Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This May Sound Stupid, But After Nov, 1St Is De Going To Cease Updates, Hot Fixes Ect?

LegacyOfLamb

Let me rephrase this a tad then, will they be more focused on the console version?

Considering it will be a launch title, it's likely that the updates for PS4 and PC will be in sync.

They'll be very focused on both.

If not, then more focused on the PC version, for things like Livestreams and the Forums.

Let me rephrase this a tad then, will they be more focused on the console version?

If I recall correctly, they'll have another team dedicated to Warframe's PS4 version.  The whole of the Warframe team won't focus solely on the console.  Probably.

3 possibilities: But new content will take longer to be released.

1. Focus on PC and Console which would take longer for new content released. Hot fixes will take longer to release because they're splitting their focus in two.

2. Focus on Console  hotfixes more than PC hotfixes for the next few months.

3. Hire more employees and either stay at the same content/hotfix release, or release them sooner.

I recall Steve saying that they will either be in sync or PC will come first.

If they do get cross platform play though then you'd expect it to be in sync.

If I recall correctly, they'll have another team dedicated to Warframe's PS4 version.  The whole of the Warframe team won't focus solely on the console.  Probably.

I can understand a team that focuses on maintaining proper cross-compatibility between the two by hunting down specific bugs and glitches and the like, but it's not like the PS4 and PC versions are going to receive different content. It's just the same game being played on a different machine.

EDIT:

i also heard in one of the live streams that any content update will be on PC first then maybe a week or 2 it will be released on PS4

hotfixes will by sync i think 

Nevermind then.

Seems kind of silly to go about this route if they're planning on making the game cross-compatible. What if a PC player with a new weapon hops on to a map that a PS4 player is on?

Edited by SortaRandom

The exact statement on the subject if I recall correctly is that they will ALWAYS focus on the PC version, first, foremost, always. 

They will try to make sure the PS4 updates with the PC version, but if the PS4 falls behind on updates, then the PC updates will keep on trucking.

I recall Steve saying that they will either be in sync or PC will come first.

If they do get cross platform play though then you'd expect it to be in sync.

Steve said update 8 was the "hug the player" update too.  That would make update 10 the "steal everything loyal players have built up and kick em in the junk" update.  Updates are Scott's domain, hotfixes are Steve's when he feels the fans are worthy of positive reinforcement, what they say in the livestreams and moreover what they completely avoid saying is irrelevant as most of the future promises still have not arrived, except more weapons and art.  Any additional features to the game (minor ui change aside) are far and few in between.  Around update 8 in a live stream Steve also said something like, "We can't continue to just make new weapons and frames.  It has to level out so we can work on fixes and adding new features to the game."  Since then the complete opposite has happened.

Warframe is still a hallway with enemies and the funny thing is the best missions are the ones where you are in a room and the enemy comes to you, not you running down the hallway.  Well the game is definitely "console ready" as almost nothing has expanded the function or features of the game and in fact a couple features have been removed (artifact system and gear).  I still enjoy the game but hope new features are added some day and something persistent that is not a Barbie playhouse for one out of a thousand players to decorate and soak up resources.  I would happily donate resources and money to building persistent lively cities/hubs that included lore missions and non-combat situations like real assassinations, investigating, best approach scenarios, racketeering, etc...

Edited by Nickeltoe

Yeah, updates will be the same at the same time according to what they said on some interviews.

Now hotfixes, we can assume that they'll appear if necessary and on a specific platform. But considering the system of the PS4 close to a computer, we'll probably get the same issues on both PC and console.

I would happily donate resources and money to building persistent lively cities/hubs that included lore missions and non-combat situations like real assassinations, investigating, best approach scenarios, racketeering, etc...

You would have loved Horizons.

Players built cities, they built houses, they built shops, they built guild related halls, they built gear and gathered resources. You could use resources yourself, sell them or charge others to build things for them with your skills. The ones who hunted the baddies and did the farming protected those who crafted or defended the towns and there was a real sense of community. You built your home on a plot near your friends and worked together to maintain it all which made the community even stronger.

I doubt there will ever be games that will live up to what we had many moons ago. First there was Neocron the best FPS/MMO ever and then Horizons which was the best PVE and crafting based game ever. Later came WOW which had the best bosses, solid quest flow and story line of any game ever made. I'm not much of a lore guy but in WOW it was near impossible not to learn the lore because it was actually rewarding. Then lets not forget LOTRO while it had it's problems at launch it did develop into a fairly good game with so much to do. Long before all of that was DAOC but I came late to that party and it was already a dead game because of WOW. And yet today you have all these one trick F2P pony's being pushed out. They have no true vision or purpose behind them other then to grab a piece of gaming industry pie.

Admittedly we are the idiots who supported this trend so we only have ourselves to blame.