Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my grief about being a terrible host, and how i yearn to be able op out of being one


Toppien
 Share

Recommended Posts

now first of all, yeah i already put my network configuration on "laptop" but the game keeps thinking is good idea to make me host, having to suffer every damn time people complaining they have 1000ms of lag.

i cant host

i use a connection with only 10Mbps/s of download speed and only 1Mbp/s of upload speed, and i obviously don't have optic fiber cuz where i live there's no such commodity (google stadia being so naive on the same aspect thinking everyone has optic fiber connection)

and im tired of the same bs every time i try to join a game where some times i am the one having 1000ms of lag or even on a host migration where someone has a better connection than mine i ended up as a host just because my pc can handle the processing, and then everyone throws sht at me saying i have bad connection, that im poor or something...

and to make things worst empyrean came out (the game mode itself is really good, im having a blast, when im not the host) and if you want to use your railjack, guess what, you are stuck being the damn host

why cant we have a clear option in the settings that lets you opt out entirely from being host? i know what you are going to say "go solo duh" but i want to play with other people without diminishing the experience for everyone, not being completely a loner (tho i like to solo most of the content for the challenge)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe one day they will include such a feature into Warframe. This is not the fist time this request (from both host and non-host players) has been made. 

However you need to know: Unless the idea itself does not get a scandalous amount of attention here and on Reddit they wont change a thing. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

and to make things worst empyrean came out (the game mode itself is really good, im having a blast, when im not the host) and if you want to use your railjack, guess what, you are stuck being the damn host

Weellll s#!*.

I have a really poor internet connection as well, and so I rely on other people's internet, so unless they change this, it looks like I won't ever get to use my Railjack. And for that matter, is there even a reason for me to build one or participate in any future Railjack oriented content? No, there isn't. From what I'm hearing, playing Railjack isn't a very mandatory thing right now, but that could change with the Tau system. Well sure, I could play solo, but the solo play aspect isn't what kept me playing Warframe in the first place.

I think this a major oversight, maybe a better alternative would be to let players vote on whose ship to use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 1 hora, Toppien dijo:

now first of all, yeah i already put my network configuration on "laptop" but the game keeps thinking is good idea to make me host, having to suffer every damn time people complaining they have 1000ms of lag.

i cant host

i use a connection with only 10Mbps/s of download speed and only 1Mbp/s of upload speed, and i obviously don't have optic fiber cuz where i live there's no such commodity (google stadia being so naive on the same aspect thinking everyone has optic fiber connection)

and im tired of the same bs every time i try to join a game where some times i am the one having 1000ms of lag or even on a host migration where someone has a better connection than mine i ended up as a host just because my pc can handle the processing, and then everyone throws sht at me saying i have bad connection, that im poor or something...

and to make things worst empyrean came out (the game mode itself is really good, im having a blast, when im not the host) and if you want to use your railjack, guess what, you are stuck being the damn host

why cant we have a clear option in the settings that lets you opt out entirely from being host? i know what you are going to say "go solo duh" but i want to play with other people without diminishing the experience for everyone, not being completely a loner (tho i like to solo most of the content for the challenge)

Connection "Mbps/s" has almost nothing to do with your ability to host or lag (i used to have a 6 mb conection and now i am using 100 and the ping its exactly the same ) .... the game barely use some kbs of transfer ... the problem usually is in the route or distance .

"why cant we have a clear option in the settings that lets you opt out entirely from being host?"

And if all the players use that option ? we destroy any kind of matchmaking to help you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Connection "Mbps/s" has almost nothing to do with your ability to host or lag (i used to have a 6 mb conection and now i am using 100 and the ping its exactly the same ) .... the game barely use some kbs of transfer ... the problem usually is in the route or distance .

"why cant we have a clear option in the settings that lets you opt out entirely from being host?"

