Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you want to change/add in railjack??

SamMitter

Hey tennos,

so now we can be in space...... Personally I like the railjack system; and the progression system too. At the same time, you have to be absolute nuts if you dont wanna change anything. So lets talk... WHat are your ideas? what the things, you feel could need a touch up. Technical problems like bugs, glitches are everyone's problem; so lets keep the common thing out.

Also a disclaimer: This post is intended for people, who likes the system/railjack, and want to change or add. If you dont like it, you can obviously talk about it; but please dont comment that railjack is warframe shattering. I suppose there is enough whining posts already for that. 

• Like 1

1. More battle and tactical avionics drops.  Seriously.  I have one battle avionic.

1a.  Give us three default battle avionics to start, one of them being a stealth field?  Your solo operators would REALLY appreciate being able to safely leave behind their ship, even if only for a short period of time.

2. More reasonable wreckage repair costs.

3. The houses to actually feel different in terms of purpose.

4. Enemies to drop their loot the moment they're "dead," not after they've spun away some 500 meters then exploded.  That's like waiting for the lancers to hit the floor and come to rest before they spew out ammo and resources.

5. Clean up the frontal cannon effects.  I'm literally blinded by the half-charged point.

6. Resources to be automatically refined when the dojo is selected as a node.  One because it sucks when someone hits the node right after mission completion and nothing gets refined, two because it'll stop people from refining first thing at the end of every damn mission in FOMO without first asking if we're going to the next node... with 87 revolite, 100 flux, 2 munitions, and 1 dome that we could have topped up with our former stockpile of resources.

7. Drop glow auras to scale a little with distance, so I can more easily pick them out.  And the faint yellow should probably be replaced with a deep green or some other color, it's easy to lose among the stars.

8. One more turret for the fourth player, either on top (there's an empty space at the front of the dome) or at the tail end (either somehow behind the reliquary drive or back of the forge?)

8a.  Maybe both?

9. Turret for cannon seat?  Only ever forward facing, with the cannon using the same keybind as the munitions weapon?  Just sucks getting down there and the pilot decides they don't want to focus on the crewship after all, but there are still plenty of bogeys in sight.

10. Extend vacuum range for the railjack and archwing just a little further.  There are some drops that look like the Railjack should be able to reach, but can't because of some invisible barrier based on what WAS there.  And I still feel like I have to practically be on top of something to swiffer it up as archwing.

11. Lead indicators in archwing.  I know this is possible because it's bugged for me one mission (for a few fighters) and IT WAS WONDERFUL!

12. More reasonable scaling.  I'm not a tryhard.  I don't take joy in spending a full magazine to kill only two lancers at level 60.  My eyes glaze over when target priority flies out the window and my only practical option is to just hammer the guy up front until they drop.  I know that a lot of people equate sponge with difficulty, but it ain't, it's just tedium, and most of the people complaining about that kind of difficulty are min-maxing weapons and I just don't care to.  The level 60 lancers should feel like the level 60 lancers I fight hunting my lich, not like level >90's.  Also, do Earth's foot legions REALLY need to go from ~20 to ~60?  Seriously, fighter escalation feels right, but for some reason this brand of Grineer just has higher base health/armor stats to scale from and it feels like crap.

12a. Keep their damage scaling though.  That feels about right.  Dangerous, but not instantly lethal.

Cursed 13.  I wanna fly an armed liset into battle!

Edit 14.  I'd like to change the energy color of the outside of my railjack.  It's always teal-blue currently.

Edit 15.  Boarding areas (galleons, asteroids, bases, etc.) to show up much earlier on Earth.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 2

* Autoloot everything. Infinite vacuum distance, and share away team loot with the rest of the team.

* No more crafting ammo for the Omni, instead regenerating energy like Fulmin.

* Excess materials in the forge should auto-refine.

* Target lead indicator in Archwing mode just like we have it on the Railjack.

* Buff all Archgun damage, and the range of weapons like Fluctus and Larkspur.

