Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE: On Console, Please Add Options for Split Look & Movement on Analog (L-Stick & R-Stick) Buttons

(PSN)InSaiyanOne

Dear Digital Extremes Developers,

I enjoy your game a lot and have for many years. Being one of the first games I installed on my PS4, even to this day I still wish I had caved and supported the Founders Pack. For your continuous work over the years, thank you!

Over time I have tried and accomplished gaining the interest of a lot of my gaming friends that I have been playing video games with since before 2002. Some have enjoyed the game almost as much as I do and others though they are interested, cannot use the current layout of movement-look controls. Over a similar period of time, I have requested and not found, read, understood any reason for the "legacy" options not being able to be added to the current state of Warframe.

What we have been requesting is that the 4 directions associated with each "Move" and "Look" movements be able to be split and then separated so there is a "Move" and "Look" movement associated with each analog stick. Please see my following example of one way to do it (there of course is an opposite way too), if it is not clear I would hope other games can provide examples that are understandable since games like Bungie's Destiny have the option for whoever wishes to use it. 

Example:

• Right analog - L & R directions move/strafe left and right | U & D directions look up and down.
  • Left analog - L & R directions look/rotate left and right | U & D directions move forward and backward. legacy_movement_controls.jpg

I don't want to argue with ANYONE who reads this and decides to add their opinion of why they don't use or want additional options in this game when comparing it to any other game that has multiple options in this type/area. I really don't see/understand any examples of why it cannot be available for the people that want to use it (especially as it has been requested for over 4 years).

There are recent changes to the Archwing system that also should be looked at as it currently seems that we are not able to "Dash" while the afterburner is active on PS4. This is an ability that was removed from Itzal and made universally available (I think in attempt to have everyone use more archwings instead of only the one that allows us to cover a long distance in a short time span).

Thank you again for your work DE! More options to allow more people to play comfortably. It's hard to continue to play multiple games and then have one that makes it harder to adjust the way you move and look, on top of other changes to buttons like L1, R1, etc. I really want more of my friends (and anyone else that has this issue) to be able to play. Especially, considering that the new Railjack content is promoting more group play instead of solo-ing the content.

Edited by (PS4)InSaiyanOne

@[DE]Danielle @[DE]Drew Hope both of you are having a good Friday. Please can I have some assistance in having the main request (I see the archwing issue is already noticed) looked into? I (well two specific people I know in person) would appreciate it...I'd appreciate it also so I can have a full Railjack crew! Happy Holidays!

• 1 month later...
On 2019-12-20 at 5:38 PM, (XB1)Volker9549 said:

So legacy sticks

Yup! Just the options to be able to choose it, if that is how you set up your controller on consoles. Really silly not to have it after so many years. Even though I don't use it now, I used to years (15+) ago. I equate it to not being able to adjust your seat in the car that you really need to drive to work...really it's more than that but I'm being modest.

@[DE]MeganCan we please get someone to look into this?

Edited by (PS4)InSaiyanOne

Hmm... Interesting. I can definitely see the advantage of a control scheme layed out as such. It seems it would actually make more since considering that there is such a heavy emphasis on melee. The default location for melee is one of the face buttons. Which it drives me nuts when modern games use the face buttons as a main method of attack. I've laid out my control scheme to a typical first person in addition to making it so when I melee I can control the camera and move without having to take my hands off of my triggers. Only using abilities and parkour require me to use my face buttons.

I am a firm believer in giving gamers the option to lay their controller out how they wish, and while I would never use a legacy control scheme... I support this!

• Like 1

I can see why it would be weird trying to adjust to different controls when you're used to something like legacy, it might be weird to implement in Warframe though since there's no real strafing other than when you aim in with a weapon. It's unlike any other game I've played since you're not locked in to your character and you don't have to move like a typical shooter, it's almost like you're in a jet with how fast you can move in a straight line but have to slow way down to turn. Another part of it is this game is built around rolling, sliding, bullet jumping, and flying through the air which I have seen in very few other shooters. So the amount of time you spend locked down firing in your typical FPS/TPS style is minimal. 

Nevertheless, I hope you're able to get your controls set up with how you're comfortable. 

• Like 1