Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there ever be new Shooter Content?

LambachRuthven

Mining, Fishing, Archwing, Railjack ... Warframes don't matter doing these activities.

I was just returning to Warframe 2 months ago and was dead set on buying Ivara Prime to get some Platinum and get me some more slots. I have 3 ready to use build new warframes and about 6 new weapons in the fabricator. Point is ... why should I even bother to try them. I can do every Arbitration, Mission, Sortie, Elite Onslaught with the frames I already have and there is only 1 Sortie a day and PUGs leave Arbitratioon after 3-4 waves. There is no high level content availöable to play when I want to.  I like to find new frames even better suited for this or that task, but I have no shooter content waiting to be done after daily sortie done in 10 minutes.

What I should do is farm faction on Cetus and Venus, but that doesn't make fun and requires me to do Level 15-20 Bounties just do get these bonds or that lense. These bounties are just always the exact same, there is no variation whatsoever. Always doing the exact same thing at the exact same locations with zero variation.

Or I could play Empyrion, but that is an even more dull option. I play Warframe, not Mineframe, Firefighterframe, Archframe or Pilotframe. There is no war, nothing to do. I don't even want o fight my Liche, because it is so dull and anticlimatic to find all the murmurs and then try-and-error. Imagine an action film, where the hero has just to try and error up to 6 times, no chance to influence this with his skill.

With all new content added these past years I am asking myself if there will ever be new content relying on the shooter & parcours mechanic, weapons and frames. New Mission Types, new maps, the possibility to play missions at a level range we want, not being forced into easy content. Farming resources while playing the game and killing mobs, instead of an ultra boring mining-mini game, spending most of the time searching around, like in a scout game, not a war game. Arbitration is ok. The Sorties are fun. But we need more mission types, new maps, new enemies. Some new content that make trying out new frames, finding new niche weapons and frames for this or that mission type or modifier fun.

You are really great in designing 3D shooter content and gameplay that feels REALLY good. But your space content from archwing to emyprion feels terrible. It doesn't feel like space at all, it is cramped, feels like a place just a 3-4 times as big as a medium stadium, with enemies standing on each other toes. Flying in space feels more like sailing an ocean and the space battles are just like playing a really slow Moorhuhn game. You aren't even close to Wing Commander 1, it is just terrible and there are SO many better options out there for this kind of gameplay.

So my question is, will there ever be new WARFRAME content, maps and challenges where my warframe and weaponry is the main aspect of this content? Will we ever be able to set a difficulty level of our own choice to missions to make them interessting?

Right now it feels you are cluttering the Warframe experience with all these new minigames that don't even feel half as good as games with these themes (space battles, mining, etc.) at its core. 

Ya know, it's funny... I was running through a galleon earlier, shooting at enemies, one-shotting a commander with my Redeemer Prime, and I couldn't help but think... that I wish I was shooting bad guys instead of flying my ship.

Oh wait.

I was already shooting them.

What they've done is create a game that's more objective oriented and builds upon the pre-existing systems, instead of just having you playing through the same damn content we've had for over 6 years now.

38 minutes ago, LambachRuthven said:

I don't even want o fight my Liche, because it is so dull and anticlimatic to find all the murmurs and then try-and-error.

But I thought you wanted to just run through missions mindlessly shooting at hundreds of enemies.

why should I even bother to try them. I can do every Arbitration, Mission, Sortie, Elite Onslaught with the frames I already have and there is only 1 Sortie a day and PUGs leave Arbitratioon after 3-4 waves.

Why should you? Because you can, and it's fun to try new gear.

There is no high level content availöable to play when I want to.

And yet you complain that you don't want to farm lich content. You also complain about not being interested in... Arbitration, Sortie, Elite Onslaught... all high levels.
Do you enjoy high level content, or not?

Honestly, it sounds to me like you just burned out again.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

I understand and relate to your feelings, they are creating several mini games inside the game.

I liked the Liches but their decisions and ignoring community feedback ruined what could be a very good mode.

As for the Railjack there are so many things that need to be addressed but it's recent so we'll see.

