Jump to content
carbman95

Excalibur deluxe

Recommended Posts

The Excal Deluxe has way too many parts and not enough color channels for them all. The biggest downfall of the skin.

But here's my Gas Powered Stick Excalibur that farts and spreads green goop everywhere cuz why not. He's a poison Ninja.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

(PS: This deluxe would be awful on Baruuk because I'd prefer he'd stay thin and agile and not bulk up like Nezha did~ we have enough bulky males already.)

Edited by Wolfdoggie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

The deluxe doesn't fit Excalibur's theme at all. Would have been better on baruuk

I disagree. Excalibur is the sword Frame, Zato is a reference to various Japanese fictions from film to cartoons, even the name is a reference to Zatoichi. The only thing about it that's monk like is the necklace.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

The Excal Deluxe has way too many parts and not enough color channels for them all. The biggest downfall of the skin.

But here's my Gas Powered Stick Excalibur that farts and spreads green goop everywhere cuz why not. He's a poison Ninja.

  Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

(PS: This deluxe would be awful on Baruuk because I'd prefer he'd stay thin and agile and not bulk up like Nezha did~ we have enough bulky males already.)

bjMKTzt.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m starting to think you don’t know what edgy is. 

*looks at Zato skin again*

Yea I'm pretty sure I know what edgy is.

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MaryoSlayer said:

This post went from "share your fashion" to "should this skin be for another frame?"

anyways,here are mine:

https://imgur.com/nnJnwRA

https://imgur.com/ErLpli1

https://imgur.com/BpvMhfR

Thanks for sharing, I just now got back into the forum, and I counted 4 people posting excal, and the rest talking about ember deluxe lol 😄 
I thought this thread should be for people liking this skin like myself, but oh well, it is a matter of taste. And general discussion shouldn't be too strict, so let them argue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

*looks at Zato skin again*

Yea I'm pretty sure I know what edgy is.

Ok now you definitely don’t know what edgy is.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok now you definitely don’t know what edgy is.

Demon skull helmet with a blindfold that resembles demon horns, spiky demon face shoulder pad, spiky pattern clothes, half exposed leather patterny outfit with a red symbol on it.

Ye no edge here whatsoever.

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

*looks at Zato skin again*

Yea I'm pretty sure I know what edgy is.

Nekros is edgy.

New Ash is edgy afaik.

Skull, blood, black and red, hoods, mean looks etc are edgy... 

An half naked, feudal Japan guy with a pipe is not... All imho. 

  • Like 2
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

Nekros is edgy.

New Ash is edgy afaik.

Skull, blood, black and red, hoods, mean looks etc are edgy... 

An half naked, feudal Japan guy with a pipe is not... All imho. 

I'll just copy pasta my other response.

"Demon skull helmet with a blindfold that resembles demon horns, spiky demon face shoulder pad, spiky pattern clothes, half exposed leather patterny outfit with a red symbol on it.

Ye no edge here whatsoever."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts made ma day, I just can't stop laughing rn. ty.

Edited by Critatis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Demon skull helmet with a blindfold that resembles demon horns, spiky demon face shoulder pad, spiky pattern clothes, half exposed leather patterny outfit with a red symbol on it.

Ye no edge here whatsoever.

It’s a matter of perspective, really.

I checked out that Wander Everlast skin concept you mentioned earlier in the thread. It looks fantastic honestly, but I also noticed that the concept surprisingly shares a lot of similar design motifs with Zato:

  • Horned helmet.
  • Spiky demon face shoulder pad (with glowing eyes even).
  • Spikes protruding from body/clothing. Imo Wander Everlast looks much more menacing then Zato in this regard since it has much larger spikes.
  • Fur collar/lining.
  • Asymmetrical cloth elements.
  • Red silk dangly bits.

If I were to assume Zato was “edgy” based on the above criteria, then Wander Everlast would certainly be comparable in that department.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
Added link to Everlast.
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-15 at 3:45 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Funny enough I never noticed the changes made to the elbows. But if the artist had a problem with the alterations then they should’ve asked for a compromise. Maybe ask for different head blades.

I’ve seen alterations and additions made to Ligers skins and they’ve had no problem with it. So unless DE were being jerks and not willing to communicate on the skin then this skin not being added and is getting the vermillion skin is strictly on the artist.

