particle/Plasma/ Ballistic?/ Frost status.

New Railjack Damage & Status Effect Types:
Throughout the COMPONENTS, ARMAMENTS, and AVIONICS options you’ll notice new Damage & Status Effect types. These new Damage & Status Effect types are unique to Railjack’s escalated combat space - things get crazy out in space! 

• Particle Damage results in a Tear Status Effect:
    • Tears holes into the hull of the enemy ship. Allowing players to deal increased damage.
  • Ballistic Damage results in a Concuss Status Effect:
    • Concuss the crew aboard the ship. Enemy has reduced aim and damage.
  • Plasma Damage results in a Decompress Status Effect:
    • Puncture holes into the armor/shields of the enemy ship. Decreasing the overall shield/armour value.

• Incendiary Damage results in a Sear Status Effect:
    • Rounds burn through the hull of the ship dealing Damage Over Time. 
  • Ionic Damage results in a Scramble Status Effect:
    • Temporary disable the enemies flight controls.
  • Chem Damage results in a Intoxicate Status Effect:
    • Confuses Enemy pilot. Enemy will target anyone around them.
  • Frost Damage results in an Immobilize Status Effect:
    • Ship controls freeze causing the enemy ship to fly forward to a stop.  

cXVWFQy.jpg

1 hour ago, zakaryx said:
  • Particle Damage results in a Tear Status Effect:
    • Tears holes into the hull of the enemy ship. Allowing players to deal increased damage.
  • Ballistic Damage results in a Concuss Status Effect:
    • Concuss the crew aboard the ship. Enemy has reduced aim and damage.
  • Plasma Damage results in a Decompress Status Effect:
    • Puncture holes into the armor/shields of the enemy ship. Decreasing the overall shield/armour value.

• Incendiary Damage results in a Sear Status Effect:
    • Rounds burn through the hull of the ship dealing Damage Over Time. 
  • Ionic Damage results in a Scramble Status Effect:
    • Temporary disable the enemies flight controls.
  • Chem Damage results in a Intoxicate Status Effect:
    • Confuses Enemy pilot. Enemy will target anyone around them.
  • Frost Damage results in an Immobilize Status Effect:
    • Ship controls freeze causing the enemy ship to fly forward to a stop.

I think, I'm not sure, but from what I've tested, I think, it might be...
Particle = Slash
Ballistic = Impact
Plasma = Puncture
Particle/ Plasma might be the other way around tho.

These are obvious.
Incendiary = Heat
Ionic = Elec
Chem = Toxin
Frost = Cold
However, combined elements act weird. The regular functions of our old elemental bonuses don't seem to apply. I'm not certain, but they might separate into their individual types for Railjack. Or they might not be working correctly at all. On the other hand I'm quite certain IPS on ArchGuns directly translates. Also, status is the way to go. Hybrid build on the Imperator V with 4x 60/60s, Base Damage, CC/CD and Multi works wonderfully. I've got a Cygnas in the oven as well since Puncture/Slash or Particle/Plasma-whatever procs seem to be the best option.

Also, Larkspur, Velocitus and Fluctus are straight trash for Railjack. Fluctus waves don't travel fast enough to hit anything as someone else pointed out above, Velocitus is far too slow and Larkspur seems to be bugged. If you get up on the target it will work, but I keep seeing 0's popping up as well.

So basically, IPS + Status chance. Or PP + Status chance to be more accurate. XD

7 hours ago, zuraja said:

Larkspur's usual point in the general direction of the enemy tracking in beam mode doesn't seem to work in railjack missions.

That wasn't an issue for me. Due to you have to be every close you can hit them anyway, as they will cover about half of your screen.

8 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Larkspur seems to be bugged. If you get up on the target it will work, but I keep seeing 0's popping up as well.

Didn't happened to me, but overall damage was not impressive. On last Saturn mission sometimes took about three full recharges to kill a simple fighter. And not even gonna talk about trying to kill minelayers with Larkspur 😛

• 3 weeks later...

Base game elements are somehow "translated" to the Railjack elements stated above. What you really want is to deplete the armor asap, that's where status chance and the Slash procs come in place, and the main reason Cyngas is, if not the best, one of the best archguns for Railjack, high status chance means instant armor shredding and therefore they turn into paper.

Because Slash damage status got translated into one that acts the same as corrosive would, it increases the damage exponentially with every proc, with an Imperator modded for status chance and some element of choice, you can see the difference going from 50 damage to +600 and even more provided a higher life pool. As for the rest of the elements, combined ones don't proc any status, so the purpose for them is to just add damage; single elements as stated above, provide certain benefits, one of them being "Frost" the most useful for slowing enemies.

With all these in mind, weapons with no physical damage (mostly slash and impact), mean they can't decrease armor values, and so deal almost unnoticeable damage, thus weapons like Larkspur are not good against enemies at Veil Proxima.

TL,DR: High Status chance + Slash procs = higher rate of armor shredding = exponential damage.

Edited by lukasystem

I tried Imperator Vandal and Cyngas for Railjack, both with Rivens, Cyngas is better for the Fighters, but for mowing down Crewship’s Health, for sure Imperator Vandal. With Radiation/Cold, and making it more Puncture focused helps me finish off the Crewships after i blew the Reactor up but i mostly do that with a Squad. Solo, i come back to the Railjack since that thing by itself can handle Solo Skirmish Missions. Cyngas with similar Elements and Status can kill 2 or maybe 3 Fighters before Imperator gets done with 1.