The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe does not respect my time

CalmClouds

So, I played this mmorpg the other day that released new content. I was level 100 but the game forced me to go back to a level 5 area and farm a new resource by doing the same old tired grind, just so that I can access the new content. There was absolutely no challenge involved in that grind, no new additions to the area, and no way to skip it.

Yeah, sounds crazy, right? Which mmorpg would do that, right?

Except warframe does exactly that.

Don't send me back to the old areas where literally NOTHING can even scratch me and I can destroy everything LITERALLY by standing still and pressing one button on occassion! Are you serious with this?!

Who thought that adding new railjack resources are hiding them behind extremely boring low level content that your "veteran" players have already done over 500 times already, was a good idea?! WHO?! Man, I'm so upset that this game is disrespecting my time to this extent, I don't know when I'll find the patience to sit through that laborious bullS#&$ and actually unlock the new stuff. As far as I'm concerned, railjack still hasn't come out for me, because I sure as hell won't spend an hour literally staring at my screen. People weren't playing your game because they were tired of your old, boring, ridiculously easy missions! I am coming back to play RAILJACK! Not farm level 30 enemies on ceres and pluto or whatever.

I'd rather do my taxes than play through these missions! I'd rather wash the dishes! These missions are more boring than idle clicker games! Quit it with that S#&$! If you have nothing new to add, then just don't add anything! Don't shoehorn those arbitrary resources into old missions and then force us to go through the same S#&$ again!

I can't stress enough how many times I've played these missions. I'm losing my #*!%ing mind here! Enough already!

• Like 1

Fun fact you don't need to grind those low level missions, just play the railjack missions, you can get the resources there in stupidly high amounts.

Before you say, "But i don't have a railjack", you don't need one, join a public railjack mission or organise a squad where someone else uses their railjack and you join them.

Your grind will go down from hours to a few missions (~2-3).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Fun fact you don't need to grind those low level missions, just play the railjack missions, you can get the resources there in stupidly high amounts.

Before you say, "But i don't have a railjack", you don't need one, join a public railjack mission or organise a squad where someone else uses their railjack and you join them.

Your grind will go down from hours to a few missions (~2-3).

Thank you so, so, so much ❤️

You just saved me from so much emotional distress.

Edited by CalmClouds

2 hours ago, CalmClouds said:

Never the less, they are still right about the point. It should of been kept to a more generalized pool of locations where higher level maps could of granted better odds to get the loot or much huger quantities of it. Not everyone wants to stow away on someone else`s ship just to be able to build thars, especially when the following can occur:

1. In order to get the `loot` that you would need for alot of the railjack building/customization, you have to `refine` the loot that is normally to be used as resources. As a small twist of irony i assume, if the railjack goes boom, i would like to think all affinity and loot is lost just like any regular mission. Too bad that Railjack i believe if it works the same, should not operate under the same logic as most short term games, so i would of honestly preferred loot gets `banked` after each mission, if that is whta i were to assume it will act once i get to play it on console in a few weeks.
  2. It takes 6 instances of 12 hour `waits` on top of doing a mission that could take between 5-30 minutes, not counting you having to attend to RL matters such as sleep and a actual job, it can take a significantly longer time since most people will not accurately time to get on warframe as soon as a part is done to immediately get the next part started.
  3. Not having a Railjack means you miss out on alot of the content that makes up it, such as being able to go to specific nodes which is likely to have specific loot. Which F-D.E. hard if they decided to make each railjack mission type to have separate loot reward tables on top of having 3 loot pools between the 3 space sectors where they said various MK grade parts can be found.  Considering that Railjack still has no solo-operative mode, plenty of people likely cannot recruit clan members cause thar clan is dead and its difficult to get very active players and relying on publics or rando recruits is usually a recipe for disaster where they do whatever they want and give zero care if they just `flushed` the resources needed to make more ammo or repair devices(which honestly, should just let us have a basic version for repair and a alt fire mode that uses ammo for more effective repairs).
  4. Plus insert more head-ache elements here that would likely turn into a ridiculously long list if kept it going.
Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CalmClouds said:

So, I played this mmorpg the other day that released new content. I was level 100 but the game forced me to go back to a level 5 area and farm a new resource by doing the same old tired grind, just so that I can access the new content. There was absolutely no challenge involved in that grind, no new additions to the area, and no way to skip it.

Off topic I know, but it kinds bugs me every time I see someone refer to WF as an MMO.  It's not a massively multiplayer game, it only supports 4 players at a time, even in open world areas.

