Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some PC input options that would be nice

ImWithDerp

1. Double tap forward (default 'w') to toggle on sprint.
  2. Double tap backward (default 's') to toggle off sprint.
  3. Holding melee does not cause a heavy attack.
  4. Holding melee spams normal attacks while held.
  5. Aerial slam attacks are performed only using the heavy attack button. If you release the button before you land you do a normal slam. If you are still holding the button when you land you do a heavy slam.

I've been using 1-4 via AHK and I really like them, it would be nice if AHK didn't have to be used though. 5 isn't something AHK does but it would be really useful IMO, especially for fighting on slopes.

23 hours ago, ImWithDerp said:
  1. Double tap forward (default 'w') to toggle on sprint.
  2. Double tap backward (default 's') to toggle off sprint.
  3. Holding melee does not cause a heavy attack.
  4. Holding melee spams normal attacks while held.
  5. Aerial slam attacks are performed only using the heavy attack button. If you release the button before you land you do a normal slam. If you are still holding the button when you land you do a heavy slam.

I've been using 1-4 via AHK and I really like them, it would be nice if AHK didn't have to be used though. 5 isn't something AHK does but it would be really useful IMO, especially for fighting on slopes.

1 and 2 are nice as an option to have, but there is no need in walk/sprint toggle anyway, this is something not removed from long ago when Sprint had a stamina bar. 

Right now it would be fine just to always sprint and use crouch to walk slowly for stealth. I really don't know why else you need to walk in warframe.

3. This. But better let people choose to have it or not in options.

4. I'd like this to be an option, but I play with 2 melee buttons, and the second one is "turbo" while I hold it. There are situations when you need just one swing, like break a barrel or smth, and autoattack makes at least 2. If there was some kind of input delay between the 1st attack and then continue a combo for situations like this, then yeah. But as it is now I have to use 2 buttons for it.

5. This with a little improvement: an option - Heavy Attack (if it is tuned separately from secondary attack for firearms) - draws out your melee. And if you hold it - enter full-melee mode (same as hold switch weapon). 

On 2019-12-16 at 5:48 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

1 and 2 are nice as an option to have, but there is no need in walk/sprint toggle anyway, this is something not removed from long ago when Sprint had a stamina bar. 

Right now it would be fine just to always sprint and use crouch to walk slowly for stealth. I really don't know why else you need to walk in warframe.

3. This. But better let people choose to have it or not in options.

4. I'd like this to be an option, but I play with 2 melee buttons, and the second one is "turbo" while I hold it. There are situations when you need just one swing, like break a barrel or smth, and autoattack makes at least 2. If there was some kind of input delay between the 1st attack and then continue a combo for situations like this, then yeah. But as it is now I have to use 2 buttons for it.

5. This with a little improvement: an option - Heavy Attack (if it is tuned separately from secondary attack for firearms) - draws out your melee. And if you hold it - enter full-melee mode (same as hold switch weapon). 

Yeah for sure these could all be toggled and/or rebinded in the options menu.

The heavy attack button drawing your melee weapon if not also bound to secondary fire (or you're using a ranged weapon with no secondary fire?) sounds like a great idea!

Regarding the toggle for sprint, always sprinting does sound useful and should also be an option though personally I sometimes turn sprint off when using archwings or Titania's Razorwing so I can aim better while still advancing.

Edited by ImWithDerp

4 hours ago, ImWithDerp said:

Yeah for sure these could all be toggled and/or rebinded in the options menu.

The heavy attack button drawing your melee weapon if not also bound to secondary fire (or you're using a ranged weapon with no secondary fire?) sounds like a great idea!

Regarding the toggle for sprint, always sprinting does sound useful and should also be an option though personally I sometimes turn sprint off when using archwings or Titania's Razorwing so I can aim better while still advancing.

Actually, yes, archwing is the only mode I ever use "sprint/walk".

Anyway "prefer sprint" option just like "prefer overlay map" would let me not press one extra button in the beginning of every mission.

I also have one :

- pressing the heavy melee attack performs a heavy melee attack

If there's a specific key for this action, why the hek do I need to perform a melee light attack before I can perform a heavy one ?

If it was a contextual key, I'd understand I need to switch to melee mode first, but it's a single use key

I'd like to be able to aim glide gun blazing and then perform a heavy ground slam 

16 hours ago, Tatann said:

I also have one :

- pressing the heavy melee attack performs a heavy melee attack

If there's a specific key for this action, why the hek do I need to perform a melee light attack before I can perform a heavy one ?

If it was a contextual key, I'd understand I need to switch to melee mode first, but it's a single use key

I'd like to be able to aim glide gun blazing and then perform a heavy ground slam 

This.

22 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I use that. Do you hold sprint the whole time?

I use "toggle sprint" in options. All it means - I have to press an extra button at the start of every mission. And also after every ability that forces me to walk (mainly Ivara prowl mess, as well as Inaros' Sand Storm and walking skills like this). If they were returning me to the sprint state right after I deactivate them and sprint was "always on" by default - I would never need to bind and use this extra button at all.