Jump to content

Loki - Rework


(PS4)Iron4EverRooster

Recommended Posts

I dont think loki needs a total rework, just some tweaks. He has dmg in form of stealth multiplier and he has CC in form of disarm and its godly augment, which further fuels CO.

If anything were to change, I would suggest this:

  • Give Decoy a 4s invulnerability phase, where it can absorb dmg like every other ability of its kind.
  • Allow us to freely teleport with switch teleport (this also goes for ash's teleport), maybe add the ability to transform into an enemy unit if we switch places with one.
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 1 hora, BlachWolf dijo:

I dont think loki needs a total rework, just some tweaks. He has dmg in form of stealth multiplier and he has CC in form of disarm and its godly augment, which further fuels CO.

If anything were to change, I would suggest this:

  • Give Decoy a 4s invulnerability phase, where it can absorb dmg like every other ability of its kind.
  • Allow us to freely teleport with switch teleport (this also goes for ash's teleport)

totally agree, loki is a great frame and always do her work jist need some tweaks and i think and like so much your suggestions

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

totally agree, loki is a great frame and always do her work jist need some tweaks and i think and like so much your suggestions

Not every frame needs complex synergize to be worth using, especially when it come to loki. Being simplistic also has its merits. His kit is one of those things that remains timeless, the only issue right now is that some enemies cant be disarmed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see more utility and stealth out of Loki.

Decoy - Molt invulnerability time + damage-to-hitpoint conversion when cast.

Hold-cast now creates/switches from Decoy to Disguise mode. Decoy becomes a copy of the nearest enemy, making it hidden amongst the enemy (so it doesn't die so fast). Hold again to reveal its disguise drawing enemy attention again.

While Decoy is disguised, Loki also dons a disguise that lasts until Decoy expires. While Loki is disguised, his movement speed is halved (if Invisibility is active, full movement speed). If Loki attacks, he and his Decoy will lose their disguises; however, casting abilities do not break your disguise. The next attack deal double damage if done while disguised.

Invisibility - can now be turned off early by pressing the ability key again. When Invisibility wears off or is turned off, Loki has 1 second invulnerability (enough time to recast or don a disguise!)

Switch Teleport - Hold-cast will automatically switch you and your Decoy if in range, no line-of-sight required.

Radial Disarm - Decoy also performs a Radial Disarm around itself. Radial Disarm will also root and slow enemies for a few seconds if they do not have weapons to be disarmed. Radial Disarm allows Loki to Mercy a disarmed enemy (regardless of the enemy's hitpoints) with the Parazon if he is disguised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Decoy - Molt invulnerability time + damage-to-hitpoint conversion when cast.

Hold-cast now creates/switches from Decoy to Disguise mode. Decoy becomes a copy of the nearest enemy, making it hidden amongst the enemy (so it doesn't die so fast). Hold again to reveal its disguise drawing enemy attention again.

While Decoy is disguised, Loki also dons a disguise that lasts until Decoy expires. While Loki is disguised, his movement speed is halved (if Invisibility is active, full movement speed). If Loki attacks, he and his Decoy will lose their disguises; however, casting abilities do not break your disguise. The next attack deal double damage if done while disguised.

This would be nice, people have been asking for it for years. Honestly, I don't know why they got rid of its permanent invulnerability to begin with. To avoid exploit they could've been more creative, like making it lose aggro after 10 seconds per individual target..or something. Its health right now doesn't even scale with power strength.

And the decoy mechanics are cool. As much as people say they want frames like Loki and Rhino to stay "simple", more function is always better. They can continue to not use the additional functions if they don't want to.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Invisibility - can now be turned off early by pressing the ability key again. When Invisibility wears off or is turned off, Loki has 1 second invulnerability (enough time to recast or don a disguise!)

I like this option much better than the usual request to make it able to be recast while active. No permanent stealth, but at least you can disable to cast again when convenient rather than in the middle of a hoard of enemies.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Switch Teleport - Hold-cast will automatically switch you and your Decoy if in range, no line-of-sight required.

This is one I've asked about in the past, this would be much more convenient and makes for very natural synergy.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Radial Disarm - Decoy also performs a Radial Disarm around itself. Radial Disarm will also root and slow enemies for a few seconds if they do not have weapons to be disarmed. Radial Disarm allows Loki to Mercy a disarmed enemy (regardless of the enemy's hitpoints) with the Parazon if he is disguised.