I like WF, but it's more like Quake + Kali than an MMO. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Avienas said:

1. It takes 6 instances of 12 hour `waits` on top of doing a mission that could take between 5-30 minutes, not counting you having to attend to RL matters such as sleep and a actual job, it can take a significantly longer time since most people will not accurately time to get on warframe as soon as a part is done to immediately get the next part started.

Did... did you just say 6 instances of 12 hours waits? 

*eye twitch*

22 minutes ago, CalmClouds said:

Did... did you just say 6 instances of 12 hours waits? 

*eye twitch*

Technically its only to make the railjack which is `entirely optional`, since you can always stow away on someone else`s ship if you care little on making your own custom giant flying box ship plastered with your own taste in meme colors/names, but the same could be said to you deciding if you want to build a warframe or a prime warframe, Course you can rush those with plat, but there is always those extra strings attached such as higher base stats for the prime versions and the extra mastery. :/

To be fair... you weren't forced to do it in low level content. You could've done it in a kuva lich mission while farming murmurs, if it was on the right planet. Or just done a 3 hour endurance run.

It was just easier in low levels.

Also, by incentivizing you to lower level content, the idea is that you'd be there to play with low level players newer to the game, keeping old content "alive" to an extent. Never mind, of course, that most of us play solo anyways.

5 hours ago, CalmClouds said:

I just ran a railjack mission on someone else's ship. We dropped a ton of the new resources, aaaaand.... they were gone?

Somehow I didn't get anything...

Yeah, I'm done. I'll come back next month and see if they've fixed this S#&$.

Weird. Sounds like somebody forgot to refine them in the forge. They should remove that step and just automatically drop resources into your inventory for you at the end of a mission.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

18 hours ago, CalmClouds said:

Just know that most the railjacks you get on for a while were made by people that suffered through the low level missions lol.

Not one of my friends has built a railjack of their own, so I can't play this with them. I just have to brave this bullcrap and grind until I can finally play the game at my leisure. 

Is this what you aimed for, DE? To make brand new content feel like tedious grind from day 1? Do you even want me to play the game? What's even the point of the building and the timers?

That being said, I did give this mode another try and thankfully got my resources that time. Clock in, do your chores, press the button, clock out. Day in, day out. Jeez, DE... Just... #*!%.

On 2019-12-15 at 1:23 PM, CalmClouds said:

Don't send me back to the old areas where literally NOTHING can even scratch me and I can destroy everything LITERALLY by standing still and pressing one button on occassion! Are you serious with this?!

Who thought that adding new railjack resources are hiding them behind extremely boring low level content that your "veteran" players have already done over 500 times already, was a good idea?! WHO?! Man, I'm so upset that this game is disrespecting my time to this extent, I don't know when I'll find the patience to sit through that laborious bullS#&$ and actually unlock the new stuff. As far as I'm concerned, railjack still hasn't come out for me, because I sure as hell won't spend an hour literally staring at my screen. People weren't playing your game because they were tired of your old, boring, ridiculously easy missions! I am coming back to play RAILJACK! Not farm level 30 enemies on ceres and pluto or whatever.

I'd rather do my taxes than play through these missions! I'd rather wash the dishes! These missions are more boring than idle clicker games! Quit it with that S#&$! If you have nothing new to add, then just don't add anything! Don't shoehorn those arbitrary resources into old missions and then force us to go through the same S#&$ again!

I can't stress enough how many times I've played these missions. I'm losing my #*!%ing mind here! Enough already!

It’s not just this new update. Several previous updates wiped out players time spent in game,  money, and in-game currency invested in Mods, builds and many others items. Hundreds of hours if not thousands of hours of time and Platinum and real money. This is very disappointing.  It’s also totally against human psychology of achievements. It drives the most royal and long time players away. 

Edited by George_PPS

@CalmClouds

This is done for 1 reason...

Players just entering the game will gain the needed materials to progress in content at a more steady pace.  We have all had to go back to get materials for things in easier missions.  Don't make it look like you are the ONLY one to have to do it.  I will join lower level missions just to help new players because I know how hard some of those missions were when I was just a wee tenno.

So simmer bud.

On 2019-12-15 at 1:23 PM, CalmClouds said:

I see your point. The new R N G system got fixed into railjack and other content since the release of harrow is diminish returns. Our old content to grind ratio has been thrown out. The books have been cooked alright,