Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only Three Items Have Random Stats

Sitchrea

I've seen a ton of people reading a headline and condemning all of Empyrean, so let's clarify:

The Shield Arrays, Engines, and Reactor are the only Railjack components with random stats.

All other lootable items have set values (Armaments, Avionics, etc).

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

The avionics also have different stats don't they?

I mean I have a maxed bulkhead and it only gives me 2200 health but i saw ships with 4000 health. And my grid is also maxed so it gets that boost too.

The Avionics have manufacturers, those make the diffrence

20 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I've seen a ton of people reading a headline and condemning all of Empyrean, so let's clarify:

The Shield Arrays, Engines, and Reactor are the only Railjack components with random stats.

I have salvaged armaments of the same tier and same manufacturer which had the same base damage but had differences in Critical and Status chance.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I have salvaged armaments of the same tier and same manufacturer which had the same base damage but had differences in Critical and Status chance.

Check that your intrinsics also are not affecting the stat variations.

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Are you sure about this ?

I might be wrong but I recall having 2 hull hp mods with different stats.

That’s because the main Avionics UI is a goddamned clown car of incompetence in that because DE want so badly to pretend that Avionics are not mods that it doesn’t show you gradations of them based on the House which made them. It’s like if you had three tiers of Serration, but you had to click on each one to see which tier it is instead of just displaying it all in the menu.

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

What the what? Where can I see that?

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That’s because the main Avionics UI is a goddamned clown car of incompetence in that because DE want so badly to pretend that Avionics are not mods that it doesn’t show you gradations of them based on the House which made them. It’s like if you had three tiers of Serration, but you had to click on each one to see which tier it is instead of just displaying it all in the menu.

Yeah.

Avionics have little satellites around them.  IIRC, circle is Lavan, diamonds are Vidar, and dashes are Zetki.  Each house is better with certain avionics than others.

With weapons, it's more like Vidar is a few extra % in crit, Lavan a few extra % in status, and Zetki a lot more heat per shot for a lot more damage and some extra status.  You can pretty much replace the Vidar and Lavan weapons with a clan research variant and not really notice the difference.  Zekti actually has traits you can mo-sorry, avionic around and a level 7 gunner+6(?) pilot can mitigate the heat problems.

With reactors, shields, and engines, each one sort of specializes, but due to the RNG nature of it all, the house "specialized in speed" can still be outmatched by the house "that excels in no area" simply due to a dice roll, effectively rendering houses a negligible consideration.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

1 minute ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

With reactors, shields, and engines, each one sort of specializes, but due to the RNG nature of it all, the house "specialized in speed" can still be outmatched by the house "that excels in no area" simply due to a dice roll, effectively rendering houses a negligible consideration.

Does this not depend on the range of the item, though?

7 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Does this not depend on the range of the item, though?

I've gotten a MKI Zetki engine that straight outclassed multiple MKII engines, some from the same house.  That's how fubared the RNG is for shields/engines/reactors right now.

I appreciate RNGing a MKI engine that gives near 20km/h and a reactor that gives +23 avionics capacity, but a good MKI probably shouldn't be outclassing the majority of my MKII drops.  This isn't to say DE should reduce the top end of the RNG, no... raise the low end.  I'm a greedy f%$&, the less tedious things get for me, the more fun I'm having.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

You can also tell by the tooltip that pops up when you hover over the avionics in question. It shows the manufacturer's (the House's) symbol and its name.

21 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

It's the color of the avionic - like how bronze, silver, and gold are for mods.

Wow I never noticed these. 

Well thanks for the info! This helps a lot.

It looks like some other people are having similar results to mine? The wiki is now reporting that salvaged Railjack armaments of the same House and Mark tier can have variable bonus stats on top of their otherwise identical core stats.

EDIT: The bonus stats are only for MK-3’s.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

On 2019-12-15 at 6:51 PM, Sitchrea said:

Weapons also have random % bonuses(not stats).

I got 3 different zetki carcinnox with different % fire rate bonuses and 1 with a weapon damage %

That also applies to all other weapons as well.