Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If any frame needs a rework right now it's Atlas and you all know it

Morphball

OP I think you have mistaken Atlas for Hydroid. Compared to each other, Atlas is golden compared to the sad puddle pirate.

On 2019-12-16 at 6:34 PM, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

These frames are fine...

I don't know how you can think Hydroid is fine. He's the worst frame in the game at the moment.

This is how i want to play atlas, a more earthy-themed frame.

Atlas passive: 

for each enemy around atlas in a 10m radius, atlas gains 1% lifesteal on weapons, max 3% in total.

Atlas abilities:

1 Magnetic field: cost 25

Atlas pulls every enemy around him toward him. for every enemy pulled, he gains 50 armor. Upon using Eruption, atlas loses this armor and the amount get reset.

2 Geiser: cost 50

when activating this ability, atlas does a small 2m radial attack that knocks enemies into the air, with a geiser animation and a viral proc. the area stays in place for 5 seconds.

3 Eruption:  (atlas gains a red glowing aura) cost 75

when using this ability, atlas cuts his maximum armor in half and gains bonus attack power by that same amount. this attack has a duration of 7 seconds, so with duration mods it can only be increased to 10-15 seconds. (atlas becomes viable in disruption mode).  After the 7 seconds, the armor amount returns to its base state without any buffs from Magnetic field.

4 Earthquake: cost 100

Atlas slams the ground and creates his Rumblers, like before. 

i think this has synergy in the kit, his 1 and 2 work good together and 3 making him temporary damage dealer, for versatility. Then we have his 4 which was already good and now stays the same. he is a tank, so doesnt buff or heal teammates, but with his 1 he can now offer something useful in a squad. 

for me, this would be fun to play. 

about the current atlas: his 1 scales of melee, but why use a melee in the first place then, we already have one equipped so dont need this ability. his 2 where are u going to place this wall? his 3 costs wayy to much and that augment is just awkward to farm with. his 4 is in a good state, as said above. 

22 hours ago, justin0620 said:

We don't need more augment, we need augment mods effect to integrate into the ability itself. We only have 10 mod slot and we shouldn't waste one on the augment, unless it is very powerful.

Exactly, I never understood this notion of "we need more mods to take up space in order to make one ability closer to what it should."  Mod space is so precious for those underpowered frames and people think that what we need is more stuff to put into the spaces that we don't have. 

I get it they can add variety but fir frames like Atlas you need all that space for everything else.

22 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

OP I think you have mistaken Atlas for Hydroid. Compared to each other, Atlas is golden compared to the sad puddle pirate.

I don't know how you can think Hydroid is fine. He's the worst frame in the game at the moment.

Everyone always says "Xframe is the worst Frame in the game at the moment" and literally every time I see this the answer's different.

I'm gonna disagree. 

If you don't mind a newb opinion on Atlas and some of his abilities:

LANDSLIDE:

I really like the idea of his Landslide having its own set of mods a lot via using an exalted unarmed weapon. Of all changes this ability could receive I think this is the most important one.

It would be neat if it target could weak spots on bosses like Eidolons, Hek, Lephantis, etc. which are normally impractical to use melee against (unless some bosses are designed to require ranged weapons, which I would dislike but that's another topic).

Let it flow into standard melee better by letting it be cancelled into melee attacks earlier (but doing so brings Atlas out of Landslide's invulnerability).

TECTONICS:

Maybe let us hold down 2 to increase the wall's size in exchange for cast time/energy cost? And the rolling boulder would scale in size/damage appropriately.

RUMBLERS:

Personal preference, but I would like to be able to hold 4 down until he hits the ground to replace the Rumblers with some kind of non-summoning effect. E.g. something like the Teralyst's ground punch, where multiple shockwaves travel outward from Atlas, home in on enemies, then return to Atlas carrying rubble for every enemy hit.

The augment for this ability could (apart from combining the two Rumblers into a single large one) allow multiple shockwaves to home in on a single enemy (the max number per enemy determined by augment rank).

3 hours ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

Everyone always says "Xframe is the worst Frame in the game at the moment" and literally every time I see this the answer's different.

I'm gonna disagree. 

That gets thrown around a lot due to hyperbole. Hydroid however is a different case. He was introduced in 2014. Six whole years ago and he has had no mjaor changes, unlike other frames. The game was very different back then.

His powers are very old and were built around the tight corridor environment that the game mainly consisted of back in the day. Subsequently they really show their age and uselessness in the new content. Hydroid's powers are also incredibly boring and you will not find anyone championing him in his current state at all. The only reason he is not simply abandoned by the community is because he has a loot augment. That is it. Hydroid is the true worst frame in the game at the moment.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That gets thrown around a lot due to hyperbole. Hydroid however is a different case. He was introduced in 2014. Six whole years ago and he has had no mjaor changes, unlike other frames. The game was very different back then.

