Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino needs a serious look over

(XBOX)Nero Dokaim

2 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

well thats not what you said on the thread you said that he has bad skills and such and you didnt talk about his s.effects etc.

Is that better for you? I didn’t say he has bad skills, I said they were boring and no substance, taht could be fixed easy with a good passive that combos everything together and when I said outdated I was talking about sound and animations 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

Is that better for you? I didn’t say he has bad skills, I said they were boring and no substance, taht could be fixed easy with a good passive that combos everything together and when I said outdated I was talking about sound and animations 

you need to clarify what you are talking about then

1 hour ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

i agree and not; i think rhinos passive is very bad and look meh ingame on my opinion dont have any valuable place, her kit is really strong and good he have good cc a huge dmg buff and a insane survival, but in my opinion is bored play "in god mode" i main valkyr but i play rhino a lot too and i hate the "inmortal" states ingame as histeria, iron skin asimilate portatil bubble... vazarin dont killme never inmune + recover and their variations.... as somebody who have an high knowledge about the game in all content or mechanics i think iron skin must work as nehza do it; dmg red with their own value, to make you at least pay atention to your hp instead go 0 hp mods just with this change and a new passive and new stomp animation rhino was perfectly back in game for me

Cooooool story except rhino originated all those things you say other frames do all cool and stuff and also you might want to look what augments are and do because what you're suggesting rhino should can do rhino already does and has for years via augments.

This thread ranks up there with the Inaros threads that think he should be male saryn despite being the second most popular frame in the game as he is.

Pure quality.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

.... i think you put a bad examples maybe a rework can be good on these frames in my opinion on zephyr specially (my second favorite frame...) but they work properly and just need minor tweaks nobody say they dont need it but you put a really bad examples specyally with harrow... he is a beast on dmg captabilities and have a very good presence in teamplay, same for trinity, she have a poor 1 but is really good on her other skills, bandhe have a pathethic ehp.. yes but vazarin + qt help a loot and she is very strong on dmg captabilities for your team and had cc and hard strip armor on huge area + cc... what do you want ? 95% dr too ? no man.....

Frost literally just has 3 and 4 if you try so hard

Banshee, who even plays her now? equinox, saryn and mesa all other DPS frames making her obsolete she has literally one purpose and thats opening the riven that requires protecting a defence objective without enemies touching it

Zephyr needs overall rework abilities are not bad but not good either 

Atlas is straight up trash yeah sure ppl are playing him cuz he can punch and stuff but its the truth

Harrow isnt Not bad but not good either and unusable in a squad most of the time

Nyx is just trash

Trinity is pretty boring and this is coming from someone who plays trinity a lot in daily basis

Valkyr 2 & 4

IMO those are all of the warframes that needs rework currently

Edited by 8faiNt

3 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Cooooool story except rhino originated all those things you say other frames do all cool and stuff and also you might want to look what augments are and do because what you're suggesting rhino should can do rhino already does and has for years via augments.

This thread ranks up there with the Inaros threads that think he should be male saryn despite being the second most popular frame in the game as he is.

Pure quality.

I just wanted to say I don’t think he should be something he isn’t, I made the thread for a discussion about rhinos horrible passive and his unchanged sounds and animations aswell as maybe some ideas for quality ability tweaks from peeps

hace 3 minutos, -Kittens- dijo:

Pure quality.

i dont understand you, i just say rhino is good her passive is bad and in my personal preference i want see change her iron skill to work as nehza do it + a new animation on her stomp, you have problems with my opinions ? and if you have it; whos your problem with my opinion ?

Just now, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

I just wanted to say I don’t think he should be something he isn’t, I made the thread for a discussion about rhinos horrible passive and his unchanged sounds and animations aswell as maybe some ideas for quality ability tweaks from peeps

Perhaps you might want to clarify that in the OP then because aside from delineating his passive as junk, you have plainly failed to elucidate your intention clearly thus far.

