Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Railjack rolls when I'm not pushing any of the roll buttons

DoomFruit

I decided to see what flying the railjack feels like and noticed 1 immediate problem. I'm trying to roll while flying so that I can align myself better, but the game keeps forcing me back to my previous orientation. I have a HOTAS (none of the buttons on either the joystick or the throttle seem to be doing anything and I can't rebind them, but that's another matter entirely), but a) it's fine in other games and b) disconnecting it does not help - so it's not a stuck button.

EDIT: and sometimes it also rolls by itself even when I don't push either of the bound roll buttons.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 1

You can't "roll" with your railjack. Sure, you can fly it upside down, but not roll as you could in archwing in POE pre-archwing flight changes.

If you happen to move out of horizontal orientation, the game will try to set you right up, this is intentional.

If you mean something else by "roll" do say.

You used to be able to roll. At least, I could yesterday. I found this thread trying to figure out how to re-enable it 😞

{edit} Found it! It's Bank Left / Bank Right. Rebind your Railjack controls in options and Bob's your uncle!

Edited by Enexemander
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still happens in 27.0.9. The ship still keeps trying to move itself back to some orientation with no user input on my part. We're even given pitch and roll angle indicators in the HUD so that we can orient ourselves as we see fit, why is this even happening in the first place?

On 2020-01-10 at 3:26 AM, Mint-Parfait said:

This is intentional and not a bug, it's a feature of the supposedly "better" new flight controls. Happens with mouse+keyboard and controllers to. Sucks but I wouldn't expect them to change it any time soon.

Why does the game even give us roll controls if it's just going to throw us back to some "default" orientation the moment we let go of them?

The game has a horizontal 'horizon' line and it tries to orient you parallel to that plane, either right side up or inverted. You can temp roll using the bank buttons but it will begin auto-leveling you once you release then in many cases. This generally reduces the vertigo for many players as seeing the world on edge messes alot of folks up.
Personally, I feel it should only level as far as cardinal planes, giving you one every 90 degrees, or be an options toggle to completely turn off.

Agreed it needs a longer delay before doing so in any case, as having to fight it to thread an asteroid at speed is a pain.

Edited by Xyngrr
typos