Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Ui: Rushing And Claiming Need Differentiation

Hypevosa

I was wondering if I'm the only person who's accidentally rushed a build, and if anyone else thinks we need a slightly better system for this?

I just accidentally rushed 2 pieces of equipment that were minutes away from finishing for a whopping 75 plat (3 forma/potatoes down the drain D:) all because I had about 12 or so items that were completed, and in the mess of nearly every one being done I missed when I clicked 2 that had not been finished.  (before it's suggested, I did send a report about it).

I was thinking this could be prevented in one of a few ways.

1.  Allow us to select an option to disallow rushing:  This is something I know a number of us would never spend plat on, I'd not mind completely disallowing it except where I clearly wanted it by navigating menus to reselect the option.

2.  Give a completed builds screen where all completed items go:  This way you separate "I want to rush build this" from "I want to claim this."  The disadvantage being not having those items all immediately visible.

3.  Put ready to claim items all at the top of the foundry page:  This is probably the best option - it clearly sorts things, you don't have to navigate to another screen, etc.

4.  Having different colors for builds to be claimed vs builds to be rushed (such as a Blue background on items to be claimed) would also help differentiate alot and prevent mistakes.

Some kind of system to stop accidental rushing would be a kindness - I'm hesitant to get any more platinum while it's so easy to waste it (though I'm now paranoid about what I have remaining).

A collect all and/or rush all button would be a nice addition as well.

3.  Put ready to claim items all at the top of the foundry page:  This is probably the best option - it clearly sorts things, you don't have to navigate to another screen, etc.

A collect all and/or rush all button would be a nice addition as well.

I think this is where the "Completed" tab, which is the third or fourth from the left, comes in to play. You don't have anything that isn't completed listed here, so no misclicks.

Collect/rush all would be nice, but would need warnings. But, some (or a lot of?) people tend to use the Foundry as a storage, so I don't know how much that option would be viable.

1.  Allow us to select an option to disallow rushing:  This is something I know a number of us would never spend plat on, I'd not mind completely disallowing it except where I clearly wanted it by navigating menus to reselect the option.

preferences to turn off rushing can't hurt. 

i don't want the organization to be forced upon me, since that's less organized in my mind. when i'm looking in the Foundry, i want items in each category listen Alphabetically. period. nothing else. ever. 

ever. 

gotta give people choices. if someone wants different sorting, great. but everyone else doesn't necessarily.

edit:

I think this is where the "Completed" tab, which is the third or fourth from the left, comes in to play. You don't have anything that isn't completed listed here, so no misclicks.

i'm pretty sure that tab is 'In Progress'. which usually contains completed items, but not always.

Edited by taiiat

Collect/rush all would be nice, but would need warnings. But, some (or a lot of?) people tend to use the Foundry as a storage, so I don't know how much that option would be viable.

There is a "ready to build" tab, does that contain completed items or just items you have the materials to make?

I think you should just be careful and read.

Plus the progress bar is very obvious indicator, how can you miss that.

it was my mistake, it was, but it was very easily made due to the volume of things I had building.  I'm simply advocating something a little more clear and perferrably concise for dealing with just collecting items that are ready for collection.

i'm pretty sure that tab is 'In Progress'. which usually contains completed items, but not always.

There is a "ready to build" tab, does that contain completed items or just items you have the materials to make?

Oh oops, taiiat is right. I was thinking of the second tab, "In Progress." I thought it was completed only, usually whenever I check everything is done and I've not been playing much for a few days so my memory was a little foggy.

"Ready to Build" doesn't show completed BPs as far as I know. I guess it would be nice if "In Progress" could be sorted to be alphabetical or completed items ordered first and building items second.

Edited by Aramet

It's funny isn't it, on the trivial stuff, we get an "are you sure Y/N" option, surely also get one when rushing a build and spending plat....hmm or do we, because I've never tried to rush anything?

Edited by DaveC

It's funny isn't it, on the trivial stuff, we get an "are you sure Y/N" option, surely also get one when rushing a build and spending plat....hmm or do we, because I've never tried to rush anything?

you get a confirmation screen, but if you hit spacebar by accident before you register it's not the "Item added to inventory!" screen, then you end up a sad panda like me.  I just wanted to not spend 10 minutes clicking through all those confirmation screens, so I was hitting the spacebar instead, and I paid for my efficiency lol

Oh oops, taiiat is right. I was thinking of the second tab, "In Progress." I thought it was completed only, usually whenever I check everything is done and I've not been playing much for a few days so my memory was a little foggy.

"Ready to Build" doesn't show completed BPs as far as I know. I guess it would be nice if "In Progress" could be sorted to be alphabetical or completed items ordered first and building items second.

it was my mistake, it was, but it was very easily made due to the volume of things I had building.  I'm simply advocating something a little more clear and perferrably concise for dealing with just collecting items that are ready for collection.

Interestingly these two comments illustrate the issue. They assumed that the in progress bar was the completed bar because of the volume of items being complete. Now you throw one incomplete item in the mix (which isn't sorted at the top or bottom but kept in alphabetically I believe) and it's easy to hit Claim>Spacebar 8 times in a row and realize that item 9 was Rush>Spacebar too late. 

At least in the immediate future would be to simply change the color of the Rush button. Make it red or gold or anything to visually differentiate it to reduce the incidence of this happening.