Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino needs a serious look over

(XBOX)Nero Dokaim

Idk y but recently I started playing rhino again and I realize how outdated his kit(sounds and animations) and passive is, his passive is one of the worst if not the worst passive in the game. Anyone else agree? 

and/or any tweaks you think would be good with him?

Edited by (XB1)Nero Dokaim

Not every frame needs to be ultra-complicated. Rhino is simple, and all of his abilities are useful. 1 is a gap closer(/armor generator if you use the augment), 2 is invulnerability, 3 is a damage buff, 4 is cc. He's a great starter frame, which is convenient since he's dropped from the 2nd boss that new players encounter in the game.

• Like 10

i agree and not; i think rhinos passive is very bad and look meh ingame on my opinion dont have any valuable place, her kit is really strong and good he have good cc a huge dmg buff and a insane survival, but in my opinion is bored play "in god mode" i main valkyr but i play rhino a lot too and i hate the "inmortal" states ingame as histeria, iron skin asimilate portatil bubble... vazarin dont killme never inmune + recover and their variations.... as somebody who have an high knowledge about the game in all content or mechanics i think iron skin must work as nehza do it; dmg red with their own value, to make you at least pay atention to your hp instead go 0 hp mods just with this change and a new passive and new stomp animation rhino was perfectly back in game for me

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

Why do you think rhino is fine? Like what’s your opinion on it?

Having played a lot of Rhino, my only complaints about his kit are that:
- Rhino Charge is purely horizontal and can't be aimed up/down at all
- Iron Skin requires an augment
- His passive, of course, is hot garbage

Aside from that, though, Rhino's kit is... well... perfect. He's a heavy all-rounder with an extremely simple, robust, and reliable kit. He has a nice variety of specialized builds at his disposal (tanking, damage-buffing, solo stealth, etc), which is a luxury that many other frames don't have.

I'm not joking about the stealth thing, by the way. Rhino is deceptively one of the best frames in the game for both Spy missions and stealthy Adaro runs (for weapon-leveling purposes).

Rather than asking people what's good about Rhino (because the answer is, well... everything), could you be a bit more specific about what you think is bad?

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

hace 2 minutos, Yuri_Doujinshi dijo:

Not every frame needs to be ultra-complicated. Rhino is simple, and all of his abilities are useful. 1 is a gap closer(/armor generator if you use the augment), 2 is invulnerability, 3 is a damage buff, 4 is cc. He's a great starter frame, which is convenient since he's dropped from the 2nd boss that new players encounter in the game.

yes i agree with you but rhino is very good on endgame too for the same reasons specially roar for all your teammates + some retarded weapon and stomp, iron skin is good always too

12 minutes ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

i agree and not; i think rhinos passive is very bad and look meh ingame on my opinion dont have any valuable place, her kit is really strong and good he have good cc a huge dmg buff and a insane survival, but in my opinion is bored play "in god mode" i main valkyr but i play rhino a lot too and i hate the "inmortal" states ingame as histeria, iron skin asimilate portatil bubble... vazarin dont killme never inmune + recover and their variations.... as somebody who have an high knowledge about the game in all content or mechanics i think iron skin must work as nehza do it; dmg red with their own value, to make you at least pay atention to your hp instead go 0 hp mods just with this change and a new passive and new stomp animation rhino was perfectly back in game for me

I agree with that I mean they should make his simplicity more interesting is what I’m saying. His passive is definitely a huge issue 

7 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Rhino is one of the best Warframe in the game. It does not need any rework.

I’m not talking a rework I’m talking his most important thing is his passive it’s hot garbage and does nothing for him. I’m saying comb over his abilities with fixes and or better animations no huge changes but yes I consider his passive a huge pile of trash 

• Like 1

Here's my take on it:

Passive: Literally worthless, has no use except randomly destroying some crates for you.

Rhino Charge: Limited movement, deals no real dmg. Only thing it's good for is boosting your iron skin with iron clad charge.

Roar: It's fine, doesn't need anything imo.

Iron skin: Again, this one is fine and needs nothing imo.

Stomp: Has no real use except some CC, could do with either buffs or an overhaul. 

14 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Having played a lot of Rhino, my only complaints about his kit are that:
- Rhino Charge is purely horizontal and can't be aimed up/down at all
- Iron Skin requires an augment
- His passive, of course, is hot garbage

Aside from that, though, Rhino's kit is... well... perfect. He's a heavy all-rounder with an extremely simple, robust, and reliable kit. He has a nice variety of specialized builds at his disposal (tanking, damage-buffing, solo stealth, etc), which is a luxury that many other frames don't have.