His powers are very old and were built around the tight corridor environment that the game mainly consisted of back in the day. Subsequently they really show their age and uselessness in the new content. Hydroid's powers are also incredibly boring and you will not find anyone championing him in his current state at all. The only reason he is not simply abandoned by the community is because he has a loot augment. That is it. Hydroid is the true worst frame in the game at the moment.

I woefully disagree with that. i strongly disagree him being the worst by far.

• Like 1

I disagree with this a lot.  Even his 2 and 4 have their uses.  Atlas is a great pick for disruption since he can block the demolysts path. He can also trap defense operators and protect consoles. His 2 isn't the best thing in the game but its far from useless. His 4 is incredibly underrated too. Being able to recast to stunt his armor loss is useful or even being able to fuel it if you have the extra energy (which you likely will). It's also good to cast when surrounded since his 3 is a cone. 

1 and 3 are both really good.  Dont know why someone is talking badly about his passive either. With steel fiber and a maxed rubble he can get close to 90% damage reduction just from armor alone.

The only changes I would ever really want for him would be to give landslide it's own spot in the load out that also affects rumblers  and to make it so the damage of his 2 as a ball scales with the HP of the wall. Which would give him a consistent scaling attack outside of landslide. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-12-19 at 2:46 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Did you somehow miss the major rework that happened like 2 years ago lol?

On 2019-12-18 at 5:18 AM, sticky_shoes said:

Atlas passive: 

for each enemy around atlas in a 10m radius, atlas gains 1% lifesteal on weapons, max 3% in total.

Atlas abilities:

Atlas pulls every enemy around him toward him. for every enemy pulled, he gains 50 armor. Upon using Eruption, atlas loses this armor and the amount get reset.

when activating this ability, atlas does a small 2m radial attack that knocks enemies into the air, with a geiser animation and a viral proc. the area stays in place for 5 seconds.

when using this ability, atlas cuts his maximum armor in half and gains bonus attack power by that same amount. this attack has a duration of 7 seconds, so with duration mods it can only be increased to 10-15 seconds. (atlas becomes viable in disruption mode).  After the 7 seconds, the armor amount returns to its base state without any buffs from Magnetic field.

i think this has synergy in the kit, his 1 and 2 work good together and 3 making him temporary damage dealer, for versatility. Then we have his 4 which was already good and now stays the same. he is a tank, so doesnt buff or heal teammates, but with his 1 he can now offer something useful in a squad. 

about the current atlas: his 1 scales of melee, but why use a melee in the first place then, we already have one equipped so dont need this ability. his 2 where are u going to place this wall? his 3 costs wayy to much and that augment is just awkward to farm with. his 4 is in a good state, as said above. 

I'm quite liberal with rework attemps but this is not a rework this is a new frame with the same name.

As far as OP is concerned ,

Atlas is not the wrost frame in the game but I don't think he is in a great spot either. Quite sad that he got ridiculous stat buffs on his prime instead of the proper rework he needed. I did a pitch for a rework a while ago the boiled down to

Land slide- fine but if you want to buff it either add a inate shatering impact effect or buff status and crit.

Tectonics- no longer recasrable. Casting landslide on the wall will send the bolder dealing landslide damage.

Petrify - cost reduction

Rumblers- buff to HP and rumblers cast landslide whenever atlas cast landslide.

Atlas is B tier atm, and thats because while he has two great abilities (landslide and petrify) be has 2 equally meh abilities (hell, tectonics is flat out horrible UNLESS you use the augment to cheese the index) but his biggest issue is a sense of purpose. 

Atlas (especially prime) is one tanky ass boi that can deal a S#&$ ton of damage, but to build him, you have to make concessions other frames dont have to make. Again, tectonics needs to change. Just outright. It sucks. It should at least scale with range, but it needs more. Synergy with his 1 maybe, a bunch of ideas I see thrown around include making it like a quiver/mindlayer ability where you can choose rock formations you want to build, like a wall, a support pillar and maybe a slotting rumblers into that group, allowing him to have a new 4. 

Atlas certainly isnt the worse frame, and he isnt really bad either. But, he can feel tough to play due to his passive rubble decay, he is very energy hungry due to petrify being an ability you must spam while also being 75 energy base, and his rumblers (if they are to stay his 4) need to have their duration removed and let them operate like wukong clones. 

On 2019-12-18 at 3:18 AM, sticky_shoes said:

Atlas passive: 

Atlas abilities:

This...this is a joke right. This isnt just an atlas rework/revisit, its a straight up different frame...

14 hours ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

Did you somehow miss the major rework that happened like 2 years ago lol?

By "major rework" you mean that awful update that came out of nowhere coincidentally before Hydroid Prime's release where they just tweaked all his abilities to focus around his puddle and added a few charge mechanics to already rubbish abilities? No I didn't miss that.

That just doesn't count as a proper rework. It addressed none of his core issues. If anything it made him worse.

On 2019-12-16 at 4:54 PM, waterboytkd said:

Kind of off topic, but I'd like to see the "Garuda-form Exalted Weapon" used for most any frame that has an ability that either a) references the mods on an equipped weapon, at which point they only reference the mods on the exalted weapon, or b) any frame that summons an exalted weapon, at which point the ability is just a buff for your equipped melee weapon, or the exalted weapon if you don't have one equipped. 

