Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you get through railwing, i mean archjack, i mean ..

PookieNumnums

Hey hi helo,

How are you guys fairing in the archwing portion of your rail jack experience? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Are you just rushing to crew ships and bases? Are you floating invis with itzal? Are you avoiding it completely? 

I like archwing, and here are some tips for you. The methods by which i have felt the most successful. 

1. Gara

Garas splinter shield stays with you when you transfer into archwing. The damage reduction is nice. 

2. Wisp

Wisps reservoirs stay with you when you transfer into archwing. The added health and speed make archwing dog fights more reasonable. 

3. Nezha

Warding halo from safeguard also stays with you. But, remember, at 50% effectiveness. And, youre supposed to take damage within 3 seconds of casting for it to be buffed. It helps a little but not like garas. Also, it only stays for 1 transfer out. If you jump out then head into a crewship you lose it. 

4. Octavia

Octavias buffs from her 3rd ability stay with you. Meaning mainly, her invisibility. 

5. Exergis

Exergis has been well strong enough to one shot reactors in crew ships. 

6. Velocitus 

Out of all of the weapons ive used so far, velocitus seems to be the best performing. I still need to try grattler fluctus and cyngas. Dual decs seemed ok but their recoil and low mag werent justified by the damage output. With wisps fire rate buff, boi! Velo really seems to shine. 

7. Operator

Using operator to cloak and hack panels while cloaked has seemed pretty effective. A well timed bullet jump to transfer out can land you right in front of a reactor console. 

8 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Hey hi helo,

How are you guys fairing in the archwing portion of your rail jack experience? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Are you just rushing to crew ships and bases? Are you floating invis with itzal? Are you avoiding it completely? 

I like archwing, and here are some tips for you. The methods by which i have felt the most successful. 

1. Gara

Garas splinter shield stays with you when you transfer into archwing. The damage reduction is nice. 

2. Wisp

Wisps reservoirs stay with you when you transfer into archwing. The added health and speed make archwing dog fights more reasonable. 

3. Nezha

Warding halo from safeguard also stays with you. But, remember, at 50% effectiveness. And, youre supposed to take damage within 3 seconds of casting for it to be buffed. It helps a little but not like garas. Also, it only stays for 1 transfer out. If you jump out then head into a crewship you lose it. 

4. Octavia

Octavias buffs from her 3rd ability stay with you. Meaning mainly, her invisibility. 

5. Exergis

Exergis has been well strong enough to one shot reactors in crew ships. 

6. Velocitus 

Out of all of the weapons ive used so far, velocitus seems to be the best performing. I still need to try grattler fluctus and cyngas. Dual decs seemed ok but their recoil and low mag werent justified by the damage output. With wisps fire rate buff, boi! Velo really seems to shine. 

7. Operator

Using operator to cloak and hack panels while cloaked has seemed pretty effective. A well timed bullet jump to transfer out can land you right in front of a reactor console. 

Hmmm, so far from what I tested, I would say imperator vandal could also a good choice, and I personally use opticor vandal for reactors. The main benefit of nezha btw, is using firewalker to give boarding enemy squads a much rougher time.

As for hacking panels, ciphers work on them for those who are not as skilled in hacking (or want to clear it as fast as possible), they are on "Y" by default.

Khora, Kuva Quartakk, Catchmoon, Kronen Prime, Amesha, Imperator Vandal and a smeeta kitty.

I dont do much archwing in there. At times I pop out and circle the RJ and gun down fighters, but I mostly center my time around slingshots into crewships where Khora really shines. No need to kill anything aside from the pilot, the rest are stuck in the net as you hack the reactor shield and blow it up. If there are no more crewships near I port back to RJ and wait for the next, if they are close I exit the crewship, pop #1 and go after the next.

21 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Hmmm, so far from what I tested, I would say imperator vandal could also a good choice, and I personally use opticor vandal for reactors. The main benefit of nezha btw, is using firewalker to give boarding enemy squads a much rougher time.

As for hacking panels, ciphers work on them for those who are not as skilled in hacking (or want to clear it as fast as possible), they are on "Y" by default.

Imperator vandal seemed pretty good but when i tried it in the veil proxima it felt really underpowered. Same with phaedra unfortunately. 

Ill have to try khora. Strangle all the clones!

Pendara and Cyngas are the two best for anti-ship battles as status seems to be king, Puncture and slash seem to convert into plasma damage which increases damage taken and corrosive and radiation does as well.

On a side not... DE we need some sort of way of knowing exactly what converts to ship damage.

Edited by SilvaDreams
  • Like 1