Im experimenting a need of the predicction mark while archwing in railjack modes, when you have some lvls on artillery unloked.

Need way bigger vacum distance. In Archwing feels like if you have to going to pick one to one directly, and inside the Railjack is almost the same but slowler.

Clearly a big part of Archguns needs a big buff in those distances, Proyectile speed, Distance, etc. So because of this, only archguns with precission, high proyectile speed and distance are the "must use" such as imperator/vandal Phaedra, etc.

Edited by Flarex444

22 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

nobody I don't care.

FTFY

That said:

- Decrease part repair costs and increase the amount of resources refunded by scrapping

- Better ship survivability but make running out of HP more punishing

- Better archwing survivability

- Increase turret and archwing weapon damage

- Archwing weapon lead indicator

- All resources picked up should be shared between everyone

- Auto-refine resources

Edited by Guest

- add some type of drone to extract resources after the objective is cleared

- double check the tailoring of railjack and archwing into the Mastery Raking metagame, maybe consider railjack as an option to acquire/build some warframes, archwings.

- add some technological kind of stealth gameplay (communications hijacking, radio quietness, executions on unalerted fighters)

More mission types. Maybe like a Salvage mission or a Spy mission where we have to board a few small bases, could be cool.
Archwings need to be better, Their guns need to deal the Railjack damage types, and they need to be able to take a few hits so that we can use ones other than Amesha without risking instant death. Also Yeah Lead indicators.

• Like 1

no more invincible crewships stuck inside astroids forcing you to abandon after trying for half an hour (happened 5 mins ago im still salty)

better repair system right now you simply can fail cause the ship is made out of cardboard and no actual repair mats drops so you die witch feels horrible.

ability to wait for more squaddmembers when starting a missio.trying to do alot of these missions solo is a pain in the ass or nearly impossible but it tosses you right into the fight with no wait atm, just make the warp tunnel thing only end when you man the piloting seat or something.

besides that it feels horrible with the starting ship and the archwings just instadie once you go outside on higher lvl missions so good luck boarding without the sling shot gunner perk, ohh and good luck getting back without the recall perk cause the moment you jump out you WILL die.

-all land mission crew drops shared with all the squad. its kinda idiotic that only the one going to the base gets the drops, forcing ppl to get there to get them, which makes a lot of pug missions fail cause players go to get them (understandable), leaving the ship undermanned to be destroyed. special mention to the weapons BPs in particular.

-removal of the refine system, which adds nothing except a loose condition by people refining mid mission and leaving the squad out of repair ammo juice. alternatively, auto refine at end of mission and auto refine when max stock is reached.

-extremely lowered cost of repairs, or full repair cost reimbursed when the item is recycled: i can deal with crafting something and getting another better part later, if the cost of upgrading were not so extreme. we talking about 9k and 8k stuff for mkII, meaning an upgrade would cost you 4,5k and 4k respectively by scrapping the old and repairing the new, not mentioning the time spent waiting.

-standarized stats for railjack survivabilty gear, shield generators in particular.

- greatly, and i mean GREATLY reduced range of randomized stats, as hovering in the 10% range, meaning 45%-55% as an example, and not the actual range, which seems more like between 5%-85% increase. i got a generator with +20 avionics! great, ill use it; i could use the +25 that will drop next, but i wont get screwed by getting one with +45 the next round. Random stats i can deal with, differences in the doubles of stats is way off.

-standarized survivabilty among the different archwings, by the means of buffing odonata, itzal and elytron, and not the opposite, nerfing amesha. its ok for amesha to have increased survivabilty than the others, being its specialized thing; its not ok for it to be the only option to avoid instant death (and sometimes not even that). its a game of choosing the right tool for the job: when mobility was needed, people choose itzal. when survival is needed, people choose amesha. perhaps elytron should be the brutal damage archwing, and odonata the happy middle ground? 