I'm not joking about the stealth thing, by the way. Rhino is deceptively one of the best frames in the game for both Spy missions and stealthy Adaro runs (for weapon-leveling purposes).

Rather than asking people what's good about Rhino (because the answer is, well... everything), could you be a bit more specific about what you think is bad?

I’m talking more of his passives and the things you said with his animations and the way he moves with his abilities 

il y a 3 minutes, (XB1)Nero Dokaim a dit :

I’m not talking a rework I’m talking his most important thing is his passive 

I agree that your passive is useless.

But the rest of his kit is perfect. It is so perfect, that for Rhino to have passive or not, it would be irrelevant.

Edited by Awazx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I agree that your passive is useless.

But the rest of his kit is perfect. It is so perfect, that for Rhino to have passive or not, it would be irrelevant.

I would agree but imo I think a passive can make a frame feel different and special from the rest, just look at wukongs passive, being able to refill his health bar and gets a random op effect. I just think they should take his passive and add a better one for a new mechanic he can have or something that would make him interesting for new and old players but still keeping the simplicity of the frame 

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

how outdated his kit

Okay you lost me

eventhough he is like one of the oldest frames his kit is way far away from being useless. there are worse warframes than rhino that needs love

frost, banshee, zephyr, atlas, harrow, nyx, trinity, valkyr those needs rework

All rhino can get is prob a buff to his passive but thats it rest of his kit is good

5 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Okay you lost me

eventhough he is like one of the oldest frames his kit is way far away from being useless. there are worse warframes than rhino that needs love

All rhino can get is prob a buff to his passive but thats it rest of his kit is good

Most of those frames are fine or are good. You lost me there lol also what I meant by outdated kit I meant more his animations and sound

Edited by (XB1)Nero Dokaim
Editing to be a little clearer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

iron skin must work as nehza

Yes he cannot get some arcane buffs if he cannot be damaged. He's a well balanced frame. Why we see so many wanting tweeks on many frames is because running a tank frame was only useful in beginning star chart missions to not die right away. Now with frames that can kill the entire map you don't need any tank frame unless you want to go into 2-4 hour survivals. It was why Wukong got a rework not long ago. It just could not die period so the game became pointless with Wukong. They needed to make his kit better until last melee update reducing his exalted weapon but his twin is still awesome.

As there is still people using him, he wont get changed. But the top or lower frames used have a better chance at getting a rework.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

hace 16 minutos, 8faiNt dijo:

Okay you lost me

.... i think you put a bad examples maybe a rework can be good on these frames in my opinion on zephyr specially (my second favorite frame...) but they work properly and just need minor tweaks nobody say they dont need it but you put a really bad examples specyally with harrow... he is a beast on dmg captabilities and have a very good presence in teamplay, same for trinity, she have a poor 1 but is really good on her other skills, bandhe have a pathethic ehp.. yes but vazarin + qt help a loot and she is very strong on dmg captabilities for your team and had cc and hard strip armor on huge area + cc... what do you want ? 95% dr too ? no man.....

hace 11 minutos, Awazx dijo:

Then you will also agree with me that Rhino does not "need a serious look." Just a new passive.

😉

and a new animation on stomp is  hilarious and female see rhino put their foot like a woman to stomp xD, the change to use iron skin as nehza do it with her skill is a personal preference on my opinion just because i hate the "god mode" skills and for involved in game risks, or certain usses as arcanes or hunter adrenaline or their hp pool useles s because youre 24/7 on iron skill.... you know...

Edited by NSRKIRTAR

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

Most of those frames are fine or are good.

Frost and Harrow maybe, but the rest all have way more serious issues than Rhino
(who IMO is just fine and doesn't need to be made "more interesting" just because, sometimes simple and effective is good).

Just to name a few issues, on the Frames mentioned there:

Banshee is too squishy / a wasted slot when up against enemies immune to CC / her debuffs, also lol Silence + her Passive.

Zephyr's Tornado CC is unreliable and her "flight" is a joke compared to Titania or even Wukong now.

Atlas still has puny (unmoddable) range on his 1, his walls are utterly forgettable and the Augment is an insult.

Nyx is a decent (limited) debuffer now, but her CC was never fully reliable and Absorb ... yeah right.

Trinity still has horrendously short base durations that maybe made sense 6 years ago when she was just walking god mode.

Valkyr can survive and hit stuff good with Melee ... same as most other Frames, who also provide further functions.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

Most of those frames are fine or are good. You lost me there lol also what I meant by outdated kit I meant more his animations and sound

well thats not what you said on the thread you said that he has bad skills and such and you didnt talk about his s.effects etc.