Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gaxxian

About cephalon Cy

We are all talking about the new shinning railjacks, but something is wrong with the new shinning cephalon too.

I dont have any problem with him, but with how he is added into our games.

In specific, i have 3 problems about things that i find out of place.

First, he is a cephalon from the old war. He has memories about his old crew and all... except he is brand new. We researched him into OUR clan. We built him from scratch. It doesnt have any sense!

We need a new mission about us finding the cephalon data, and then rebuilding it! :S

Second, he has some lines like: "I didnt saw a Railjack from long time ago..." except... he was "destroyed?", "deactivated?". If he wasnt active until we [rebuild] build it, then for his own point of view, the old war could be ended yesterday. Its really strange :S That could be explained with a mission about us finding his rests, but... u know, that mission dont exist.

Third, the resources for building him doesnt have any sense... as in each resource description says:

Mutagen mass: this living mass can produce weaponized toxins for weaponry.

Detonite injector: are the basis for explosive and incendiary weapons.

Fieldron: ClanTech weaponized containment field to contain superheated substances.

Eh...

We are [rebuilding] building a cephalon or a mass destruction weapon? DE choose the materials to build it based on logic or just because they are hard to get?

To me, all these things remove any traces of inmersion that we could have with the Rising Tide mission 😞

Anybody else has problem with this or im alone?

Cephalons seem to keep some kind of sentience. That's likely they're in some sort of "coma" or "sleep" when they're "destroyed" (do we have a clear idea about Cy's past to know about his fate anyway ?), so maybe they still feel the time passing.

51 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

First, he is a cephalon from the old war. He has memories about his old crew and all... except he is brand new. We researched him into OUR clan. We built him from scratch. It doesnt have any sense!

All Cephalons are connected to this thing called the Weave, which essentially contains their actual mind and programming and all that. All we rebuilt was his physical form.

We deal with the Weave a little bit during Octavia's quest, but we don't know everything about it.