Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Buy The Founder's Pack On Steam?

Zachles

Question

Last night, I've had difficulty buying the Founder's package. My credit card was continuously declined, and so as a result, Ultimate Pay has locked my account from being able to make any purchase attempts for fourty-eight hours.

I was suggested by someone that I should try to pay for it on Steam, but the only thing I see that I can buy is a Warframe: Starter Pack, Warframe: Tenno Pack and Warframe: Gift Pack. Do I have to buy it via the Steam version of Warframe? I don't usually use the Steam version, since I'd rather use the retail, simply a matter of preference. Will this even matter?

16 answers to this question

You cannot buy Founders with steam unless Warframe uses steam as its client.

Once you DO download Warframe via Steam, you can perform all your transactions through there.

If you want to buy founders through steam, simply go to the warframe founders page on the website, then select an option.

If you have warframe downloaded through steam, it will take you to the steam login site, where you can continue the transaction.

Edited by EganMC

You cannot buy Founders with steam unless Warframe uses steam as its client.

Once you DO download Warframe via Steam, you can perform all your transactions through there.

Well, right now, I am downloading Warframe through Steam. I've been downloading for about ten minutes and it's at around 12%.

Did you make your warframe account through steam? Or through the website itself? If you did it through steam you should be able to, if you made it through the website I dont think you can use steam for founders.

I made my account on the Warframe website. Again, out of preference, I'd rather just use the retail version instead of Steam's version. I was wondering whether or not I'd be able to use my Warframe account on the Steam Warframe version or not.

Doing this is just a means to get around the Ultimate Pay processing. I'm looking for any alternative I can find.

Edited by zachles

Well, right now, I am downloading Warframe through Steam. I've been downloading for about ten minutes and it's at around 12%.

I made my account on the Warframe website. Again, out of preference, I'd rather just use the retail version instead of Steam's version. I was wondering whether or not I'd be able to use my Warframe account on the Steam Warframe version or not.

You can use your website account through steam after installing it.

Ive been playing the game since before it was steam and as such I cannot buy founders with steam wallet, only through the other options it gives me. Such as paypal (which is how I got hunters level). I do believe that if you made your account through steam to start playing the game then you can not buy founders through steam wallet.

If you downloaded the client from Steam, you can only buy using Steam wallet.

If you downloaded via website, you can buy using lots of other means (I don't know what they are, since I'm a Steam user).

If you downloaded via website but then connected it to Steam, last I checked you can't get Founders at all - I don't know if they ever fixed this or not.

If you downloaded via website, you can buy using lots of other means (I don't know what they are, since I'm a Steam user).

If you downloaded via website but then connected it to Steam, last I checked you can't get Founders at all - I don't know if they ever fixed this or not.

I find this hard to believe, seeing as you're a Master and stuff.

You can use your website account through steam after installing it.

Ive been playing the game since before it was steam and as such I cannot buy founders with steam wallet, only through the other options it gives me. Such as paypal (which is how I got hunters level). I do believe that if you made your account through steam to start playing the game then you can not buy founders through steam wallet.

Well, unfortunately, Paypal kicks it back for whatever reason.

Ugh, this is so unbelievably frustrating and unfair!

This is true except the last one. After connecting it to steam you can still buy founders through paypal and other uses (thats how I got mine). You can use steam wallet to buy normal plat packs however.

This is true except the last one. After connecting it to steam you can still buy founders through paypal and other uses (thats how I got mine). You can use steam wallet to buy normal plat packs however.

Well, it all comes down to whether or not this Ultimate Pay crap is processing these payments. I just tried Paypal again after making sure my address, credit card number, et cetera were correct and there were no discreteness, but it still rejected the payment.

I wouldn't care so much if it were just any regular ol' thing of Platinum, but I'm really sweating about the Founder's program, because it's stopping come the first of November.

check your card provider and see if your card havent been block for all those declined transactions

No, I've contacted my bank. They said everything was fine, and that they couldn't think of any reason as to why my card was being declined. I know for sure that the card works because I had to pay to get my windshield fixed today.

then that is some weird stuff if your bank is not the problem neither the card ._.

I don't know exactly what was going on with my money last night that my card was getting declined, but I'm sure suffering for it now. I'm only $99.99 away from getting the last four Warframes I need from completing the whole set, except for Frost Prime, and for once I actually have money I can throw away.

I don't know exactly what was going on with my money last night that my card was getting declined, but I'm sure suffering for it now. I'm only $99.99 away from getting the last four Warframes I need from completing the whole set, except for Frost Prime, and for once I actually have money I can throw away.

Relax, you still have a full month before the founder program ends.