Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing melee has lost its autotracking capabilities

DoomFruit

Previously, archwing melee used to home in on targets if they were close enough - very important for 3D combat when you're not shooting.

I went into an ordinary AW mission (saturn pursuit) just now to test out what effect flight speed had on my Phaedra, and my melee now appears to have lost its autotracking.

Replicating this bug is extremely simple - just start an AW mission and try to sword something.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-01-09 at 8:59 PM, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

Have you used different weapons? Because I've been leveling Arch-melee weapons and it tracks fine for me. Might be a weapon specific bug, not a general thing.

My Agkuza, Centaur, Kaszas, Knux and Onorix are all broken (as of patch 27.0.10); that's half and I really do not feel like going through the entire list even if it is pretty small.

• Like 1

This issue needs more visibility and I really hope DE fixes this and gives auto tracking back to archwing melee weapons. With Empyrean I finally decided to level up some of my archwing weapons, only to find it immensely frustrating to melee enemies in regular star map missions. If you're not/you can't give auto tracking back, then at the very least make the hit range of melee weapons larger so I don't LITERALLY have to be inside the enemy model for a hit to register.

EDIT: I also added the single range mod archwing melee has and it's still frustrating.

Edited by oHEVENo
  • Like 1

I verified two weeks ago, testing the Agkuza, Kazsas, and Prisma Veritux:

On 2020-01-01 at 9:46 PM, theMangoose said:

Confirmed no lock-on with Agkuza and Kaszas.

Confirmed there is lock-on with the Prisma Veritux.

I have not tested any other arch-melees, so I do not know if the Veritux is like the Prisma.

This is still happening. My Veritux works, but my Centaur does not. I don't have the Prisma Veritux yet, so I can't verify that one, but it seems like other people are saying that one works fine. I've asked other people about this in-game and had them test it out with different Arch-Melees and they've been getting the same results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-18 at 8:50 PM, OrSpeeder said:

The default archwing sword (forgot its name) stopped tracking for me after last patch, it DId work, although sometimes it randomly failed, some days ago.

Interesting. Prisma Veritux is still working for me just fine. (However I have not bothered to test the other weapons since last time I reported in)

• 4 weeks later...