For this one, I just like the idea of incorporating the Parazon into warframe abilities now. They could actually start designing new frames with this in mind if they wanted to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone(including DE),

Good afternoon, most of our comments about Loki, supports an invulnerability phase and no line-of-sight. Additionally, shape-shifting have more support than opposition.

Another interesting ability could be; Loki's decoy turns into a specter. Therefore, when casting, the option could be to cast a decoy or a specter. In addition, the decoy or specter could be set to stay or follow.

Loki's Rework - keeping it simple to hopefully get some of these done by DE:

1.One second invulnerability after leaving invisibility.

2. Some invulnerability in seconds for the decoy.

3. Removal of line-of-sight for switch teleport.

4. Shape-shifting

5.Instead of speed reduction, health, shield, or armor could be reduced, but only for a new ability.

Good suggestion everyone, I read all of them.

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, (PS4)Iron4EverRooster said:

Another interesting ability could be; Loki's decoy turns into a specter. Therefore, when casting, the option could be to cast a decoy or a specter. In addition, the decoy or specter could be set to stay or follow

This is an interesting idea- it could work on hold cast or be an augment- therefore keeping the invuln phase and at the end gaining a damage and health boost based on how much it took

 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Iron4EverRooster said:

4. Shape-shifting

Could be that rather then invincibility when leaving invis he camouflages himself as the primary enemy faction nearby for 10 seconds or until invis recast

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Iron4EverRooster said:

5.Instead of speed reduction, health, shield, or armor could be reduced, but only for a new ability.

Disarm currently to me feels like a- im coming out of invis- lets disarm enemies so they are easy to dispatch- with a freely cancellable invis that is less necessary since you shouldnt come out when in large groups- instead for 4 we can have, say, Tricksters Spirit-Loki causes several enemies in range to be coated in a tenno hologram, causing their allies to fire on them, this effect lasts for a duration-enemy fire towards these targets can have a damage multiplier or else the damage can ramp up the longer the duration

 

-Loki doesn't need to many changes but making the trickster frame with more tricks up his sleeve is certainly fun- I would recomment a look at ash as well, the true ninja of our space ninja game could use a little love

Link to post
Share on other sites

DE,

Good day, please rework Loki. 

Rework Suggestion 1 = Shape-shifting.

 

Contributing Players:- I hope I did not miss anyone

Ozymandias
RaptorKing05
BlachWolf
NSRKIRTAR
PsiWarp
NuclearCoffeePot

 

Suggestions:

2.One second invulnerability after leaving invisibility. 

3. Some invulnerability in seconds for the decoy.

4. Removal of line-of-sight for switch teleport.

5.Instead of speed reduction, health, shield, or armor could be reduced, but only for a new ability.

6. Cast Decoy or Specter

7. A couple of seconds of; invulnerability, enemy confusion, enemy shape shifting, or Loki shape-shifting after invisibility runs out.

8. Let shape-shifting be an ability and not a mod

9. Replace Wall Latch with a 5% radiation proc.The radiation proc would confuse the enemy, in an extremely slight manner. This would help Loki to survive.

 

Good suggestion everyone, I read all of them.

Interestingly, in the marvel movies, Loki convinced others to do his bidding, by touching them with a stick/staff.

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to improve his abilities, here is what I would do;

Loki:

New Passive: Every time Loki`s shields deplete, he will send out a radiation wave within a 15m radios, the proc will last double the duration.

 

1st ability:

·       After cast, it`s immune to damage for five seconds while absorbing damage however, the five seconds of immunity doesn’t start until it gets attacked. Depending on the damage stored it will be converted into health for more survivability.

·       Holding the ability will make the decoy mobile within a 10m radius which can be increased by range mods.

·       When shooting, enemies will be affected by an impact proc making them stagger.

·       There is a 50% chance of it to proc blast damage knocking enemies down, if this happens, enemies within a 30m radius will prioritise the decoy as a dangerous threat increasing threat levels for seven seconds. (threat levels higher than interception and defence targets)

·       It will use whatever primary or secondary weapon Loki is currently using.

 

2nd ability:

·       When you shoot your weapon at a certain point, enemies will seek out the location of the surface where the bullet hit.

