Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is repairing hull ruptures and fires a "waste of materials"?

Soleyman1

Question

12 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

basically one guy told me to stop repairing hull ruptures and fires, and only repair breaches, because I was "wasting materials"
Is that actually true or should I ignore people like them and repair everything?

You have one minute to repair a rupture, or the ship blows apart ( mission fails ).

This "guy" either has their info backwards, or was trolling you.

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

I would say: If you're so concerned about materials sit and farm after the skirmish is finished because holy smokes you get WAY more than enough of all the materials to resupply whatever you might need. If I had people ignoring ruptures, fires, and electric hazards on a railjack I was on I'd be ticked off. Those DO have an impact on your railjack's abilities - Electrical hazards for example will hamper shield regen for the railjack. 

Hull rupture is lowering your RJ-max health / Fires are slowly decaying your health.
Electrical hazards will nerf your shields.

You can live with that.
+ when you repair the breaches, your Railjack is invincible for a moment & regen health.
So I kinda agree with the guy who told you that.

If you Solo, you need to make the good decisions; and choosing between electric-sparklings & a dead enemy fighter I won't hesitate. As Cephalon Cy says himself: "back to work, clean the blood later".

3 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

You have one minute to repair a rupture, or the ship blows apart ( mission fails ).

OP was asked not to care about anything BESIDES the 60 seconds countdown.

Because of how the mission fail works now is only caused by the hull breach.

Despite other hazard posts a threat to cause a hull breach, there would only be one breach at a time.

Meaning if you don't seal the breach for 50seconds. you won't necessarily need to repair anything within that 50 seconds.

RJ also favors from invincibility and healing shortly after the breach was sealed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soleyman1 said:

basically one guy told me to stop repairing hull ruptures and fires, and only repair breaches, because I was "wasting materials"
Is that actually true or should I ignore people like them and repair everything?

Every problem in the ship drains it's HP to a certain threshold leading to a hull breach.. If you leave all the fires/ruptures/electric stuff your ship will have a hull breach every 5 seconds. The guy who told you that was just bad at railjack. You will have minimal damage taken if everyone does their job well. Gunners keep fighters at bay and the pilot beams down the crewships with the laser. You only board them if the laser runs out of ammo. Once all the crewships and fighters are cleared you hide the ship behind na asteroid and the whole squad goes in the galleon for the blueprint. The resources that have been loaded into the omni can not be taken out so using them to fix things is their only purpose.

Edited by VA4L
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Soleyman1 said:

The debuffs caused by fires, electrical damage, and minor ruptures are so minuscule that it can feel like a waste. However, there IS a benefit to doing so: Intrinsics XP. If you're repairing your ship entirely, you can get more Intrinsics

Otherwise yes, putting out fires is a waste of materials

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VA4L said:

The guy who told you that was just bad at railjack.

Not really. Pro engineer would not seal anything on sight. They only seal breaches when the countdown reaches 10~15 seconds to save a lot of mats.

Pro pilot would destroy rammers to ease the job of engineer.

Pro away team would slow the jets for himself and gunner to land hits more easily.

5 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Not really. Pro engineer would not seal anything on sight. They only seal breaches when the countdown reaches 10~15 seconds to save a lot of mats.

Pro pilot would destroy rammers to ease the job of engineer.

Pro away team would slow the jets for himself and gunner to land hits more easily.

How are you saving materials of your ship is constantly breaching? If you just shoot everything in time the enemy won't get past the ship's shields.

Just now, VA4L said:

How are you saving materials of your ship is constantly breaching? If you just shoot everything in time the enemy won't get past the ship's shields.

Looks like you are one of those hiding in the big asteroid bunker?

Hazards every 5 mins because a jet happened to slip into the hole?

5 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Looks like you are one of those hiding in the big asteroid bunker?

Hazards every 5 mins because a jet happened to slip into the hole?

Nope i use forward artillery to take down crewships. And seeking volley to eliminate fighters. The ship barely gets a scratch. I can solo Saturn by being a decent pilot/gunner.

Edited by VA4L

9 hours ago, Soleyman1 said:

depending on the situation.

In the middle of intense fight and resource is so scarce. For example, you ran out of mats to make omni ammo and you know the RJ is going to take damage even if you sealed everything. Then you should save the ammo for sealing breaches only.

Beach is the only thing that will fail the mission, nothing else. All other hazards including rupture would only lead to hull breach.

As only one hull breach could happen at the same time (unless bug), you could wait 45~50seconds before sealing it. Technically the railjack is undying during that time excluding the invincibility after the sealing.

Some hosts are not comfortable with the alarm and the count down being so tight, so practice whichever favours the host.

Of course if the mats are abundant and the forge has fast cool down ( engineer skill + pilot active skill ), then seal whatever you want. Just leave 1~2 forges if gunners want to speed up killing things with artillery

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

Yesteray I jumped onto a random ship in a rather high lvl content and of course, being the last member, the pilot seat and both side turrets were taken. So I got the run&fix job.

