Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want AI/NPCs on my ship!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Options:

-Give me auto pilot mode, where I command Cy to fly in circles or figure 8s. While I go kick some ass. 

-Let my companions (kavats and kubrows)  and Sentinels (everyone I own) roam the ship, hot ready to engage and repel boards. Let me assign Sentinels to repair my ship when damaged. (If R2D2 can fix stuff so can our Sentinels)

-Let me assign MOAs to create ammo. Let me upgrade thier efficiency and speed at which they do thier assinged jobs. Let me stick a fire extinguisher in my MOA and let it scan for fires and extinguish them. 

-Let me recruit NPCs to create ammo or other remedial tasks on the ship. Let us upgrade their efficiency and speed at which they do thier jobs. 

-Let me have Ordis hack the turrets and give cover fire. With upgradable efficiency and accuracy (if Umbra can auto f S#&$ up, Ordis should be able too also). 

-Give me a fire supression system I can activate using transference, my parazon or WF energy that heals the ship with varying upgradable efficiencies and speed. 

Screw co-op. I much rather play solo this way. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 14

It'd be cool if Shadows, Thralls and Mind Controlled enemies could do some of these tasks... even if temporarily.

EDIT: Maybe specters could be commanded to do some of these things too?

Edited by nslay
Spelling

1 hour ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Give me auto pilot mode, where I command Cy to fly in circles or figure 8s. While I go kick some ass. 

If one of the orders is also "Sit there and look pretty", I agree.

Let my companions (kavats and kubrows)  and Sentinels (everyone I own) roam the ship, hot ready to engage and repel boards. Let me assign Sentinels to repair my ship when damaged. (If R2D2 can fix stuff so can our Sentinels)

Agreed. The Sentinels can equip a lot of weapons already. I see no lore reasons to be against this. Furthermore, I need an excuse to ask for an army of cute little drones delivering death and salvation on my ship.

Let me assign MOAs to create ammo. Let me upgrade thier efficiency and speed at which they do thier assinged jobs. Let me stick a fire extinguisher in my MOA and let it scan for fires and extinguish them.

Might as well combine this with the Sentinel request above. Though by ammo, you mean something like the Sahasa Kubrow's Dig? If yes, then I agree.

Let me have Ordis hack the turrets and give cover fire. With upgradable efficiency and accuracy (if Umbra can auto f S#&$ up, Ordis should be able too also).

That would require him to tap into his Ordan Karris persona again. Which I think he just need an excuse to do so. Tell him "it's to protect the Tenno" and I think he will jump at the gun.

-Give me a fire supression system I can activate using transference, my parazon or WF energy that heals the ship with varying upgradable efficiencies and speed. 

A Parazon mod for various maintenance duty? I suspect it would need to be farmed from the Empyrean missions. Not sure about the upgradeable part since Parazon mods don't have any level.

19 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

sounds like the upcoming command intrinsic

at least I hope that is what it will come with.

No, from what I've heard the crewmates would be from the various Syndicates and the Kuva Lich.

20 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

If one of the orders is also "Sit there and look pretty", I agree.

Agreed. The Sentinels can equip a lot of weapons already. I see no lore reasons to be against this. Furthermore, I need an excuse to ask for an army of cute little drones delivering death and salvation on my ship.

Might as well combine this with the Sentinel request above. Though by ammo, you mean something like the Sahasa Kubrow's Dig? If yes, then I agree.

That would require him to tap into his Ordan Karris persona again. Which I think he just need an excuse to do so. Tell him "it's to protect the Tenno" and I think he will jump at the gun.

A Parazon mod for various maintenance duty? I suspect it would need to be farmed from the Empyrean missions. Not sure about the upgradeable part since Parazon mods don't have any level.

Sounds great. 

I was imagining now (because imagining it's free) what could save Empyrean from disaster.

I think Railjack has all the potential to offer an experience similar to "Mass Effect". If someone here came to play Mass Effect, they will understand what I mean. ME was one of the best games ever designed.

Apply the idea of OP could be in this direction. Be the commander of your ship, have your own crew (without the need of other human players) and be able to freely travel all the nodes of the solar system.

The crew could be trained by assigning skill points from a list of options, to better perform their multiple and varied tasks. For example: having gunners from "rookies" to "elite gunners."

