Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I did the final Veil Proxima Mission solo...

Renegade343

Turned out it was actually pretty fine once you get the hang of things. Didn't use any Rivens, and only two forma in total across my whole loadout, and got through the mission in just under an hour. Died twice, one because I got distracted by something in real life, the second because I wanted to test the limits of a method of regaining energy while being temporarily safe.

Here's the final mission screenshot, at the start:

Spoiler

rBbtFzR.jpg

The final mission reward screen:

Spoiler

H3C9iKb.jpg?1

My builds:

Nezha:

Spoiler

ozOiZTz.jpg?1

Daikyu:

Spoiler

N7qitjA.jpg?1

Nukor:

Spoiler

OndhLb5.jpg?1

Sancti Magister:

Spoiler

NEPvJbG.jpg?1

Chesa Kubrow:

Spoiler

0yGZmCl.jpg?1

Amesha:

Spoiler

zh3Cyrb.jpg?1

Dual Decurion:

Spoiler

StzZ9iG.jpg?1

Kaszas:

Spoiler

WFXp8Vx.jpg?1

Basically, what I do is this to complete the mission:

1. Bind your Synthesis Scanner to a quickly accessible key.
  2. Leave the Railjack, and go into Archwing. Yes, I know it's a problem with the gamemode.
  3. Fly towards the fighters, and activate Amesha's 4 as soon as their indicator turns yellow. For more safety, activate 2 as well and stay still within the beacon.
  4. Let one or two projectiles hit you, so you gain energy. Once it's near full or full, hit 1 and 3 immediately.
  5. Quickly swap in and out of Synthesis Scanner, and you get the Vigourous Swap boost for your Archgun. Radiation Damage because for whatever reason, DE decided that Archguns inflict the Damage 2.0 elements, but status effects are Railjack status effects. Do the Synthesis Scanner swap periodically.
  6. Keep shooting at the fighters. It seems like aiming at the engines or the cockpit gives more damage bonus, need to check exactly to make sure.
  7. Only go back to the Railjack when it has catastrophic failure timer at 30 seconds remaining or so.
  8. When crewships arrive, don't fly directly towards it, but rather circle and close in to board while using 1 as soon as it depletes fully. Makes your 1 last longer as some missiles would miss. Once in, drop the reactor shields and kill the reactor quickly. I just brought an unformaed Daikyu because it can drop the reactor in 1-2 shots with the build.
  9. Sancti Magistar heavy spam for healing, with Nukor for armor stripping and CO support for the Sancti Magister. I just slapped the Nukor build together with not much thinking, and it works alright. Could probably afford to rebuild my Sancti Magistar somewhat, since I'm heavy spamming, but anyway, it'll heal a lot with one heavy strike against the level 90 Grineer Railjack enemies.

Some things to note:

• If you die, the Synthesis Scanner trick for Vigourous Swap doesn't work anymore. Probably go with swapping between Archmelee and Archgun for the boost.
  • Fixing hull breaches, then letting the Railjack health drop back down to critical (since fixing hull breaches heals the Railjack a bit), would reset the catastrophic failure timer. Don't know whether that's a bug, but anyway, it works.
  • If your companion bleeds out in the crewship as it explodes, and you go back to your Railjack, it sometimes gets revived back to full health, or it glitches out.

So anyway, turns out Railjack can be soloed. Maybe I should try solo Railjack only once I get all MKIII components I want.

Edited by Renegade343
Forgot my Nezha build

Just now, Kahrain said:

Nice. I am curious as to what your intrinsics were at. I assume T4 for the easy return, but what about the other 3?

T4 Tactical, T4 Gunner (although I just use the pads to drop out of the Railjack because I don't want to be boosted across a large distance), T1 Pilot, T7 Engineering, gunning for T10 Engineering.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

It's... a bit of an issue, but once you get the Vigourous Swap damage boost going, it'll take the fighters down with some ease.

Or use Odonata's Energy Shell to boost that crit damage a lot... I intend to beat this thing solo with Odonata Prime.

Just now, nslay said:

Or use Odonata's Energy Shell to boost that crit damage a lot... I intend to beat this thing solo with Odonata Prime.

You may run into trouble that some of the missiles will circle around you and hit you from behind if you dodge. And Odonata's Energy Shell doesn't protect you everywhere, so getting swarmed with it is a rather bad situation to be in.

You may run into trouble that some of the missiles will circle around you and hit you from behind if you dodge. And Odonata's Energy Shell doesn't protect you everywhere, so getting swarmed with it is a rather bad situation to be in.