I did my best to fix everything as fast as I could. But instead of getting a "good job!" from the crew, they started telling me to "slow the f down". I was like...."WHY?" and the only answer I got was "It´s counterproductive"

I was scratching my head.... and did what they told me. I maned the front gun and got a "Don´t waste my ammo" from the captain.

So I left the ship in archwing. got shot to pieces and now I crouch in a corner and cry.

The end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamLoco said:

Yesteray I jumped onto a random ship in a rather high lvl content and of course, being the last member, the pilot seat and both side turrets were taken. So I got the run&fix job.

I did my best to fix everything as fast as I could. But instead of getting a "good job!" from the crew, they started telling me to "slow the f down". I was like...."WHY?" and the only answer I got was "It´s counterproductive"

I was scratching my head.... and did what they told me. I maned the front gun and got a "Don´t waste my ammo" from the captain.

So I left the ship in archwing. got shot to pieces and now I crouch in a corner and cry.

The end.

You should have taken over an enemy ship and then blew up their RJ  lmao.  

12 hours ago, Umbriellan said:

If you Solo, you need to make the good decisions; and choosing between electric-sparklings & a dead enemy fighter I won't hesitate. As Cephalon Cy says himself: "back to work, clean the blood later".

If you solo, you need to leave your railjack far away from the archwing action so it won't get attacked. Then you don't have to worry about prioritizing repairs or wasting resources at all.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VA4L said:

Every problem in the ship drains it's HP to a certain threshold leading to a hull breach.. If you leave all the fires/ruptures/electric stuff your ship will have a hull breach every 5 seconds. The guy who told you that was just bad at railjack. You will have minimal damage taken if everyone does their job well. Gunners keep fighters at bay and the pilot beams down the crewships with the laser. You only board them if the laser runs out of ammo. Once all the crewships and fighters are cleared you hide the ship behind na asteroid and the whole squad goes in the galleon for the blueprint. The resources that have been loaded into the omni can not be taken out so using them to fix things is their only purpose.

Two questions :

1. Which "laser" are you referring to?

2. Which mission map is the galleon located? I'm still on Earth (a bug deleted half my avi's, including market-bought ones) and I don't believe I saw one.

Seems 90% of players are bad at it, including the warframe partners. There's no mention of "pilots taking down cruisers with lasers" or "how to loot BPs". 

Your a shining light in the void, my friend.

47 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I think he means the main cannon.

47 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

2. Which mission map is the galleon located? I'm still on Earth (a bug deleted half my avi's, including market-bought ones) and I don't believe I saw one.

Unlike the Saturn "boss" which is always as Kasio's rest, I believe the Galleon captain assination objective is not 100% chance to appear in a mission, and can appear in a few of the higher level Earth missions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Two questions :

Seems 90% of players are bad at it, including the warframe partners. There's no mention of "pilots taking down cruisers with lasers" or "how to loot BPs". 

Your a shining light in the void, my friend.

The console behind the navigation takes you down to the frontal artillery. It is a big charge attack laser that oneshots crewships and has 4 charges, consuming "dome charges" from the forge.

There is a random chance of the Galleon tileset to spawn in any mission that has a node that looks like a grineer ship (not asteroid).

Edited by VA4L
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VA4L said:

The console behind the navigation takes you down to the frontal artillery. It is a big charge attack laser that oneshots crewships and has 4 charges, consuming "dome charges" from the forge.

There is a random chance of the Galleon tileset to spawn in any mission that has a node that looks like a grineer ship (not asteroid).

Ok, so I need Gunner R5 and look for those large grineer ships.

On 2019-12-15 at 10:30 PM, GrazeZeroLow said:

He wasn't and I'll explain below.

On 2019-12-15 at 10:17 PM, Soleyman1 said:

Yes, you are wasting resources, but not entirely, I don't know if this is intended or not, but, repairing only the "FIX THIS NOW OR WE BLOW UP" around the 10s mark, is all you really need to worry about, anything else is just wasting resources as you're going to have electrical fires, and the regular fires, and hull breaches near constantly, getting rid of those costs 10 revolite, getting rid of one "FIX THIS NOW OR WE BLOW UP" costs 30 revolite, fix 3 fires, and you just wasted resources that didn't actually save the ship.
Fixing the "RED" one, at around the 10s mark, ensures you're invulnerable for at least 55 seconds (50 seconds of waiting, and 5 seconds after fixing). At 300 Revolite, you're looking at 550 seconds of invulnerability or just 9 minutes and 10 seconds.

Every time you fix a non "CATASTROFIC FAILURE IMINENT" thing, you remove Invulnerable time from your total.
So no, his info is not backwards, he just did his best to understand the mechanic, and take advantage of it, considering how fragile the railjack is.

EDIT: I noticed he said Breaches, and not Ruptures, there's this little tidbit I found on another forum post, which explains why that's the case

" Fixing hull breaches, then letting the Railjack health drop back down to critical (since fixing hull breaches heals the Railjack a bit), would reset the catastrophic failure timer. Don't know whether that's a bug, but anyway, it works. "

Which means, yes, it's even more of a waste of resources, so that guy was right on the money.

Edited by SocialFox