Let's hope for New War I guess...

il y a 47 minutes, LambachRuthven a dit :

You are really great in designing 3D shooter content and gameplay that feels REALLY good. But your space content from archwing to emyprion feels terrible. It doesn't feel like space at all, it is cramped, feels like a place just a 3-4 times as big as a medium stadium, with enemies standing on each other toes. Flying in space feels more like sailing an ocean and the space battles are just like playing a really slow Moorhuhn game. You aren't even close to Wing Commander 1, it is just terrible and there are SO many better options out there for this kind of gameplay.

I think DE got bored of designing the Warframe we know and decided halfway through, to turn it into a kind of space simulator.

And what we have now is neither a space simulator, nor a shooter, nor an open world nor ... anything. It is a strange mix of isolated systems and content, with its own rules, resources and game systems.

In other words: it's as if DE had no idea what Waframe is. Empyrean is your recent mistake and it doesn't seem like they will change.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I think DE got bored of designing the Warframe we know and decided halfway through, to turn it into a kind of space simulator.

Not exactly. Empyrean is what Warframe was originally supposed to be, conceptually speaking. This has always been the plan.

https://www.pcgamer.com/15-years-later-warframe-is-finally-close-to-realizing-its-original-vision/

Mogamu touched on this:

Spoiler

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Awazx said:

And what we have now is neither a space simulator, nor a shooter, nor an open world nor ... anything. It is a strange mix of isolated systems and content, with its own rules, resources and game systems.

In other words: it's as if DE had no idea what Waframe is. Empyrean is your recent mistake and it doesn't seem like they will change.

This is what I feel exactly. And I'm not sure the player base is big enough to keep all the different modes filled...

Empyrean is, in part.

There are already segments of missions which are almost entirely ground combat for those engaging in them (galleon/asteroid bases come to mind as the big ones), and the current Skirmish gamemode is just the 'default' game mode - somewhat like Exterminate or Sabotage in 'classic' gameplay. A great deal of modification is possible

DE have outright described Empyrean's current implementation as a foundation, indicating they want to polish and bugfix all the core mechanics before they jump into major expansion. Some of which may have a lot more focus on 'boots on the ground' gameplay either as a primary part of the gameplay, or in the form of a much more in-depth away team system, such as the New War and the Sentients, or squad link.

il y a 5 minutes, DrakeWurrum a dit :

Not exactly. Empyrean is what Warframe was originally supposed to be, conceptually speaking. This has always been the plan.

https://www.pcgamer.com/15-years-later-warframe-is-finally-close-to-realizing-its-original-vision/

Mogamu touched on this:

Révéler le contenu masqué

I didn't know the "original plan." Now I analyze it from the business perspective and ... it's a bad business decision.

This is a lousy way to manage a project. You simply cannot build a whole community of thousands (or millions) of players around a Shooter, and halfway, decide that you are going to turn it into a space simulator (or anything else).

Also, how are you managing DE this "transition" period? Because while DE (and Steve) build their original dream, we have the Warframe core abandoned to its fate, with all or almost all the features implemented halfway, unfinished or flawed, from syndicates to the focus system. Everything, absolutely everything, feels half finished.

How many more years must DE dedicate to finishing Waframe as Space-battelship-simulator-frame?

• Like 1

vor 34 Minuten schrieb DrakeWurrum:

And yet you complain that you don't want to farm lich content. You also complain about not being interested in... Arbitration, Sortie, Elite Onslaught... all high levels.

Its fine if this is high level for you, for other people all this is low level, just to be clear.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Awazx:

THIS

PLAYERS: Archwing is my favorite gamemode in Warframe - no Warframe player ever said.

DE: Hey, lets make our biggest update all about Archwing.

6 hours ago, Danyelius said:

Its fine if this is high level for you, for other people all this is low level, just to be clear.

My point is that DE considers it high level, and they have never once supported content above level 120. Endurance runs may exist, but the only people who do it are people who want to experience that. There's no incentive or reward to doing it.

6 hours ago, Awazx said:

I didn't know the "original plan." Now I analyze it from the business perspective and ... it's a bad business decision.

This is a lousy way to manage a project. You simply cannot build a whole community of thousands (or millions) of players around a Shooter, and halfway, decide that you are going to turn it into a space simulator (or anything else).

Also, how are you managing DE this "transition" period? Because while DE (and Steve) build their original dream, we have the Warframe core abandoned to its fate, with all or almost all the features implemented halfway, unfinished or flawed, from syndicates to the focus system. Everything, absolutely everything, feels half finished.

