Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - Catalysts And Reactor Bps In Void

globdom

I've been playing warframe for quite a long time and I always build a better weapon with each mastery. The problem is, my original terrible weapons are, "Potatoed" and my new excellent weapons such as the flux rifle and ogirs are not... I believe that there should be an easier way of getting orokin catalysts and reactors without platinum and having to wait however long for an alert. Maybe there could be BPs for them in the void like formas.

Thanks,

-globdom

my idea for this would be able to sell 30 potatoed weapons for 5 plat

it would cost 4 weapons each with a potato on it to get a potato for your newest toy but I would gladly sell many of mine to get it.

A very small partial refund for platinum bought items or things containing platinum bought items would be cool but I have no delusions it'll happen.

All I want to see is for weapons and frames to be used as optional ingredients to their Prime counterparts, and allow Catalysts and Reactors to pass on through. This will only work with the select few weapons that have a Prime counterpart in the first place, and Forma will not carry over (due to possible conflicts with the Forma of the upgraded counterparts).

Dude get real! That won't ever happen. 

DE makes money from people that buy plat because they need Reactors and Catalysts. U have two options, buy plat or just wait for the react. and cat. alerts on livestream days. Xix.... people still don't get this!?

Edited by Bazools

I didn't know you get something from watching the livestreams. How does the process work? You watch the livestream then they give you a potatoe?

no...after the live steam, they release a potatoes alert...

watch steam just gonna give u a SMALL chance get 1000 platinum 

No. They're one of this game's top sources of income, and we get them for free from livestreams anyways.

With all the pretty cosmetics I see running around in random missions, and the myriad examples of why potatoes are mispriced (have you ever bought a forma from the market?), I find it hard to believe that making them slightly easier to acquire in-game would break the bank for DE. The game doesn't tell you that livestreams are the best way to get potatoes; you have to find that information from a third party or by conveniently running into the information on forums.

And what happens if livestreams become less frequent, or stop altogether? New players that join after such a time will be at a severe disadvantage with such an integral part of building your load out. Potatoes are eventually going to become pay to win on a F2P game.

There's some question about just how much it would affect DE's bottom line.  I think it's safe to say that a fair number of people who bought platinum did it for potatoes, understanding that it's that or deal with them being rare.  Change how rare they are now, and not only are those people going to be at least a tiddly bit miffed, but everyone is going to make note that "Rare things don't stay rare" and that will drive people off from buying platinum for those rare things.  That's not going to help DE's bottom line.

At any rate,they're also in the random alerts.  The reality is that if you're going to get your entertainment totally for free, have to expect a little inconvenience, and that's the waiting.

There's some question about just how much it would affect DE's bottom line.  I think it's safe to say that a fair number of people who bought platinum did it for potatoes, understanding that it's that or deal with them being rare.  Change how rare they are now, and not only are those people going to be at least a tiddly bit miffed, but everyone is going to make note that "Rare things don't stay rare" and that will drive people off from buying platinum for those rare things.  That's not going to help DE's bottom line.

At any rate,they're also in the random alerts.  The reality is that if you're going to get your entertainment totally for free, have to expect a little inconvenience, and that's the waiting.

You're saying that people who previously paid for potatoes are going to be bitter if their future potatoes are easier to obtain? It takes a great deal of spite to have that mindset, and this is coming from somebody who has bought a few. People buy potatoes because they feel a need to do better from a mechanics perspective, which is pay-to-play. The sheer infrequency of alerts/daily logins that give something valuable is the only reason I did it. I will probably at some point buy something cosmetic, and that is what I would like to spend my money on, if anything.