Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframes for Railjack Captain/Crew?

Im_a_Turtle

What are the best warframes to use as a captain/crew member for railjacks?

I've found that Wisp is great for slapping her buff fountains near the closest archwing eject ports since her buffs carry while in space.

Vauban has found his calling as a support engineer, easy disposal of boarding parties, little stun balls patrolling the halls, traps, etc.

I want to say a Rhino with a power str + dur build but i'm not sure if the damage buff carries over into the railjack guns.

Edit: I'll compile a small list of each warframe that does well in Railjack.

Warframe Captains

Wisp: Buff Reservoirs built for duration and strength are very useful for Archwing warframes

Gunners

Wukong: Free wukong companion via the Tactical abilities menu ("L" menu)

Atlas: Wall up doorways and spawn in 4 rumblers via Tactical abilities + Atlas abilities.

Garuda: Her passive "Death's Gate" (Lower health = Higher Damage) supposedly works on railjack weapons but I've personally haven't tested it out yet.

Nezha:  Can be used as a Gunner and Skirmisher hybrid, his 4 ability (Divine spears) can easily immobilize enemy boarding parties + ability to tank.

Engineers

Vauban: Boarding party control king

Frost: Tanky, Frosty procs slow enemies +  Armor Stripping Avalanche

Equinox: Make boardy bois sleepy

Limbo: "Time-out let me fix this rupture" phase bubble.

Skirmishers

Rhino: Iron skin and Roar makes short work of enemies while boarding

Grendel: Eat everyone upon entry

Inaros: Tank + Pocket Sand

Gauss: Tanky against in space with Kinetic Plating + Adaptation

Edited by Im_a_Turtle
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Apparently Nezha was pretty good to bring for using the Ability Kenesis for stopping boarding parties right in their tracks. Also pretty good for fast breaking in and leaving from asteroid bases and galleons while needing some tanking.

At least on Plains/Vallis, Warding Halo persists when entering/exiting archwing. You can also use Safeguard to apply Warding Halo to others. Someone on PC will have to verify how this works for Railjack however.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

At least on Plains/Vallis, Warding Halo persists when entering/exiting archwing. You can also use Safeguard to apply Warding Halo to others. Someone on PC will have to verify how this works for Railjack however.

Yeah, it does persist. Though I do abuse Amesha's invulnerability, so that's less of a factor for me.

Roar+Ironskin Rhino is a good crewship infiltrator, just hop in, ironskin and roar. Proceed to mow everything down and shoot at the crewship core undisturbed.

Or if you prefer to be a Gunner/Engineer, a CC Rhino with Stomp can reach the entire ship and stop them all in their tracks.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Hydroid Prime is a must for captain. He is the only one with the right hat. Then I guess non-prime Hydroids as the rest of the crew.

Not true- Limbo Grax is dressed for captaincy as well. 

I AM curious if cataclysm extends outside the railjack, and if one might be able to use this as a form of bubble shield against ship weapons??

MIGHT make limbo suuuuuper handy

Edited by (XB1)AaronxTxGreat
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, (XB1)AaronxTxGreat said:

Not true- Limbo Grax is dressed for captaincy as well. 

I AM curious if cataclysm extends outside the railjack, and if one might be able to use this as a form of bubble shield against ship weapons??

MIGHT make limbo suuuuuper handy

True. Hope I won't be made to walk the space plank.

Mmmm idk bout captain, but netha is quite good for keeping intruders put,also tecnitians can use the 4 in any area they want. Hyldrin/amesha for external suport(slow down enemies and kill enemies) for boarding frames, rhino is good.

Maybe wisp for pilot, sometimes a fire or electrical hazards spawn under your feet and kill you(you dont even notice that, something that may need a fix)

3 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

So you'd recommend bringing an Ash or Zephyr into a railjack as their abilities are most compatible and beneficial to a railjack crew?

For the infiltration parts perhaps. Ash can go invis for a few seconds, stabby stab everyone with Blade Storm, and then blow the reactor. Zephyr can cast press 3, kill everything without taking damage, and blow the reactor. 

Sure others can do it better, but they can still do it.

I like Volt as an engineer because he can get around the ship incredibly fast and his 4 can hit the entire ship, CCing boarders and taking between half and 90% of their health before you even reach them, plus putting out damage numbers you can see through walls in case you don't have enemy radar or are unsure where they boarded.

I like that Zenurik energy gain persists when going to archwing, will have to find out all the synergies that persist upon exiting the railjack.