Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quickest Leveling Archwing?

kwlingo

Not sure why but in the Mobile Defense mission on Neptune, Salacia I was joining public groups and everyone was flying away from the defense target. Even after the mission the affinity bonus was about 30,000 to 50,000 when everyone was close range or some running to extraction killing everything before it come to defense target. Points were dependent on number of personal kills not affinity sharing it seemed. After a few runs everyone was getting frustrated and seemed like no one cared to stay within range for affinity sharing, myself included. So I ran a solo and I got more affinity than in group together or far distance apart. As of right now not sure if its a bug after Railjack update or was this always the same. My recommendation is to go solo you will get lots more.

I use two methods:
1) Blow up drop ships and Eximus units on Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis while in Archwing. They net about 800-1000 affinity each. Bring a radiation sniper for Plains of Eidolon and a Corrosive sniper for Orb Vallis.
2) Caelus, Uranus is super easy to solo with the blink (now universal) and can earn you Dual Rounds and/or Hollowed Bullets (both very useful for Archguns). Shield Dargyns spawn here and they can drop Auxiliary Power. By round 4-5, many of the enemies are Eximus.

EDIT: P.S. Archwing Interception captures give +300 affinity, and +500 affinity for dominating (holding all 4 towers). It's quite a bit more than normal missions! I think it's 100 affinity for captures in normal missions?

Edited by nslay

Yeah i think they changed something. I to decided to level up a new archwing and noticed the xp was pretty bad. In group or solo I found it was taking a lot longer then normal. Even tried forma'ing my larkspur after my archwing was maxed. Was taking me like 6-7 runs to level from 0-30. Used to take around 3-4 runs max on Salacia with affinity booster. I think its either bugged or nerfed. 

Edited by bananacat89

13 minutes ago, nslay said:

1) Blow up drop ships and Eximus units on Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis while in Archwing. They net about 800-1000 affinity each. Bring a radiation sniper for Plains of Eidolon and a Corrosive sniper for Orb Vallis.

Is this quick or depends on the spawn rate?

20 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Is this quick or depends on the spawn rate?

I don't know. It seems quick! I usually do this to get the Archwing minimally ranked (e.g. rank 10), and then I do runs of 4-5 rounds of Caelus, Uranus. If you're worried about spawns, do this trick while running bounties. The Liberate Camp and Armored Vault phases spawn mostly drop ships.

EDIT: P.S. Don't blow up any ships (with passengers) on the supply beacon phase of a bounty. You may lockup the bounty! It's an annoying bug... By all means, blow up ships after the passengers are dropped off though! Passengers won't drop supply beacons ever...

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nslay said:

I don't know. It seems quick! I usually do this to get the Archwing minimally ranked (e.g. rank 10), and then I do runs of 4-5 rounds of Caelus, Uranus. If you're worried about spawns, do this trick while running bounties. The Liberate Camp and Armored Vault phases spawn mostly drop ships.

Ill have to try this. Seem like a good option

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

Ill have to try this. Seem like a good option

Well, I like it! It's pretty fun to blow up drop ships and snipe eximus units. You don't even need to do anything like T5 bounties to get good affinity from drop ships and Eximus units either. In fact, don't go too high as the drop ships become harder to kill... But if you do something like a T5 bounty intending to profit off of drop ship affinity with Archwing, bring something to strip armor (I use a 100% status Corrosive+Shattering Impact Sarpa with High Noon for this job).

The NPCs are getting stuck in the hallways on mobile defense. Their pathing seems to get them stuck on environmental aspects (the support beams?), leading them to not arrive at the defense location. More often than not. The NPCs move slower than I recall also. Then again the archwings now move a lot faster too.

Thanks for the tip. I'll solo mobile defense because someone is nearly always separated from the group and killing lots of NPCs.

• Like 1