-removal of the all-archguns-projectile nerf; alternatively, add a lead target marker, and a light autoaim when using sights, just a slight target follow, not a sticking glue thing: you sacrifice general awareness when focusing aim, to gain increased on-target time.perhaps via a new stat per-weapon, or a direct mod for it, or mod set for archwings increasing the % for each mod equipped? maybe with adding the new elemental types? 30% acid damage/increase target lead 15% per mod for example?

Edited by Elkale

• remove or greatly reduce the RNG stats in mods and parts
  • rebalance damage, resources, archwings, ect.
  • add more enemy ships for variety
  • rework how the forge resources are used for repairs, missiles, energy; maybe a new resource outright used for these things alone.
  • add in an extract option after the missions are over.
  • removal of refine
  • add in a dry dock to relays
  • add in a basic tutorial (come on DE this is 2019)
  • integrate rail jack across the game, fly down in atmosphere to orb vallis and do bounties
  • multi-rail jack missions, 8 person squads
  • Like 2

On a more broader aspect, I would like to see better connection to the traditional warframe.

For example, like the missions where we have to board a space ship, have more or that but allow us to park the Railjack in a safe spot so we can go in squad of 4 and play a "normal" mission inside, like say shoot the thing, defend the thing .. survive .. you know, the kind of stuff we're used to. Liches would fit nicely here too.

I've been loving RJ so far, but as it is it's mostly a disconnected game mode outside of what is Warframe at its core.

The galleon boarding missions and commander assassination missions are a good start, but we need more of that IMHO. Also, again, make it so the whole squad can go in.

Mainly 2 things so far:

1) Higher vacuum range for the ship and archwing.

2) Better loot visibility (ideally player should be able to mark resources, just like during regular missions).

For broader suggestions I think it's better to make a thread in the feedback section.

2 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

12. More reasonable scaling.  I'm not a tryhard.  I don't take joy in spending a full magazine to kill only two lancers at level 60.  My eyes glaze over when target priority flies out the window and my only practical option is to just hammer the guy up front until they drop.  I know that a lot of people equate sponge with difficulty, but it ain't, it's just tedium, and most of the people complaining about that kind of difficulty are min-maxing weapons and I just don't care to.  The level 60 lancers should feel like the level 60 lancers I fight hunting my lich, not like level >90's.  Also, do Earth's foot legions REALLY need to go from ~20 to ~60?  Seriously, fighter escalation feels right, but for some reason this brand of Grineer just has higher base health/armor stats to scale from and it feels like crap.

This might be due to a bug where sometimes your mods may randomly de-activate. Happened to my friend's weapon, and happened to my warframe (when I suddenly half of my hp and couldn't restore it).

Added: Everything DE said was going to be in the game from the start.

Removed: All tedium. Running around playing fireman/woman? No way. Being one-shot with AW? Why? Not having a functional blink? Why? Having weapons become projectile weapons? WHY? Having the RJ be a rust bucket that gets nuked in less than a minute? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? I could type out the longest laundry list ever about all the tedious things in this game mode, but I don't see the reason why when the forums are swelling over with them.

Seriously, this mode isn't even half-baked, this needs major improvement if it's going to be even that. DE shouldn't have released it in this state. 

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr

31 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Mainly 2 things so far:

1) Higher vacuum range for the ship and archwing.

2) Better loot visibility (ideally player should be able to mark resources, just like during regular missions).

For broader suggestions I think it's better to make a thread in the feedback section.

This might be due to a bug where sometimes your mods may randomly de-activate. Happened to my friend's weapon, and happened to my warframe (when I suddenly half of my hp and couldn't restore it).

Nah.  I mean, I've had that bug, it sucks, but I mean my Kuva Karak rips through level 60 arid grineer, but these space grineer?  Feels like I'm shooting level 100's.  It's the ridiculous Vallis corpus scaling all over again, like they don't even bother to reference stats they already have access to when they start punching in the numbers.  Who runs quality control at DE?  Anyone?

Edited by Lost_Cartographer