 

3rd ability:

·       After switching with the enemy, loki will be invulnerable for 1 second.

·       Loki is always be facing the enemy he`s switches with.

·       If he teleports into a group of enemies, they will receive a knock down in a 10m radius however, this only works if you`re not invisible.

·       If you have a melee weapon equipped while doing so, enemies will take slide attack damage from melee weapon.

·        (Synergy) If you decide to switch places with the decoy, you and the decoy will knock down enemies within a 15m radius.

 

4th ability:

·       Holding the ability will make enemies weapons explode dealing 1000 blast damage and knocking them down. This can be increased by strength mods.

·       This will deactivate eximus for 20 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear god leave Loki alone.

He's literally the only viable CC frame left in the game at this point.

Just like all those players a while back asking for a Chroma rework. You do not want the results; I promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of the changes below would be nice:

Nuclear:

Could be that rather then invincibility when leaving invis he camouflages himself as the primary enemy faction nearby for 10 seconds or until invis recast.

 

Raptor:

I think his passive should change to something like, I Loki is within 20 m of a enemy he becomes a enemy of that faction and Isn’t detectable, deactivates when he fires.

 

BlachWolf:

Give Decoy a 4s invulnerability phase, where it can absorb dmg like every other ability of its kind.

 

PsiWarp:

Hold-cast now creates/switches from Decoy to Disguise mode. Decoy becomes a copy of the nearest enemy, making it hidden amongst the enemy (so it doesn't die so fast). Hold again to reveal its disguise drawing enemy attention again.

Vexx:

New Passive: Every time Loki`s shields deplete, he will send out a radiation wave within a 15m radios, the proc will last double the duration.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-09 at 8:08 PM, Xzorn said:

Oh dear god leave Loki alone.

He's literally the only viable CC frame left in the game at this point.

Just like all those players a while back asking for a Chroma rework. You do not want the results; I promise.

 

On 2019-12-16 at 8:28 AM, PsiWarp said:

I'd like to see more utility and stealth out of Loki.

Decoy - Molt invulnerability time + damage-to-hitpoint conversion when cast.

Hold-cast now creates/switches from Decoy to Disguise mode. Decoy becomes a copy of the nearest enemy, making it hidden amongst the enemy (so it doesn't die so fast). Hold again to reveal its disguise drawing enemy attention again.

While Decoy is disguised, Loki also dons a disguise that lasts until Decoy expires. While Loki is disguised, his movement speed is halved (if Invisibility is active, full movement speed). If Loki attacks, he and his Decoy will lose their disguises; however, casting abilities do not break your disguise. The next attack deal double damage if done while disguised.

Invisibility - can now be turned off early by pressing the ability key again. When Invisibility wears off or is turned off, Loki has 1 second invulnerability (enough time to recast or don a disguise!)

Switch Teleport - Hold-cast will automatically switch you and your Decoy if in range, no line-of-sight required.

Radial Disarm - Decoy also performs a Radial Disarm around itself. Radial Disarm will also root and slow enemies for a few seconds if they do not have weapons to be disarmed. Radial Disarm allows Loki to Mercy a disarmed enemy (regardless of the enemy's hitpoints) with the Parazon if he is disguised.

@Xzorn Psi's rework would bring me absolute joy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Xzorn,

We are hoping for a few more tricks to be added to Loki. I agree, Chroma was dealt a bad blow. Hopefully, Loki will be treated better. 

Imagine:

A shape-shifting Loki, just like his lore and like in the Marvel movies.

 

Consider Shape-shifting for ten minutes, in a new Goodbye Mission. The Goodbye Mission could be like an endgame level.

Goodbye Mission:

1. A special ability is given to a warframe for the Goodbye Mission.

2. Within ten minutes a player could get any reward he or she wants.

3. A player must decide the reward he wants to get at the end of ten minutes. The player must do this before the ten minute mission starts.

4. Enemy base starting level would be 100.

5. Enemy base scaling level would be 100.

6. Enemy starting and scaling level can go up to 1,000, depending on the reward the player wants. 

7. Enemy damage to a warframe must be high, like at least level 100 at the start of the mission.

8. Enemy levels increase every minute by 100 or more. The enemy level increase depends on the reward the player selects.

9 Every enemy in the game must be included (Eidolons, All Flying enemies, Kuva liches, Grineer, Sentients, Profit Taker, Orb Mother, Kela De Thame, Stalker, Wolf of Saturn, sniper enemies, and etc.).