Also, let’s face it. Changes or not you would’ve bought the skin regardless.

Not just the elbows. There were changes to the legs, thighs and her waist.

That skin would be glorious. Unfortunately, DE replaced it with that chicken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

It’s a matter of perspective, really.

I checked out that Wander Everlast skin concept you mentioned earlier in the thread. It looks fantastic honestly, but I also noticed that the concept surprisingly shares a lot of similar design motifs with Zato:

  • Horned helmet.
  • Spiky demon face shoulder pad (with glowing eyes even).
  • Spikes protruding from body/clothing. Imo Wander Everlast looks much more menacing then Zato in this regard since it has much larger spikes.
  • Fur collar/lining.
  • Asymmetrical cloth elements.
  • Red silk dangly bits.

If I were to assume Zato was “edgy” based on the above criteria, then Wander Everlast would certainly be comparable in that department.

What you are describing in Wander design is a over the top samurai armor. It's not the same criteria. If we are just gonna go by those in then Frost Deluxe is edgy. It's the context you are using them in that matters as well. Sure while I'm not a fan of that Wander skin either personally it fits way better with Warframe design.

Just take a serious look at Zato Helmet plus that half exposed red burn mark on him and tell me that wasn't made with edge in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

What you are describing in Wander design is a over the top samurai armor. It's not the same criteria. If we are just gonna go by those in then Frost Deluxe is edgy. It's the context you are using them in that matters as well. Sure while I'm not a fan of that Wander skin either personally it fits way better with Warframe design.

That’s why I say it’s a matter of perspective. One could make a case for Frost Deluxe being edgy, sure. Others might disagree, because everyone has different tastes and opinions.

Everyone draws a different line between what they see as a cool cultural/mythological reference as opposed to an “edgy” design element. To one viewer, Viking horns. To another, demonic horns.

Personally I feel the “edgiest “ part of Zato is the helmet since it looks like a skull combined with a kasa hat. Equipping a different one makes Excalibur look more like a weathered wanderer imo. 

16 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Just take a serious look at Zato Helmet plus that half exposed red burn mark on him and tell me that wasn't made with edge in mind.

What “red mark”are you referring to by the way? Looking at Zato with default colors, the only red elements I can see in-game and in the concept are his ponytail and silk cloth attachments.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

What “red mark”are you referring to by the way? Looking at Zato with default colors, the only red elements I can see in-game and in the concept are his ponytail and silk cloth attachments.

Derp sorry. The poster put a sigil over there so I thought that was the default look. Now that I saw it better without it and I realized that is a nipple piercing and not just a decoration I dislike it even more.

But then again it's a Liger skin so I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by ChaosSabre
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

But then again it's a Liger skin so I shouldn't be surprised.

Yup, he definitely inserts his tastes prominently into his designs. I can understand that as a result they will largely be hit-or-miss for many viewers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthraxicus said:

Not just the elbows. There were changes to the legs, thighs and her waist.

That skin would be glorious. Unfortunately, DE replaced it with that chicken. 

We just went over why we got vermillion over that skin. They didn’t replace it with vermillion. They literally couldn’t use the skin and had to make a new Ember skin that didn’t resemble the first skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love the aesthetic of this deluxe skin.
it even has new movement stances :D
Definitely a must on my list of things to buy, reeaally hoping to get more similar to this for other warframes in the future :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

We just went over why we got vermillion over that skin. They didn’t replace it with vermillion. They literally couldn’t use the skin and had to make a new Ember skin that didn’t resemble the first skin.

The reason both sides stopped cooperation is because DE wanted to add that horrible blade on the head? Geez. I wonder why the artist got mad. I would too. It is said that we won't be seeing any more of skins. Most of them are among my favorites.

 

Still, I'd rather DE didn't add anything instead of the chicken. Awful skin.

As for the Nidus skin, I love it

 

Spoiler

bqDCnhg.pngOICL0ue.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

Yup, he definitely inserts his tastes prominently into his designs. I can understand that as a result they will largely be hit-or-miss for many viewers.

 

As long he doesn't touch the Mirage Deluxe that we will never get I'm fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...