Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

How do I get out of the lich system?


dennisjac
 Share

Question

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Defeat your current Lich, don't stab any other larvlings until you feel ready. Sadly there's no opt out way yet. That's DE's way of forcing players to play content in a certain way, while not fully explaining what said content entails. Which leads to situations like yours.

One tip in case you can't tackle this Lich. Try and find out what your 3 requiem relics are. Then find someone who'll help you kill the Lich. Find out the correct order and stab it for good. Best luck anyhow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Sadly there's no opt out way yet

Yeah, I was confused when I crafted the Lich trading post in my base. I could've sworn they mentioned being able "donate" an active Lich to the clan as well for others to take up if they want it. Did that part never end up happening?

It seems there's various consoles in that room, so I'm hoping that part is still coming soon unless there's something I'm missing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You can't, but as long as they're unleveled, you can pretty much ignore them. Lvl 1 liches never spread out of their starting planet and steal barely anything.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
38 minutes ago, dennisjac said:

Apparently this is only for high level players and I have no chance of getting all the bits to actually kill the lich. How do I "reset" the lich stuff so I no longer have to deal with it until i'm ready?

You can't, but you can simply not run Lich mission nodes... The game does let you choose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Yeah, I was confused when I crafted the Lich trading post in my base. I could've sworn they mentioned being able "donate" an active Lich to the clan as well for others to take up if they want it. Did that part never end up happening?

It seems there's various consoles in that room, so I'm hoping that part is still coming soon unless there's something I'm missing.

You need to defeat the lich first and convert to do this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You need to defeat the lich first and convert to do this

Originally it was stated you'd be able to donate the active lich. In fact, I recall them using an example along the lines of your clanmate "taking up their contract".

You're able to donate a converted lich without specifically trading it though? I have like a dozen converted ones, I'd like to toss a few. Hehe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Originally it was stated you'd be able to donate the active lich. In fact, I recall them using an example along the lines of your clanmate "taking up their contract".

You're able to donate a converted lich without specifically trading it though? I have like a dozen converted ones, I'd like to toss a few. Hehe

I understand that view, unfortunately planning and then implementing the idea are different things. Donating a lich at large was discussed but not implemented at moment. That might come at later date.

When railjack command intrinsic comes they may add converted liches to that system/clan Donation

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

DE did mention that they might introduce a way to remove your current active litch (i you don't want it). However don't hold your breath might never be done. 

The advice above is best, either ignore it and continue your progress through the star chart or join 'murmur' farming groups to help progress through it (which is a great way to get the relics needed for the mods too).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
23 hours ago, Pr1A said:

You can't, but as long as they're unleveled, you can pretty much ignore them. Lvl 1 liches never spread out of their starting planet and steal barely anything.

Too late. I tried to kill the lich (which obviously failed) and was unaware that this would actually lead to the spreading. I have to say it's not particularly good game design to lock players into game modes without warning them about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

 

hace 20 minutos, dennisjac dijo:

Too late. I tried to kill the lich (which obviously failed) and was unaware that this would actually lead to the spreading. I have to say it's not particularly good game design to lock players into game modes without warning them about this.

Now i guess get some people to help you kill him (farm the requiems and murmurs) and just don't use the parazon for larvling until you feel ready. The system still needs some work, so it might not be that hard to find people willing to help you. And good luck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2019-12-16 at 1:16 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Defeat your current Lich, don't stab any other larvlings until you feel ready. Sadly there's no opt out way yet. That's DE's way of forcing players to play content in a certain way, while not fully explaining what said content entails. Which leads to situations like yours.

One tip in case you can't tackle this Lich. Try and find out what your 3 requiem relics are. Then find someone who'll help you kill the Lich. Find out the correct order and stab it for good. Best luck anyhow.

The lich system was very well explained on various twitch streams, and by various youtube creators if you don't have time to watch the streams. It's also all laid out in the patch notes. You can opt out by not killing the larvaling. Everything is there for you, you just have to take 5 min to read the information provided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, dennisjac said:

Too late. I tried to kill the lich (which obviously failed) and was unaware that this would actually lead to the spreading. I have to say it's not particularly good game design to lock players into game modes without warning them about this.

Please see my above comment. I'm not trying to be toxic, but really the info is all there for everyone. In several different formations to boot. Not sure what exactly you guys would like the devs to do to make this easier. Though if you have any constructive suggestions, there is a section for that here on on the forums. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

The lich system was very well explained on various twitch streams, and by various youtube creators if you don't have time to watch the streams. It's also all laid out in the patch notes. You can opt out by not killing the larvaling. Everything is there for you, you just have to take 5 min to read the information provided.

If it's not plain clear inside the game to newbies to fully grasp forget calling it "plain clear". Wiki, forums, content creators and other such external sources are not a sure fire way to avoid these situations as most players aren't aware of them or avoid them. 

DE is many good things, but c!ear and informative is not always one of them.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

If it's not plain clear inside the game to newbies to fully grasp forget calling it "plain clear". Wiki, forums, content creators and other such external sources are not a sure fire way to avoid these situations as most players aren't aware of them or avoid them.

The patch notes are available every time you log into the game. They are right there at the end of the tabs. Every..... single.... major.....update......

And if players are avoiding said information on purpose, then it is their fault they don't know, not DE's.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be toxic. I just really don't understand how much hand holding is needed in cases like this? I mean, are you looking for a quest that walks you thru every new mechanic? To me personally that sounds way more annoying. Reading patch notes these days is pretty common on most games. I really didn't think that was "hidden" or "unknown".

As a matter of fact, the "news" section right in your orbiter tells you a new update has been made, and all you have to do is click the link to be taken to the patch thread here of the forums.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

The patch notes are available every time you log into the game. They are right there at the end of the tabs. Every..... single.... major.....update......

And if players are avoiding said information on purpose, then it is their fault they don't know, not DE's.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be toxic. I just really don't understand how much hand holding is needed in cases like this? I mean, are you looking for a quest that walks you thru every new mechanic? To me personally that sounds way more annoying. Reading patch notes these days is pretty common on most games. I really didn't think that was "hidden" or "unknown".

As a matter of fact, the "news" section right in your orbiter tells you a new update has been made, and all you have to do is click the link to be taken to the patch thread here of the forums.

What I'm trying to say is not that the info is not there. I'm saying that DE is not clear about it, specially on their own notes. Many times I end up finding out about certain stuff from content creators that was not plain clear from DE, or because they didn't even mention anything about it.

On the effort part I do agree. It really isn't hard to get the bulk of it by just searching a bit. And this game has so much information to it that while not ideal I really don't see a better solution than to rely on outside sources, and players still have to understant and accept that. It's the untold details that kill the experience, that get players by surprise. A not very pleasant surprise in most cases. Specially for new players who aren't used to having most info from outside the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

What I'm trying to say is not that the info is not there. I'm saying that DE is not clear about it, specially on their own notes. Many times I end up finding out about certain stuff from content creators that was not plain clear from DE, or because they didn't even mention anything about it.

On the effort part I do agree. It really isn't hard to get the bulk of it by just searching a bit. And this game has so much information to it that while not ideal I really don't see a better solution than to rely on outside sources, and players still have to understant and accept that. It's the untold details that kill the experience, that get players by surprise. A not very pleasant surprise in most cases. Specially for new players who aren't used to having most info from outside the game.

Ok, now that I can understand to some extent. I do remember being new myself, being in a very inactive and frankly cruddy clan, and having to find everything on my own. I jokingly say I learned the game from wiki and my own experimentation. Now I make sure my clan has any and all information they might need, to the point that I have written guides on many things just for the new members of the clan who are new to the game.

It does not help the new players learn when mechanics change as well. I still have to turn to good 'ol Youtube sometimes to understand some more in deth concepts like true damage and optimized builds.

Its all the moving parts of this game that keep me invested, but I can see that it might be way to much for some players to really get a handle on. No everyone is the same in how they learn. I do hope this thread will help get the word out that there are many resources out there for new players to get information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...