Rhino is perfectly fine. His passive is not that great, but the rest of his kit still hold up very well. Rhino has 4 useful powers, and very good ones on top of that : a cheap mobility ability that doubles as soft CC, a very effective survivability ability, a team damage buff and one of the most versatile CC skills in the game. That's clearly enough.

His passive sure is useless. I think it would be cool and fitting if it would instead cause enemies to stumble when you run/jump/roll into them. It's still based around his movement affecting enemies, but at least it would be actually usable on demand.

When it comes to his kit, I'd add a short invulnerability period when his skin breaks(not when you destroy it by using the Shrapnel augment) and I'd also remove annoying ragdolls from his charge.

Aside from that I think Rhino is in a good spot. I'm not using the Tanker arcanes so I have to recast skin from time to time. Because of that I use all of his abilities actively and it works pretty well.

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Perhaps you might want to clarify that in the OP then because aside from delineating his passive as junk, you have plainly failed to elucidate your intention clearly thus far.

I actually edited it like 10 mins ago to be clearer but I’ll edit again again so you can not be so upset 

5 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

His passive sure is useless. I think it would be cool and fitting if it would instead cause enemies to stumble when you run/jump/roll into them. It's still based around his movement affecting enemies, but at least it would be actually usable on demand.

When it comes to his kit, I'd add a short invulnerability period when his skin breaks(not when you destroy it by using the Shrapnel augment) and I'd also remove annoying ragdolls from his charge.

Aside from that I think Rhino is in a good spot. I'm not using the Tanker arcanes so I have to recast skin from time to time. Because of that I use all of his abilities actively and it works pretty well.

Right I agree I’m not trying to say that he’s bad. I’m disputing that his passive, sounds and animations are alittle outdated his passive especially, imo passives are the backbones of most warframes and I think they should be like that

Edited by (XB1)Nero Dokaim

1 minute ago, (XB1)Nero Dokaim said:

Right I agree I’m not disputing that he’s bad. I’m disputing that his passive, sounds and animations are alittle outdated his passive especially, imo passives are the backbones of most warframes and I think they should be like that

Oh, I see. I cant really agree with that, since I like the heavy feeling and sounds of his kit, but I understand what you're getting at. Maybe you would get more fitting replies if you provided some examples, it's easier to change peoples minds when you get them to actually see what you're pointing at, so to speak.

His passive though, is just a copy of a gimmicky exilus mod - Heavy Impact, so yeah, it's low quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

Oh, I see. I cant really agree with that, since I like the heavy feeling and sounds of his kit, but I understand what you're getting at. Maybe you would get more fitting replies if you provided some examples, it's easier to change peoples minds when you get them to actually see what you're pointing at, so to speak.

His passive though, is just a copy of a gimmicky exilus mod - Heavy Impact, so yeah, it's low quality.

Oh I love the heavy sounds too I think they can just be better or made to sound a lot better 

hace 39 minutos, 8faiNt dijo:

Frost literally just has 3 and 4 if you try so hard

Banshee, who even plays her now? equinox, saryn and mesa all other DPS frames making her obsolete she has literally one purpose and thats opening the riven that requires protecting a defence objective without enemies touching it

Zephyr needs overall rework abilities are not bad but not good either 

Atlas is straight up trash yeah sure ppl are playing him cuz he can punch and stuff but its the truth

Harrow isnt Not bad but not good either and unusable in a squad most of the time

Nyx is just trash

Trinity is pretty boring and this is coming from someone who plays trinity a lot in daily basis

Valkyr 2 & 4

IMO those are all of the warframes that needs rework currently

Frost have a good kit maybe their 1st skill is the worst due to is slow projectile and monotarget, her 2 with augment is a very high CC her 3 is bad in endgame where you get more benefit from the invulnerable time and her 4 is very good skill frost is good just need tweaks for example do her 2 advance as nidus 1 (instead see that ugly ice spikes floating when you shoot on a stair)