How many more years must DE dedicate to finishing Waframe as Space-battelship-simulator-frame?

First off, it's an expansion to an existing game that adds on additional content to what the game previously had. It built on it by adding more instead of just sticking to the same old formula for the sake of making money. Speaking with other people in-game, Railjack is a huge hit, and it's only the people here on the forums or Reddit who are salty as #*!% about it.

Secondly, the core game of Warframe was not "abandoned to its fate" - have you even played Railjack? You're not exclusively using the ship. There's content where you're running through a small level like any other mission on the Starchart and have to carry out objectives. You can even get rare weapon BPs this way.
They could expand on it and improve on it, and there's plenty of features that need a bit of TLC from the devs (my personal beef is Companions right now), but the core game has never and will never be abandoned.

Just admit that you don't like change and stubbornly only want to play 3 hour endurance runs and leave it at that.

• Like 2

As I said I enjoy the 15 minutes of Sortie a day or a night of Eidolon hunt and an Arbitration here and there. Problem is, there is only one Sortie a day and Arbitration only supports endless mission types which aren't my favorites and rely heaavy on other people not leaving. I would like incentives to use new warframes, more niches for more reason to have an even greater variety of weapons and warframes in my arsenal. The combination of enviromental hazards and differentn mission types was a good idea, I would like more of that. Combined missions like a spy and capture, new maps with new meachanics and some new gamemodes. The ability to start any mission as a level 60+ (100+) mission would also be a good idea.

I like space/air combat, but Railjack is very bad space combat that doesn't feel like space at all. But at the foremost I love shooter gameplay and my question was if any new elements will be added to this or not. The shooter elements in railjack missions are exactly the same we already have in other parts of the game.

This isn't about liking change or not (a presposterous argument).

On 2019-12-16 at 1:24 PM, LambachRuthven said:

I have 3 ready to use build new warframes and about 6 new weapons in the fabricator. Point is ... why should I even bother to try them. I can do every Arbitration, Mission, Sortie, Elite Onslaught with the frames I already have and there is only 1 Sortie a day and PUGs leave Arbitratioon after 3-4 waves.

While I realise this isn't your point, but - that's not what new Warframes and weapons are for. Other than finding something which better fits your playstyle, expecting every new item you earn to be stronger than the previous one is folly. Not only is that almost never the case, it really SHOULDN'T be the case because that way lies power creep. Warframe already has massive issues in this regard. Part of the reason you're blasting through Sorties is precisely because DE keep trying to top their previous guns and Warframes with new releases, so you end up with items which straight-up break the game's balance. MR aside, the point of seeking out Ivara Prime should be that you like Ivara and want a new version of it. It's why I tracked down Frost Prime despite already having Frost, it's why I bought Rhino Prime despite already having Rhino. It's also why I haven't bothered looking for a Bronco Prime until very recently, 2000+ hours in - because I didn't like the original Bronco.

2 hours ago, LambachRuthven said:

I like space/air combat, but Railjack is very bad space combat that doesn't feel like space at all. But at the foremost I love shooter gameplay and my question was if any new elements will be added to this or not. The shooter elements in railjack missions are exactly the same we already have in other parts of the game.

Value aside (I personally like the space combat element), I believe Railjack is intended to tie together all of the ground elements. If you've ever gotten a Galleon Assault PoI, you'll note that Railjack is mostly capable of doing damn-near full ground missions as it is - that interior map is HUGE! Granted, most Points of Interest aren't quite as large, but I have to ask - do they really need to be? You've played Warframe, you've seen how people act: rush past all the enemies, do a simple objective, rush back out, repeat. Most people seem to prefer shorter missions with simpler objectives done in rapid succession. Well, Railjack allows you to have multiple small instances within the same map. Granted, right now the focus is on the ship and the space combat, but the eventual goal - near as I can tell - is for it to replace your Landing Craft entirely.

And I get it, you like the ground combat and don't like the space combat, fair enough. But I personally feel that a seamless mix of both (or as seamless as Warframe's codebase can support via teleportation, model scaling and off-site instances) is a good direction to hold. It's the same reason why Assassin's Creed: Black Flag remains one of the best games in the series, simply for the ability to seamlessly shift from ship to shore back to ship and explore the world at your own pace. For me, constantly going back to my Orbiter and switching from mission to mission with only a loading screen for transition largely undermines the illusion. Being able to go from ship to space to interior and back again, then seamlessly warp to another major location just "feels" a lot more real.

