Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch-gun for railjack missions?

Redwyrm

I hope we get more details on the new damage types and status effects after DE gets back from the break. Status is king, and Plasma / Slash and Particle / Puncture for wildly increasing damage vulnerability seem most important, followed by Frost / Cold for the CC, so a Cyngas built for those things seems most effective right now, and I kinda think that what actually does the business right now is the total number of Plasma / Slash procs you can roll, like corrosive in the normal game but much harder to build for. But I'm hoping for numeric specifics.

I use a phaedra, with heat and viral.   I have no clue what viral is turning into status wise, but due to the high rate of fire, it's doing a ton of procs... of something.  Just tears them up.

I also make a habit of aiming directly at their engines, since I'm using Amesha's 3rd, and slowing them down like crazy, I can fly directly behind them easily.   When you hit the engines it crits like crazy.   I'd say easily somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/2 of the hits are crits.  The combined effect of the procs and the crits, means It just tears them up.   The only thing I have to chew on for a bit are like exo outriders, on the highest level veil nodes.    But even that's not a huge issue.

1 hour ago, Geadmon said:

I use a phaedra, with heat and viral.   I have no clue what viral is turning into status wise, but due to the high rate of fire, it's doing a ton of procs... of something.  Just tears them up.

I also make a habit of aiming directly at their engines, since I'm using Amesha's 3rd, and slowing them down like crazy, I can fly directly behind them easily.   When you hit the engines it crits like crazy.   I'd say easily somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/2 of the hits are crits.  The combined effect of the procs and the crits, means It just tears them up.   The only thing I have to chew on for a bit are like exo outriders, on the highest level veil nodes.    But even that's not a huge issue.

The Viral won't translate into anything. Just raw damage. The heat will translate into Incendiary and do pitiful damage-over-time. You're probably getting lots of Plasma and Incendiary procs. The Plasma reduces shields and armor (Decompress). Your viral damage supposedly won't factor into proc priorities (which is good!).

Try Radiation and Cold with your Phaedra. Maybe Quasar Drill is worth using to get even more Decompress procs... I am definitely thinking Heat is not serving you very well after testing it on Cyngas (very pitiful proc damage tics!).