Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got a rare cache in Galleon mission in veil proxima, no Umbral forma?


Skaleek
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, this is the second rare cache i've found with no umbral forma. Is this intended? feels like kinda a kick in the nuts since ive been farming these religiously.

Sorry, probably belongs in bug forum.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rare containers usually have guaranteed drops.

Rare Grineer containers: Detonite Injector and a booster.
Rare Corpus containers: Fieldron and a booster.
Rare Orokin containers: Forma and a booster.

Why rare Grineer Railjack containers would drop non-Grineer loot like Umbral Forma is beyond me though.... What even is Umbral Forma? Is that still technically Orokin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Rare containers usually have guaranteed drops.

Rare Grineer containers: Detonite Injector and a booster.
Rare Corpus containers: Fieldron and a booster.
Rare Orokin containers: Forma and a booster.

Why rare Grineer Railjack containers would drop non-Grineer loot like Umbral Forma is beyond me though.... What even is Umbral Forma? Is that still technically Orokin?

Maybe because we don't have anything focused on the Orokin or Corpus, yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Hi, this is the second rare cache i've found with no umbral forma. Is this intended? feels like kinda a kick in the nuts since ive been farming these religiously.

Sorry, probably belongs in bug forum.

Welcome to RNG, you aren't ensured to get a umbra forma

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Not always, i can assure you that. Its not a rule, may happen or not. 

No, they always do. You are incorrect. Sometimes when you are clientside you don't see them drop. But the host always does. And its always 30m affinity/credits for rare, and 1hr affinity/credits for reinforced.

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is just like the forma drop chance from the chest after you do the octavia puzle, totaly random yay. Dont forget also the stuff you get may have some changes/slight differences between them even if they are from the same school (3 schools btw, i mighs start looking wich ones are better for wich purposes)

But since the missions difer in random missions or gallions right now only certain tipe is good. Hope they add another tipe of missions, like they showed us in some devstream. 

Ik its hard and is a huge uptade, just give time to the time. Buggs, drops, etc. Even missions cant expect everything go smoth as silk.(btw huge problem with the asteroid hangar, if you dont destroy the required crew ships and end the mission wont be able to end it. The game "thinks" you can kill it and wont spawn another one)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it makes any sense for Grineer rare containers (Railjack or otherwise!) to drop Umbral Forma...

Now if there were some floating Orokin containers in all the Orokin wreckage and one of them might be rare... that would make a little more sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

I don't think it makes any sense for Grineer rare containers (Railjack or otherwise!) to drop Umbral Forma...

Sure thats fine, but currently farming umbral forma and finally getting the rare caches only to get zip is a huge kick in the balls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Sure thats fine, but currently farming umbral forma and finally getting the rare caches only to get zip is a huge kick in the balls.

Agreed. It shouldn't be like the music test container. It should be like a proper rare container that has guaranteed rewards but spawns with like 0.5% chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

Umbral Forma is so niche to begin with. I still haven't spent mine... It will matter for frames that want to equip all 3 fully ranked Umbral mods. How many of those frames exist that fully benefit from all 3 of them?

I need about 30 for the builds i'd like to put on my Warframes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Umbral Forma is so niche to begin with. I still haven't spent mine... It will matter for frames that want to equip all 3 fully ranked Umbral mods. How many of those frames exist that fully benefit from all 3 of them?

Mostly tank frames benefit from them and the Umbral mods. Inaros, Valkyr, Chroma especially. I'm fairly certain Rhino and Nidus benefit greatly as well.

Umbral mods are literally what makes Chroma in his current state worth using since he somewhat resembles his pre-nerf/fixed state with them, but the build, at least the one I use, requires at minimum 2 umbral forma to get all 3 umbral mods on him. And I'm fairly certain that I will need 3 umbral forma so I can swap out his aura for something more useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I need about 30 for the builds i'd like to put on my Warframes.

Really? You need substantial armor and health on about 10+ frames? You can't get by with normal Vitality and Steel Fiber or even partially ranked Umbral Vitality/Fiber mods?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Really? You need substantial armor and health on about 10+ frames? You can't get by with normal Vitality and Steel Fiber or even partially ranked Umbral Vitality/Fiber mods?

He's talking about min-maxing a build. While you might not NEED it, the umbral mods are indeed upgrades compared to their non-umbral counterparts. 

And yes; for 42 frames, i made what i thought were the best builds on all of them and i calculated 27 umbral forma. With that being said as long as the frame doesn't have a prime variant, I'm not willing to put an umbral forma on it due to their rarity. Of those 27 umbral forma i would use, 16 are on prime frames.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...