Besides, Railjack finally gives us a real reason to engage in proper Archwing combat. For as much as people hate these things, I've always thought their central issue was lack of content. They were only really useful in 9 nodes in the entire game, only about three of which were worth playing. They were somewhat useful on open-world maps, but only for transportation due to AA missiles. FINALLY Railjack gives us a meaningful reason to use our Archwings, even if the initial content release is pretty basic. If DE can actually pull off the integrated gameplay loop they've been talking about, I definitely feel that this would be an improvement to the overall experience. Yes, even if it's not JUST grinding dungeons.

• Like 4

On 2019-12-16 at 12:24 PM, LambachRuthven said:

So my question is, will there ever be new WARFRAME content, maps and challenges where my warframe and weaponry is the main aspect of this content? Will we ever be able to set a difficulty level of our own choice to missions to make them interessting?

Have you tried getting a Lich and levelling them up by failing at killing them? Enemy levels are Sortie tier when they max, and on normal nodes. So that's a start. Now we just need to convince the devs to let us level them even higher, past 5.

On 2019-12-16 at 12:59 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

Who are you trying to kid here, that's not high level these days.

Edited by Kontrollo

On 2019-12-16 at 7:26 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

Mogamu touched on this:

Reveal hidden contents

I respect that this was Steve's vision for the game, and where they wanted it to go, but sometimes you have file things under "projects I wish had worked out." I've had tons of those in my work - it's just how work goes. 

I mean, I think Railjack is fun enough, but it's a hard turn onto a dirt road for the game. Now, I think that the existing content was getting super stale, no matter what new plays on mission types they were coming up with (e.g., Disruption being a high-speed Mobile Defense), but I am as-yet-unconvinced that Railjack will be the savior they're hoping for. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

33 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I respect that this was Steve's vision for the game, and where they wanted it to go, but sometimes you have file things under "projects I wish had worked out." I've had tons of those in my work - it's just how work goes. 

I mean, I think Railjack is fun enough, but it's a hard turn onto a dirt road for the game. Now, I think that the existing content was getting super stale, no matter what new plays on mission types they were coming up with (e.g., Disruption being a high-speed Mobile Defense), but I am as-yet-unconvinced that Railjack will be the savior they're hoping for. 

I don't think they're looking for a savior. They're looking to evolve the game to the next level, that's all. I don't feel like this is at all as big a departure as y'all are making it out to be. Except for playing with the ship components itself, and actually using the ship cannons, a lot of what we are doing is stuff we've been doing for years, just all shoved together into one mission map and running at a Gauss pace, with new enemies and in a fully 3D environment with multiple maps WITHIN the map. (e.g. Killing the Galleon commander being it's own mini-mission separate from the rest of the mission)

Even the objectives are familiar. Rather than slaughtering an odd 150ish enemies, we clear out specific ones and complete a specific objective that's random on the map (instead of each node being a specific objective), and seems to be pulled from other mission types we already have. Sabotage and Assassination mostly, it feels like.

I think it's just such a huge leap forward that people weren't expecting that y'all are experiencing the built-in human resistance to change telling you to pump the brakes.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It could be if it's properly integrated. Right now, it just isn't. In fact, right now Railjack is exactly what I feared it would be - its own game mode with a handful of redundant nodes entirely segregated from the rest of the game, offering progression only for itself and not capable of being progressed through other means. This is what sunk Archwings in the first place. For me personally, I don't think Railjack will truly be worth the cost of investment until/unless it can be integrated in regular Instanced missions. I've said this before, but imagine we could start a regular Spy mission from the Railjack, take that to the space around a Grineer fleet, park it in a nearby nebula and shut down the engines. Then we Archwing towards one of three Grineer Galleons, each with a single Spy vault on board, and maybe a fourth one for additional loot if we want to take the time and risk. We could even have a bit of space stealth gameplay, avoiding sweeping sensors and pulsing sensors and swinging around to approach enemy ships from a blind spot in their defences, picking our own entry gate and our own exit. If we did well, we Archwing out, board the Railjack and slink away. If we raised too many alarms, fighters and frigates warp in, forcing us into a dogfight until we can jump out.