I could really get behind that. Or at least do so with Khora, Gara, and Atlas so we have somewhere to put the mods corresponding to their abilities that isn't nerfing the corresponding melee by building it for the ability instead of the weapon, and also preventing leveraging high disposition rivens as a side benefit.

Edited by CopperBezel

Atlas' problem is more that Tectonics is useless and Petrify is too expensive despite how important it is to his passive (which decays WAY too fast).

A full rework isn't quite what I'd say he needs, more a revisit and a new ability to replace tectonics, I dunno, maybe something like an ACTUAL EARTHQUAKE?

As somebody else said, there are plenty of frames that need actual meaningful reworks before Atlas, namely Hydroid, Nekros and Nyx, all of which are used only for loot or Absorb unga-bunga gameplay respectively.

Old frames like Loki are also in need of touch-ups too, but people get really defensive about Loki for whatever reason.

On 2019-12-20 at 4:13 AM, NuclearCoffeePot said:

You forgot Titania 😞

Titania, like nekros, zephyr, trin and hydro are by no means bad (titania needs a bugfix to use new new AW model for 4 and passive work on AW dodge again and probably a replacement effect for lanter/make lantern actually do something useful to core game loop like how tribute was converted into the razorfly generation she lacked, zeph 4 better control, nekros a lifesteal/life on hit passive and un-nerf to his 2 augment, trins well of life better implemented and hydro also needs a more reliable/integrated passive). Nyx however needs some love.

Только что, Andele3025 сказал:
Titania, like nekros, zephyr, trin and hydro are by no means bad (titania needs a bugfix to use new new AW model for 4 and passive work on AW dodge again and probably a replacement effect for lanter/make lantern actually do something useful to core game loop like how tribute was converted into the razorfly generation she lacked, zeph 4 better control, nekros a lifesteal/life on hit passive and un-nerf to his 2 augment, trins well of life better implemented and hydro also needs a more reliable/integrated passive). Nyx however needs some love.

No. Just give Titania a normal rework of all abilities, because the abilities have bad mechanics. Titania has already received trash "rework" and we all know that the usual ability improvements do nothing. 

And the tribute is not a good means to restore razorfly. In fact, it didn't change anything, because I still recast razorwing to get a minimum of 6 razorfly, because it's much more efficient both in time and energy. This is another argument why the Titania set needs normal rework, not just improvements to this chaos of abilities.

Atlas is a statstick right now. He has godly stats and unimpressive cumbersome abilities and augments. 

Decrease energy costs across the board or let rubble refill energy

Make landslide a proper exalted so you can use actual melee weapons with him instead of statsticks (we don't have to be able to use the weapon as melee we just a better way to mod it) 

Fix path of statues so it shows its trail again and make it work/synergize with ore gaze. 

Make tectonics larger, change its appearance to a geode (Rocky outer edge see through colour tinted crystal), let us shoot through tectonics. make tectonics roll in the direction the player is facing not the direction it was cast. When it's destroyed (death or boulder) drop some rubble 

Allow petrified angle to be modified by range or increase it to a 170 degree angle. Speed up the animation so you can petrify enemies before your allies kill them. Make ore gaze 50%-100% drop chance unnafected by strength. 

Give rumblers a modified wuclone ai. Remove duration, use rumblers health instead. 

His 4th skill is pretty much useless, and not iconic enough, so DE shouldn't bother in keeping it. I think a Earthquake like Rhino would be perfect, but then again, Rhino already have it so I dunno. In the end I just wish his rubble passive thing could work properly, sometime I don't get armor at all. 

14 minutes ago, Dunha said:

His 4th skill is pretty much useless, and not iconic enough, so DE shouldn't bother in keeping it. I think a Earthquake like Rhino would be perfect, but then again, Rhino already have it so I dunno. In the end I just wish his rubble passive thing could work properly, sometime I don't get armor at all. 

Could be something like Eidolons' homing shockwaves instead (the ones that are released when an Eidolon punches the ground) which can spread out to stagger multiple weaker enemies or converge on a single target for raw damage

On 2019-12-16 at 9:08 AM, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Atlas "works", he does his "job", but he can't go any further than that. There is little room for playing around his other 2 abilities, since you are forced to spam Petrify to make use of your passive (that is also not that great).

Compared to Zephyr, who has only 1 good ability and 1 that is somewhat ok when it works, Atlas is on a OK spot, but I think some buff to his numbers and some basic synergy changes should do the trick for him, nothing major.

Problem is Atlas doesn't have a job. Even Zephyr has more roles, due to having an infinite bullet sponge, large AOE crate smashing comparable to Limbo, and increasd DPS against crowds through tornado damage mechanics.

Meanwhile, Atlas is useful as an anime meme and being a worse Limbo/Gara/Khora for Nightwave Index challenges.

Edited by Zectico