And if all the players use that option ? we destroy any kind of matchmaking to help you ?

idk if you are aware, but while there's many cases of people complaining about the hosting, is not going to break the game, for starters when people connect to bad hosts, the game is still broken as fk, so why taking them out of the equation is going to destroy the matchmaking? if anything is going to make the matchmaking faster and the experience for players more enjoyable

people who would op out of it are only going to be people like me, the rest wouldn't even care, unless people complain to them

Edited by Toppien
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you wireless. You said laptop. If you're wireless thats gonna be a ping amplifier. If you can, try a wired connection.  If not, then yeah. 

Alternatively what you can in fact do, is go to options : gameplay and set your ping limit to "no limit"  

This will join you to public missions regardless of your ping to the host. Thats your best option right now. 

Youll be the one with lag but at least you wont be host. As for joining a mission but the host being forced into your ship instead of their own, thats not happening probably. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

Are you wireless. You said laptop. If you're wireless thats gonna be a ping amplifier. If you can, try a wired connection.  If not, then yeah. 

Alternatively what you can in fact do, is go to options : gameplay and set your ping limit to "no limit"  

This will join you to public missions regardless of your ping to the host. Thats your best option right now. 

Youll be the one with lag but at least you wont be host. As for joining a mission but the host being forced into your ship instead of their own, thats not happening probably. 

first of all ,i said i already configured the settings on "laptop" cuz that's the name DE put to supposedly the low priority hosting, which doesn't work for sht, im using a PC tower with wired connection.

second of all, wtf are u talking about, im not asking for half.assed solutions here, this is a problem that its been going for a long time because people constantly keep brushing it off with this bs suggestions that don't bring a real solution to the problem at hand

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Toppien said:

i obviously don't have optic fiber cuz where i live there's no such commodity

I have a fiber optic connection and let me assure you that it doesn't matter how high your Mbps goes. The real value lies in how low your latency and jitter your internet connection have. These values goes to crap the farther you are from the host. I live in a remote asian island and whenever I join a squad, it's always above 250ms.

Last time I played word of warcraft, the server was in the US but my latency was around 100-125ms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

I have a fiber optic connection and let me assure you that it doesn't matter how high your Mbps goes. The real value lies in how low your latency and jitter your internet connection have. These values goes to crap the farther you are from the host. I live in a remote asian island and whenever I join a squad, it's always above 250ms.

Last time I played word of warcraft, the server was in the US but my latency was around 100-125ms.

and that presents another problem, people from different regions are being paired with people who live on the other side of the world, sure it may be the principal reason now that i think about it but the problem is still there, whatever the reason, some people just cant host, so they either make a better matchmaking system or they give us, the players the ability to opt out from being bad hosts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toppien said:

first of all ,i said i already configured the settings on "laptop" cuz that's the name DE put to supposedly the low priority hosting, which doesn't work for sht, im using a PC tower with wired connection.

second of all, wtf are u talking about, im not asking for half.assed solutions here, this is a problem that its been going for a long time because people constantly keep brushing it off with this bs suggestions that don't bring a real solution to the problem at hand

You said opt out of hosting,  that's the closest thing we have at the moment.  Don't know who pissed in your clem flakes this morning but despite your ungrateful and abrasive tone,  you're welcome.  

 

Edited by PookieNumnums
Or you could get a better computer or internet. Or move to a country with better internet. Or deal with it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 14 horas, Toppien dijo:

idk if you are aware, but while there's many cases of people complaining about the hosting, is not going to break the game, for starters when people connect to bad hosts, the game is still broken as fk, so why taking them out of the equation is going to destroy the matchmaking? if anything is going to make the matchmaking faster and the experience for players more enjoyable

people who would op out of it are only going to be people like me, the rest wouldn't even care, unless people complain to them

I have a decent conection without any problem and i would use that option because i prefer not to host ... so a lot other people would do that .... you cannot "predict" what people is going to do , if all (or a mayority) choose that option you will have absolute no way to make the matchmaking works ... its common sense , you can not let the viability of an entire game system (and a really important one) to the player choice O.o .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...