More than "just a big ship with guns," the Railjack could be the seemingly seamless link between mission nodes, our mobile base that we can take from mission to mission without having to go through cutaway loading screens or return to the Orbiter. Of course, that would require some more amenities in the Railjack, such as a Tenno chair and a copy of the Orbiter consoles, but this is doable. Hopefully that's where DE are going with it, but I don't know at this point.

@DrakeWurrum I'm gonna have to say that "Gauss pace" is a little overstated, given how sedate Railjack missions generally are. I mean, a lot is happening, but most of it is moving in pretty slow motion except for the poor engineer.

Regarding the "departure" argument - the ship is the big departure. Technically speaking, it's completely unnecessary to achieving these missions, except as a bus to the mission location itself. They wanted a big ship we fly, so that's what we have - but it didn't have to be that way. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

12 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It could be if it's properly integrated. Right now, it just isn't. In fact, right now Railjack is exactly what I feared it would be - its own game mode with a handful of redundant nodes entirely segregated from the rest of the game, offering progression only for itself and not capable of being progressed through other means. This is what sunk Archwings in the first place. For me personally, I don't think Railjack will truly be worth the cost of investment until/unless it can be integrated in regular Instanced missions. I've said this before, but imagine we could start a regular Spy mission from the Railjack, take that to the space around a Grineer fleet, park it in a nearby nebula and shut down the engines. Then we Archwing towards one of three Grineer Galleons, each with a single Spy vault on board, and maybe a fourth one for additional loot if we want to take the time and risk. We could even have a bit of space stealth gameplay, avoiding sweeping sensors and pulsing sensors and swinging around to approach enemy ships from a blind spot in their defences, picking our own entry gate and our own exit. If we did well, we Archwing out, board the Railjack and slink away. If we raised too many alarms, fighters and frigates warp in, forcing us into a dogfight until we can jump out.

More than "just a big ship with guns," the Railjack could be the seemingly seamless link between mission nodes, our mobile base that we can take from mission to mission without having to go through cutaway loading screens or return to the Orbiter. Of course, that would require some more amenities in the Railjack, such as a Tenno chair and a copy of the Orbiter consoles, but this is doable. Hopefully that's where DE are going with it, but I don't know at this point.

What you're asking for, though, is such a huge improvement to what's in the game right now that it's like if they re-built Warframe from the ground up.

I think the current update is a good step forward toward those goals, but if all you care about is reaching that ideal paradise, then... I dunno what to tell ya. I'm just gonna enjoy the journey, for now.

Also, what killed Archwing was a lack of content to support it. It's only had, what... 5 mission nodes? 7? Total? In the YEARS since it came out? When was the last time we got a new Archwing? When was the last time Archwing was even TOUCHED before they suddenly added Archgun Rivens and changed up Blink?

Railjack looks to have way more already, plus plans laid out to continue supporting it, and heavily includes the Archwing in a way that leaves me with hope they'll finally make something of it. We know they have plans for modular Archwings (i.e. Zaw-wings).

8 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

@DrakeWurrum I'm gonna have to say that "Gauss pace" is a little overstated, given how sedate Railjack missions generally are. I mean, a lot is happening, but most of it is moving in pretty slow motion except for the poor engineer.

Regarding the "departure" argument - the ship is the big departure. Technically speaking, it's completely unnecessary to achieving these missions, except as a bus to the mission location itself. They wanted a big ship we fly, so that's what we have - but it didn't have to be that way. 

That depends on your crew. If y'all insist on treating the ship as a bus and just use Archwings alone, then... okay. You do you.

I like a crew that will actually use the turrets, the slingshot, the artillery, the special abilities. I especially am enjoying the Battle ability I picked up... fires I think 44 missiles at once, and I still have one more level on that Grid to push it further.

That's what makes Railjack fun for me.

Admittedly, as I go further on, the missions feel slower because I'm getting used to them, but there's still a lot going on. That's all I mean by Gauss pace (why in the name of all that is holy did they re-introduce the Stamina bar for our ships?!). I look forward to seeing that turned up even higher, if it even does, once they start adding more locations to the map. I remember they had a LOT more on their planned star chart for Railjack at Tennocon.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

What you're asking for, though, is such a huge improvement to what's in the game right now that it's like if they re-built Warframe from the ground up. I think the current update is a good step forward toward those goals, but if all you care about is reaching that ideal paradise, then... I dunno what to tell ya. I'm just gonna enjoy the journey, for now.

