Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is The Ogris?

FillyRarity

Question

I've finally made Banshee and Ember and I now have enough equipment, that if levelled, it'll push me through to Mastery six.

One thing I really look forward to is the Ogris.

I do love explosions.

However... Is it as good as it seems?

How useful is the Ogris.

It's very fun to use. Mine is un-polarized but it still does very well on Infested Defense and Mobile Defense. Note that it requires a comfy sniping spot and crowd control skills (Vortex, Bastille, even Decoy) to be put into best effect. Despite being a heavy explosive launcher, it's more of a support/back-lines weapon, functioning much like a sniper that can kill its own user.

I'd say get it.

The weapon is fun but not always very effective. I was goofing around on a survival mission last night and if I could hang behind my friend it just wrecked stuff. When I went out alone I would slowly get overwhelmed because of it's slow fire rate.

It seems it's most effective as a "sniper" style weapon. Where you can sit back behind people and fire shots into groups of mobs as they pile up on others.

It's a decent weapon but i find that it's most useful during mobile defense or defense where it's possible to get up on a box and stand there due to the fact that while using it during normal missions team mates tend to get in the way of the rockets or mobs surround you causing you to blow yourself up. Infact when i'm farming infested maps i just switch to vauban and ignis. Vortex + Ignis is the go to thing atm.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

It's a decent weapon but i find that it's most useful during mobile defense or defense where it's possible to get up on a box and stand there due to the fact that while using it during normal missions team mates tend to get in the way of the rockets or mobs surround you causing you to blow yourself up. Infact when i'm farming infested maps i just switch to vauban and ignis. Vortex + Ignis is the go to thing atm.

Ignis even without Vuban.

It's not some weak &#! blow torch now, it's a corridor scorcher.

I got 4 forma ogris

that S#&$ will killed me so many time :)

it would kill old trinity and it kills my rhino on iron skin - 1 shot

that thing is a beast

but still nothing more fun than open map Excalibur with superjump and ogris

its the only explosive weapon currently in the game, go get it (THUNDERBOLT DOESNT COUNT WRAGGLE FRAGGLE)

but yet its a solid enough weapon, you wont ever run out of ammo but it needs fire rate somethin fierce. however shred now applies its puncture to the ogris which makes it a bit finnicky when shooting a lot of surfaces and mobs. depending on your playstyle that might be a nice addition or detriment.  as well, i only ever have problems with unintentionally killing myself when running forward while firing (to ease the pain of self murder, rage and vitality are very good for most every frame, as well quick thinking prevents you from dying for the most part except for a near direct hit from the rocket) or when my computer/the server is lagging. i fit mine with fire rate and all of the damage mods except for wildfire (dropped that for shred)

TL;DR: run the opposite direction you intend to shoot, lag kinda makes it suck, get rage and spam fire rate and damage mods into it. all in all a good weapon worth getting.

IMO it's the most fun and incredibly powerful. But you have to think tactically everytime you shoot because it's so slow and you might kill yourself, a well landed rocket kills everything, a poorly landed rocket kills yourself. IMO I think it's good for all missions.

its really good on utility frames that DO NOT have a aoe damage ability, think of it as a equalizer weapon

in fact is amazing for trinity and as a bonus she gets 18 seconds where she can shoot at her feet and never die huehuehue

but yeah.. u will kill yourself, like epic moments when a team mate runs right in front of u but its all good lolz at the end of the day 

Ogris is good at all times when your frame does not have an innate AOE ability.

When you do...

It doesn't shine as much unless you are playing defense, mobile defense, and survival if you happen to camp within 1-2 rooms. Its more of a camper's weapon than a "run and gun throughout mission" weapon. If it didn't have a high chance of killing yourself with it due to splash damage, it would be more viable in normal missions, but balancing its power with some drawbacks is necessary given how much it shines otherwise.

On normal missions no that good, on mobile defense and defense very good.

Apply Shred as a safety measure and you can shoot that thing with little impunity. Still little to no use in any mission that doesn't involve stand offs.

They also changed it at some point so Ironskin will take the damage from it, making it useable on my Rhino now

Shred is... debateable. It can be annoying when something runs in front of the rocket, so shred helps there. It can also suck when the rocket goes through a group and travels on - you gotta remember to aim at feet more often. Helps with the charge time tho, so... :)