10. Remove enemy idle time. Meaning, enemies must not waste time, they must immediately and constantly attack the player.

11. Enemies must not line up behind each other, to make them easy to kill.

12. In ten minutes a player could get (100,000 or 10,000 kuva, 100 or 200 intrinsics, 1,000 or 10,000 endo). 

13. The reward for the ten minutes, could also be that the new warframe ability that was given in the Goodbye Mission, can be given as a permanent ability to the warframe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

@(PS4)Iron4EverRooster

@EinheriarJudith

I get it and Loki could use a little polish I agree but it's not worth the risk of getting DE in their current mindset to pay attention to him.

It doesn't matter how good the ideas are or level minded the balance concepts; It will end poorly. I promise.

 

hehehe i tend to agree with you. they destroyed my will to play ember with her rework.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-09 at 8:08 PM, Xzorn said:

He's literally the only viable CC frame left in the game at this point.

That's only literally because the only thing more broken than invisibility is invulnerability. 

Aside from that he's actually a terrible frame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Xzorn and Judith,

Your comments are reasonable, I do understand. I am just hoping for a positive change.

 

What if DE decide to:

1. Change Loki's passive to the "Confusion Effect" of radiation.

2. Or change Loki's passive to be "Adaptation" of 25%, which applies to any damage type.

3. Enable Loki to shape-shift without an augment mod.

4. Shape-shifting costs only 25 energy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DE can you try one or more of the suggestions below? I summarized the suggestions that were made in this forum so far (sorry if I missed any).

1. Shape-shifting

2. One second invulnerability after leaving invisibility. 

3. Some invulnerability in seconds for the decoy.

4. Removal of line-of-sight for switch teleport.

5.Instead of speed reduction, health, shield, or armor could be reduced, but only for a new ability.

6. Cast Decoy or Specter

7. A couple of seconds of; invulnerability, enemy confusion, enemy shape shifting, or Loki shape-shifting after invisibility runs out.

8. Let shape-shifting be an ability and not a mod

9. Replace Wall Latch with a 5% radiation proc.The radiation proc would confuse the enemy, in an extremely slight manner. This would help Loki to survive.

10. Change Loki's passive to the "Confusion Effect" of radiation.

11. Or change Loki's passive to be "Adaptation" of 25%, which applies to any damage type.

12. Shape-shifting costs only 25 energy.

13. Replace Savior Decoy with Savior Specter. The specter could enter the game to assist Loki.

14. Replace Safeguard Switch with Shape-Shifter. This could be a way to enable Loki to disguise (shape-shift) as the enemy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replace Savior Decoy with Savior Specter. The specter could enter the game to assist Loki.

Replace Safeguard Switch with Shape-Shifter. This could be a way to enable Loki to disguise (shape-shift) as the enemy.

 

Replace Loki's passive with shape-shifting. An example could be that when Loki's health goes below 50, he shape-shifts into the enemy.

A few years ago, using Loki placed you in the "Master Race". Now, a lot of content creators on YouTube refer to Loki as one of the worst Warframes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello DE,

Good day, can Loki get an exalted weapon? That weapon could (points 4 and 6 below were inspired by the Avengers movie ) :  

1. Melee

2. Shoot - default radiation proc

3. Enable shape-shifting

4. Mind control

5. Mind Shield - Protective globe around Loki.

6. Mind Projection - Make Loki leave his warframe and his operator, then exist as an entity that can fight without weapons. Therefore, enabling Loki, his operator, and his projection to all fight at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Iron4EverRooster:

5. Mind Shield - Protective globe around Loki.

Is not like that he already has a 100% damage mitigation ability with his seconds skill...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello DE,

In Icelandic lore - Loki is a king

In comics or movies (Avengers) - Loki is a god

Loki is the father of - Hel, the wolf named Fenrir, the serpent named Jormungandr, Narfi, the horse named Syaoilfari, Narfi, and Vali

Loki is the mother of - the horse named Sleipnir

Loki in lore was a - fish (salmon), horse, fly, old woman

Loki has always been able to shape-shift

 

On YouTube (Warframe contributors and other persons) a lot of the time Loki is on the list of worst Warframes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...