Well, I'm not saying that Railjack is terrible without this integration. I still enjoy the game mode - or would if it would stop softlocking me. I just feel that it can't stay this segregated if DE want people to keep actively using it, is all. Their stated goal is to tie together the Open Worlds at the very least, and the rest is my assertion.

With that said, however... I don't think what I'm proposing is entirely outlandish. Yes, leading from a Railjack mission into a classic mission won't happen, but you COULD have classic missions put INTO Railjack missions. This has the benefit of not forcing players into Railjack content since it allows instances to be accessed traditionally via Landing Craft. However, hosting large, expansive indoor sections into Railjack points of interest has precedent, in that this is precisely how the Galleon PoI works. Its interior isn't just a few rooms. It's the size of a standard mission, although not towards the largest possible maps. It also hosts a standard mission objective - Assassination. Go in, go through a full map, find the Assassination Target, kill them, go to extraction. Except in this case you enter the mission from space and you extract back into space.

there may be technical limitations with hosting multiple points of interest, however, and I say this only because I've never seen more than one at a time. Could be RNG, could be something more. There's also the limitation of tilesets which take part on planet surfaces - Earth, Mars, Venus, Ceres, Europa, etc. For those, in-atmosphere combat would be needed and we'll likely have to suspend disbelief about how we transition from a simple terrain map to a ground mission. That might take some doing, so I'll expect atmospheric Railjack missions to become a thing before those tilesets can be explored. Jupiter could work as space, though, since that technically has no ground to worry about and could easily use floating rigs as points of interest.

Obviously this is not something I expect to happen in the short term, but I hope it's something that COULD happen eventually.

9 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Also, what killed Archwing was a lack of content to support it. It's only had, what... 5 mission nodes? 7? Total? In the YEARS since it came out? When was the last time we got a new Archwing? When was the last time Archwing was even TOUCHED before they suddenly added Archgun Rivens and changed up Blink? Railjack looks to have way more already, plus plans laid out to continue supporting it. We know they have plans for modular Archwings (i.e. Zaw-wings).

That too. In the nearly two years I've been with the game, Archwings have had 9 nodes, 4 actual Archwings and a small handful of weapons, with all of ONE (now two as of VERY recently) new weapons added. I hope and pray that the same doesn't happen to Railjack. I hope and pray that we end up getting more tilesets and missions, more nodes and locations, etc. The player numbers WILL tank significantly - they already have. This much is unavoidable. I hope DE don't scale back development on the system for lack of interest like they did with Archings. And Lunaro.

29 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

That depends on your crew. If y'all insist on treating the ship as a bus and just use Archwings alone, then... okay. You do you.

I like a crew that will actually use the turrets, the slingshot, the artillery, the special abilities. I especially am enjoying the Battle ability I picked up... fires I think 44 missiles at once, and I still have one more level on that Grid to push it further.

That's what makes Railjack fun for me.

Admittedly, as I go further on, the missions feel slower because I'm getting used to them, but there's still a lot going on. That's all I mean by Gauss pace (why in the name of all that is holy did they re-introduce the Stamina bar for our ships?!). I look forward to seeing that turned up even higher, if it even does, once they start adding more locations to the map. I remember they had a LOT more on their planned star chart for Railjack at Tennocon.

No, you misunderstand the point about the bus - I use my ship (archwing is double-plus unfun in Railjack except when you use yourself as a projectile and get that superhero landing in a crew ship; that is admittedly the coolest entrance you EVER get in Warframe). I prefer not to leave the Railjack.

However, my point was that we could have always been doing these mixed/blended objective-based missions, and in space even. Railjack wasn't the moment where some dev said "guys I just had an amazing idea about missions."

A Railjack mission (thus far*) involves three things: shooting down small ships, boarding/blowing up big ships, and invading space-bases to engage in traditional Warframe murder sprees. None of that was gated behind the creation of a large ship for the Tenno to fly. The Railjack serves two purposes: one, it shoots down fighters, and two, it's effectively a Disruption tileset--run from point to point to repair/protect stuff before it causes mission failure.

The ship is ironically the least critical part of the whole Railjack expansion.

* I haven't progressed past Saturn, but I certainly hope there aren't Railjack interceptions and Railjack survivals and silly things like that to come. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe