Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Left/RIght bank-roll buttons useless?

KranDeLoy

Why have the Bank Left or Right buttons if you place an immediate and hard auto-correction-to-'horizon' as soon as we let go? 

Doesn't help that the correct doesn't actually line up with the planet in the background.. at least not in Earth's orbit...   Looks amazing, but needing to ignore the background to stay orientated distracting and winds up a bit of a detraction of the whole experience

Seen a few topics blend into this general topic already, but they're mostly more general in terms of flight/space-sim controls, I'm just trying to focus on the how hard the auto correction is more than how disagreeable I find the lack of apparent horizon to orientate on...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KranDeLoy said:

as soon as we let go? 

Err, I haven't seen that yet. I've only seen that happen if I start turning.

It's not an auto-correct to some imaginary horizon, it's a way of moving the ship when you turn to make movement feel realistic. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to fly upside down like I've been doing.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I think what DE tried to implement is some form of gyrostabilizer (that is the name right?), it just happens to not be a thing for space where there is no actual up, down or any real horizon. I wouldnt mind seeing it removed because it is really annoying for a space "sim". The last time I've played a game that actually used such a thing I think it was BF4 and the games prior to that, and they only used it on helicopters and not planes.

• Like 1

Yar, gryostablizer is a good term for whats going on.  And it happens even if I just sit in the pilot seat not touching anything else 'cept letting go of the roll button (Bank left or right).

It can be necessary for flight and even space stuff in a game cause the Devs may want for whatever reason to keep things an a fairly strict up and down style.  Like if you have people turning a lot and the game engine likes to spin them around and you can't figure out how to keep that from happening except to anchor everything whatever you have designated as down...

In which case why have the keybinds to manually roll at all if you can't keep it there?

Best solution would be to keep the anchor, but let the Bank Left/Right buttons adjust where they want the anchor to pull them to.  Like if I roll 90 degrees to one direction my up-down is now the original left right.  Any non-banking-keypresses will realign (gryostablize) myself back to the angle that *I* choose.  That'd be rad to be able to do that on the fly without having to be technical about it for us players.

Thing is I read in other threads that touch on this topic, DE has never actually been able to implement that 'best solution' I just laid out. THey had Archwing for a loooong time compared to Railjack and they still havn't been able to make that kind of flight system.  So, again, why even have it available?  :grumpY:

Edited by KranDeLoy