We got lock-ons in Railjack!? Hooray! Odonata's Disarray has a use!

I'm OK with being swarmed. I use Blink to get out of those situations so that most of them are in front of me with Energy Shell protecting me. What I'm NOT OK with is the crewship splash damage penetrating my Energy Shell. I hope they tune down the splash radius or make Energy Shell properly block splash damage. They did it for Garuda's Dread Mirror recently... copy and paste that code into Odonata? Or heck, doesn't Volt's shield already block splash damage?

1 minute ago, nslay said:

We got lock-ons in Railjack!? Hooray! Odonata's Disarray has a use!

I'm... actually not sure if it's going to work. I know Amesha's Benevolent Decoy doesn't work all that well in drawing in enemy missiles, and I know that Itzal's invisibility doesn't remove lock on.

Would be interesting if Odonata's the one to divert all the missiles away.

Just now, nslay said:

They did it for Garuda's Dread Mirror recently... copy and paste that code into Odonata? Or heck, doesn't Volt's shield already block splash damage?

It might not be the shield, explosive projectiles have this weird tendency to ignore things, ground combat grenades in particular can break through even Frost bubbles, I know that from experience.

Enemy Splash damage has been buggy for as long as I can remember in Warframe, so the Railjack version being buggy wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, schilds said:

Is it really a problem though when it takes almost an hour doing it this way, and far less time doing it in a railjack?

Well, considering that Railjack is a bit more... clumsy and large, not having to periodically teleport back and forth to seal catastrophic failures does cut down on time a bit. Also, boarding parties seem ineffectual when you're solo and out of Railjack, so there's that consideration.

I'm... actually not sure if it's going to work. I know Amesha's Benevolent Decoy doesn't work all that well in drawing in enemy missiles, and I know that Itzal's invisibility doesn't remove lock on.

It may not work because Odonata's Repel doesn't stun fighters. The Archwing abilities don't seem to completely work as advertised in Railjack yet.

I'm hoping they will fix Repel because it would be so wonderful to catch even 1 fighter with it. Can you imagine? The fighter is stopped and completely disabled for some seconds while you gun it down! This is how it works for normal Archwing enemies and I use it heavily to get behind Shield Dargyns (because they keep that shield pointed at you otherwise!).

1 minute ago, nslay said:

It may not work because Odonata's Repel doesn't stun fighters. The Archwing abilities don't seem to completely work as advertised in Railjack yet.

I'm hoping they will fix Repel because it would be so wonderful to catch even 1 fighter with it. Can you imagine? The fighter is stopped and completely disabled for some seconds while you gun it down! This is how it works for normal Archwing enemies and I use it heavily to get behind Shield Dargyns (because they keep that shield pointed at you otherwise!).

By the way, there are fighters with frontal shields, but you can shoot down the shield relatively easily. Also, they don't use it effectively, so...

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Disarray will distract missiles chasing you and cause them to detonate on the flares provided they don't hit you directly but it doesn't draw the tracking of new missiles even if the flares stay around for awhile. You have to spam it constantly if you don't want to get blasted from a group of Elite Cutters or a Crewship. Amesha's drones are more cost effective and a safer bet still since you're still open to oncoming missiles or new ones fired before you can use Disarray again.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

By the way, there are fighters with frontal shields, but you can shoot down the shield relatively easily. Also, they don't use it effectively, so...

Welp, you used Dual Decurion against all conventional wisdom and succeeded. So far, I am successful with Odonata Prime. Maybe I'll hit a brick wall and have to start using Amesha. But I'm going to try!

Just now, lukasystem said:

So basically the best way to play Railjack missions is not to use the Railjack at all and pretend is a dumb kavat that you need to revive constantly.... interesting.

I mean, I know somebody who's able to solo the last Earth Proxima mission with basically Railjack only, but that means more frequent catastrophic failures and, I feel, a more effective boarding party against your Railjack.

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

Welp, you used Dual Decurion against all conventional wisdom and succeeded. So far, I am successful with Odonata Prime. Maybe I'll hit a brick wall and have to start using Amesha. But I'm going to try!

Yes, do it. Let's see how far or weird we can take stuff.

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

Or just play a public mission. God job but why do people think they have to do it alone? Railjack is designed for CoOp. Why play it alone and not experience the real fight?

Well, I wanted to see if it's true that it's going to be practically impossible solo. And then I imposed my own challenge of not using Rivens and minimal Forma for the extra spice.

Besides, I did play Saturn Proxima with friends.