Banshee; i play it, banshee dont have dmg on her skills have cc and multiplier and its SO FAR better than put on your ulti on on equinox of course not vs lv 20 enemies... but of course you dont have how to build him or play him clearly... go saryn and press 1 or shoot your peacemakers with mesa if you want "dps" nobody need "dps" when can ERASE with 1 shoot 😉

Zephyr; i agree with you maybe she need a new set of skills to sinergize between skills i cannot feel when i play it be woth on nothing more than a instant nuke with tornadoes augment and keep on my air bubble

Atlas; all her kit work properly, 1 hit so freaking  hard if you build him to punch, the stone wall can be used tons of times as extra barrier/block on gates, petrify; ❤️ so fkin good cc and your golems well... can be better its true, where is the trash ? in her native ehp ? on the stones sustain and extra armor ? on her huge cc with petryfy or in the retarded dmg for punch hard without sense ?

Harrow inusable in squads ? wtf... in squad you have an easier play on harrow less enemies hitting you more easy to keep your buffs on and the same gameplay; buffs keep on your timers and shoot on any head on your field of vision... your cc is always welcome

nyx is trash.... well.... ok... she need some tweaks but trash ? ill dude and i play nyx too

Valkyr...... 2 and 4.... wtf... she need a revision or update to adapt him to all this changes but a rework ? not more than a revision and a new 1 maybe, ill go to sleep man... ah i play Valkyr from the 1st day im still trying to understand how somebody can think; 2&4 and i cant understand how you ignore all those viable builds or effective uses on paralisys but ok 2&4... ill go to sleep

Edited by NSRKIRTAR

My take on this:

R. Charge is ok.

Iron Skin needs an augment just to be viable at higher levels. Instead of just adding damage done during invul. period, it should mult+add (affected by str) for scalability.

Roar is ok.

Stomp is ok.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Aside from that, I really wish Rhino Prime had slightly more energy so Stomp could be cast with Blind Rage without needing to add more capacity.

17 minutes ago, NSRKIRTAR said:

Frost have a good kit maybe their 1st skill is the worst due to is slow projectile and monotarget, her 2 with augment is a very high CC her 3 is bad in endgame where you get more benefit from the invulnerable time and her 4 is very good skill frost is good just need tweaks for example do her 2 advance as nidus 1 (instead see that ugly ice spikes floating when you shoot on a stair)

Banshee; i play it, banshee dont have dmg on her skills have cc and multiplier and its SO FAR better than put on your ulti on on equinox of course not vs lv 20 enemies... but of course you dont have how to build him or play him clearly... go saryn and press 1 or shoot your peacemakers with mesa if you want "dps" nobody need "dps" when can ERASE with 1 shoot 😉

Zephyr; i agree with you maybe she need a new set of skills to sinergize between skills i cannot feel when i play it be woth on nothing more than a instant nuke with tornadoes augment and keep on my air bubble

Atlas; all her kit work properly, 1 hit so freaki  hard if you build him to punch the stone wall can be tons of times a extra barrier/block on gates, petrify;<3 so fkin good cc and your golems well... can be better its true, where is the trash ? in her native ehp ? on the stones sustain and extra armor ? on her huge cc with petryfy or in the retarded dmg for punch hard without sense ?

Harrow inusable in squads ? wtf... in squad you have an easier play on harrow less enemies hitting you more easy to keep your buffs on and the same gameplay; buffs keep on your timers and shoot on any head on your field of vision... your cc is always welcome

nyx is trash.... well.... ok... she need some tweaks but trash ? ill dude and i play nyx too

Valkyr...... 2 and 4.... wtf... she need a revision or update to adapt him to all this changes but a rework ? not more than a revision and a new 1 maybe, ill go to sleep man... ah i play Valkyr from the 1st day im still trying to understand how somebody can think; 2&4 and i cant understand how you ignore all those viable builds or effective uses on paralisys but ok 2&4... ill go to sleep

Banshee Erase as being erased?

Atlas ''1 hit so freaki  hard'' not at all literally any melee hits harder than atlas

Harrow have you played him in a squad full of dps?

