Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Railjack Archwing experience so far

Xardis

Dreadful, all weapons being hitscan AND enemies moving even faster and turning faster doesnt work. In most respectable space sims, enemies torn slower and more relatively slower AND they each have their aiming asist, a reticle that shows where to shoot to hit the target based on its current position and velocity: graphical representation of velocity vector rooted in enemy position and scaled with the distance to enemy. Now, I understand that most things will not change, such as speed, having a speed difference between fighters and bigger ships is importatnt, nor will projectile turn to hitscan and adding that aim assist would be next to worthless with the current state of how enemies move. But there is one thing: buff the projectile speed of ALL Tenno projectiles, both Archgun and Railjack, so we can hit things without wasting 90% of the ammo/heat on shooting nothing.

Might I also add, archwings with maxed out speed mod are still slower than fighters. And we are supposed to be more technologicly advanced than Grineer. I would like to see a buff to archwing equivelent of sprint, not normal speed, but boost only.

Edited by Xardis

have you spent any intrinsic points yet? gunner lvl 1 adds a tracking tericle that shows you whrere to shoot so you can hit the target. and gunner lvl 10 is basically aimbot. Also the drift maneuver you unlock at pilot lvl 5 is like the most OP thing ever, you 're faster than the fighters. You just haven't upgraded yet.

it's like saying Unmodded excalibur with mk1 weapons is bad for sortie missions.... well duh get better gear and upgrade it. Railjack is brand new it takes time to get to the level we're used to seeing.

side note: the guns you're probably using aren't even MK1 yet so below base level. Farm resources get better gear it takes time. I know DE said they wanted to treat Railjack differently than an island content but it's pretty much what this is, you leave the base game to farm railjack.

Edited by EDM774

5 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

have you spent any intrinsic points yet? gunner lvl 1 adds a tracking tericle that shows you whrere to shoot so you can hit the target. and gunner lvl 10 is basically aimbot. Also the drift maneuver you unlock at pilot lvl 5 is like the most OP thing ever, you 're faster than the fighters. You just haven't upgraded yet.

it's like saying Unmodded excalibur with mk1 weapons is bad for sortie missions.... well duh get better gear and upgrade it. Railjack is brand new it takes time to get to the level we're used to seeing.

side note the guns youre using aren't even MK1 yet so below base level. Farm resources get better gear it takes time. I know DE said they wanted to treat Railjack differently than an island content but it's pretty much what this is, you leave the base game to farm railjack.

Do any of it affect Archguns? Coz I have gunner 1 and I see no such thing.

And are you suggesting that maxed out, riven and multiple forma build on those is supposed to be worthless?

Edited by Xardis

You do get an aiming assist reticle at gunnery level 1 for the Railjack at least (nothing for the Archwing unless I'm missing sosmething) but I have to agree here. I don't have even half the archwing weapons so I can't speak for all of them but certainly Fluctus is worse than useless at trying to hit fighters. I can hold my own with Imperator/Vandal but I have a over 20 yers of space combat sims under my belt and don't actually need leading reticles so I'll bet there are many that aren't faring so well.

Adding to that I tried the Jupiter Sab again (Hyperion Thrusters really don't want to drop for me) and having initially hated the new intertia-less controls I actually found it to be a massive improvement in an enclosed area. I still think there should be a little bit of intertia (maybe 5-10% of the old value) but I'm certainly coming around on this change.

6 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

have you spent any intrinsic points yet? gunner lvl 1 adds a tracking tericle that shows you whrere to shoot so you can hit the target.

I think OP is mostly referring to being in Archwing, not the Railjack itself as I am.

4 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Do any of it affect Archguns? Are you suggesting that maxed out, riven and multiple forma build on those is supposed to be worthless?

when you get to the 3rd sector called veil proxima your archwing becomes useless. anything oneshots you and your guns (even with them rivens) barely scratch the ships. and yes level 8 of all 4 categories affect archwing strength, survivability, mobility and the blink cooldown gets reduced.

Edited by EDM774

14 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

when you get to the 3rd sector called veil proxima your archwing becomes useless. anything oneshots you and your guns (even with them rivens) barely scratch the ships. and yes level 8 of all 4 categories affect arching strength, survivability, mobility and the blink cooldown gets reduced.

Yup, another huge problem, archwing system as a whole becomes useless in the new content...

15 minutes ago, Nightly_Dawn said:

Gunner Rank 8 increases damage, pwr strength/duration/range.
Engineer Rank 8 increases health/armor/shields.
Pilot Rank 8 increases movement speed.

By "it" I meant specificly what EDM774 wrote in the post, and the leading reticle specificly, not intrinsics in general, but thanks. I dont imagine that those statistical buff are sufficient for proxima tho.

Edited by Xardis

2 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Yup, another huge problem, archwing system as a whole becomes useless in the new content...

They may eventually have to buff up archwings, at least in terms of survivability.

I can do Veil Proxima no problem with the Amesha-1 always on, but with anything else it's probably tricky I assume.

In terms of tech - Im fairly sure the idea is that the Railjack is meant to be used for the majority of ship to ship combat. While Archwings *can* engage ships, the reality is its still a guy(frame) with a jetpack vs a dedicated space-faring starship, even if its a smaller one like a fighter. Under that premise I wouldn't expect Archwings to be a one to one counter for fighters.