Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vile Acceleration vs Speed Trigger for Opticor and bows

Lmoist

Question

I know that this was previously answered but it was in 2014 so i was wondering if there is a new opinion on which mod is better overall. I am mainly using the opticor and my build for it right now is 

heavy caliber - serration - split chamber - vigilante armaments - vital sense - point strike - Riven - (VA or ST)

Is the damage reduction from VA is worth the extra 30% fire rate.

I have also heard that the opticor is only useful with both fire rate mods, is this true? And if I only have room for one which would i use?

4 answers to this question

Kind of wondering what's on your Riven.

This is what I used on Opticor for Grineer and Corpus. You want that combined element to reach top end damage and yes, you want Vile Acceleration.
Armaments isn't worth using when you're not even getting a combined element from the build you described.

YRgipO8.png

If you had Opticor Vandal you'd want to try something like this

4jkyH83.png

Additionally, the status chance on a slow firing single shot weapon, isn't worth going for so using Radiation for Grineer is recommended instead of Corrosive. Always remember to build for what hits hardest against armor if you do not have a way of stripping armor with status, or warframe skill. If you can strip armor with a skill, build for what hits health hardest.
Note: This is just a general tip for you to take into mind when building any weapon.

Edited by Alcatraz

The damage reduction from VA does the same as having 1 less rank on your serration. It's not -15% on your final damage. Totally worth it! Also bows get double the firerate bonus. If you use both serration and HC on your opticor, with VA the damage per shot will only be ~4% lower.

About using both VA and ST on your opticor, i don't think it's necessary at all or even really a good idea. VA alone will cut your charge time in half (2s ->1,05s), but if you add ST, you will only gain 0.2s (1,05s -> 0.8s) because of how the charge time is calculated. Sure it's a bit better (and it'll also decrease the delay between shots in the same proportions), but using both isn't worth the slot imo.

Edited by Robolaser

On 2019-12-15 at 3:23 PM, Alcatraz said:

Kind of wondering what's on your Riven.

This is what I used on Opticor for Grineer and Corpus. You want that combined element to reach top end damage and yes, you want Vile Acceleration.
Armaments isn't worth using when you're not even getting a combined element from the build you described.

YRgipO8.png

If you had Opticor Vandal you'd want to try something like this

4jkyH83.png

Additionally, the status chance on a slow firing single shot weapon, isn't worth going for so using Radiation for Grineer is recommended instead of Corrosive. Always remember to build for what hits hardest against armor if you do not have a way of stripping armor with status, or warframe skill. If you can strip armor with a skill, build for what hits health hardest.
Note: This is just a general tip for you to take into mind when building any weapon.

Thanks for your response.

Edited by Lmoist