Our current orbit would be integrated into the Railjack and with it the landing would be made on the planets, as is currently the case.

I keep dreaming, and I imagine sharing my trip through space with another 3, 10 or 20 Railjacks, in combat formation towards a space war of colossal proportions.

Dreaming is free.

Edit: and if something like that exists, I would call my Railjack "USS Normandy". Of course.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Awazx

7 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Options:

-Give me auto pilot mode, where I command Cy to fly in circles or figure 8s. While I go kick some ass. 

-Let my companions (kavats and kubrows)  and Sentinels (everyone I own) roam the ship, hot ready to engage and repel boards. Let me assign Sentinels to repair my ship when damaged. (If R2D2 can fix stuff so can our Sentinels)

-Let me assign MOAs to create ammo. Let me upgrade thier efficiency and speed at which they do thier assinged jobs. Let me stick a fire extinguisher in my MOA and let it scan for fires and extinguish them. 

-Let me recruit NPCs to create ammo or other remedial tasks on the ship. Let us upgrade their efficiency and speed at which they do thier jobs. 

-Let me have Ordis hack the turrets and give cover fire. With upgradable efficiency and accuracy (if Umbra can auto f S#&$ up, Ordis should be able too also). 

Screw co-op. I much rather play solo this way. 

Great ideas but this should be on feedback forum

8 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Give me auto pilot mode, where I command Cy to fly in circles or figure 8s. While I go kick some ass.

do you really want to trust Warframe's AI with your super-expensive ship that took ages to build? I'd sooner trust my dog with a Ferrari.

Let my companions (kavats and kubrows)  and Sentinels (everyone I own) roam the ship, hot ready to engage and repel boards. Let me assign Sentinels to repair my ship when damaged. (If R2D2 can fix stuff so can our Sentinels)

I revive my Kavat in high level content enough thanks, without having to also micromanage a combat ship at the same time..

Let me assign MOAs to create ammo. Let me upgrade thier efficiency and speed at which they do thier assinged jobs. Let me stick a fire extinguisher in my MOA and let it scan for fires and extinguish them. 

I suppose that would be fine, but instead of our Personal MOAs, I'd prefer some kind of onboard foundry that makes expendable units I don't have to worry about.

I imagine they would let us do this anyway, with converted Liches and Syndicate members on board our ship. really the NPCs should be doing the super menial (but still important tasks) so that the Tenno can focus on combat, because you know... that's what Warframes are kind of designed for.. I reckon DE planned to include this at launch before they rushed the update out, so they might add this in later.

Let me have Ordis hack the turrets and give cover fire. With upgradable efficiency and accuracy (if Umbra can auto f S#&$ up, Ordis should be able too also). 

that would be cool. as a bonus, it would be great if you could put Ordis into some kind of combat mech to repel Boarders, then we could finally see just how badass the Beast of Bones truly was back in his day.

Give me a fire supression system I can activate using transference, my parazon or WF energy that heals the ship with varying upgradable efficiencies and speed.

I imagine an Operator coming out of his frame and shooting Fire Extinguisher Foam from his hands.. from the sounds of it, the Railjack is super squishy, so something to ease that would be good.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

do you really want to trust Warframe's AI with your super-expensive ship that took ages to build? I'd sooner trust my dog with a Ferrari.

I propose a daring option: that DE design a good AI. Problem solved.

15 hours ago, Awazx said:

I was imagining now (because imagining it's free) what could save Empyrean from disaster.

I think Railjack has all the potential to offer an experience similar to "Mass Effect". If someone here came to play Mass Effect, they will understand what I mean. ME was one of the best games ever designed.

Apply the idea of OP could be in this direction. Be the commander of your ship, have your own crew (without the need of other human players) and be able to freely travel all the nodes of the solar system.

The crew could be trained by assigning skill points from a list of options, to better perform their multiple and varied tasks. For example: having gunners from "rookies" to "elite gunners."

Our current orbit would be integrated into the Railjack and with it the landing would be made on the planets, as is currently the case.

I keep dreaming, and I imagine sharing my trip through space with another 3, 10 or 20 Railjacks, in combat formation towards a space war of colossal proportions.

Dreaming is free.

Edit: and if something like that exists, I would call my Railjack "USS Normandy". Of course.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cool