Take into account that not every frame I mentioned needs a complete overhaul but some needs buffs&tweaks to their skills

Edited by 8faiNt

Rhino is an early game frame that is endgame viable, he is fine as it is.

As for his passive, it's a relic of the first iteration of the passives system, where it's just a bunch of random exilus-level bonuses that don't really matter. Most new frames get a more involved passive that is fundamental to their playstyle. (Gauss, new Ember, Garuda, Hildryn, etc) So if there's any change to be made, it's for the passives of that entire group of frames.

27 minutes ago, gavkguid said:

My take on this:

R. Charge is ok.

Iron Skin needs an augment just to be viable at higher levels. Instead of just adding damage done during invul. period, it should mult+add (affected by str) for scalability.

Roar is ok.

Stomp is ok.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Aside from that, I really wish Rhino Prime had slightly more energy so Stomp could be cast with Blind Rage without needing to add more capacity.

His passive is the one in question, it’s terrible 

14 minutes ago, Fleuretty said:

Rhino is an early game frame that is endgame viable, he is fine as it is.

As for his passive, it's a relic of the first iteration of the passives system, where it's just a bunch of random exilus-level bonuses that don't really matter. Most new frames get a more involved passive that is fundamental to their playstyle. (Gauss, new Ember, Garuda, Hildryn, etc) So if there's any change to be made, it's for the passives of that entire group of frames.

Most of the first iterations already got a change in there passives rhino and a few others are the only ones

Harrow is only good in bad squad honestly. It's either a solo frame or a frame that carries bad DPS players. He is extremely dependants on his own kills and if there's a nuke with him he just can't keep up with his 2 and 3.

Rhino passive sure is bad. But compared to Titania who now spend 99.9% of her time in Razorwing (compared to previously 99.5 because she had to quit Razorwing to send her space kiddo and hack stuff) while her passive is centered on freaking bulletjumping, I'd say it's not really much of an issue.

Rhino overall is a very solid frame. His kit is very good. His 1 is meh but 2-3-4 are more than enough.

33 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Harrow is only good in bad squad honestly. It's either a solo frame or a frame that carries bad DPS players. He is extremely dependants on his own kills and if there's a nuke with him he just can't keep up with his 2 and 3.

Harrow is an end-game frame like Ash and Garuda.

He is very beneficial to the team in high level content when nukers stop one-shotting everything. And his active play style is perfect for this game. He's far better designed than Trinity, who also needs enemies for 3 of her abilities so it's the same issue with nukers until you get to high level content. Most players only care about her 4th so they ignore the blatant terrible design of her first two abilities.

il y a 23 minutes, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- a dit :

Harrow is an end-game frame like Ash and Garuda.

He is very beneficial to the team in high level content when nukers stop one-shotting everything. And his active play style is perfect for this game. He's far better designed than Trinity, who also needs enemies for 3 of her abilities so it's the same issue with nukers until you get to high level content. Most players only care about her 4th so they ignore the blatant terrible design of her first two abilities.

I have to agree but I rarely do play endgame stuff.

I love Harrow, I find him very fun to play and a very solid frame overall. Also it's IMO one of the only frame that can take a Sniper in a normal mission. Vectis Prime goes very well with him for example.

But since I don't play long endurance mission besides Arbitration - where I'd rather play a tank or stealth fighter than a CC due to those insanely stupid drones - I don't find a lot of use for Harrow overall.

Trinity is less dependant of enemies than Harrow tho. All you need is one target for her 2, and then spam 3 and 4 until you need to send another 2. I almost never use her 1.

Harrow likes clusters of enemies where he can send his 4, his 2 and his 1 to get back the shields. Then snipe heads.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

I don't think his skills need to be reworked except for his 2. I believe the augment mod for his 2 should be inherent and his armor should be able to be shed off without a specific mod for it.

If anything, the horrible VISUAL effect of his ferrite armor needs to be changed. It ruins his look entirely because it looks awful. I'm surpried DE hasn't smartened up with this, people have been asking it to be fixed for years now.

Edited by Morphball