Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapon to pick for Railjack?

Redwyrm

Well I had use all weapons and can say that my favorites are carcinnox and cryophon.

Apoc is a machine gun like carcinnox, but have a really slow proyectile speed and overheat quicker, it's a real annoyance.

Photor and pulsar are hitscan weapons, ironically those are the worst ones on railjack since ships are too fast and fps on my case are slow, but if you have acces to a NASA computer and have the aim of an old western shooter, they might be usefull, I like more pulsar, the electric status is quite usefull, but for some reason everyone prefers the photor, not sure why, I really havent used them much.

Carcinnox have a good proyectile speed, and range, so I like them on the pilot seat to take down cazas when they are coming towards the ship.

Cryophon is a short range shotgun, the proyectile is huge so is  hard to miss with it and can take down a caza before overheating with ease, very usefull when swarmed by enemies and need to take them down quickly, thats why I like them on the gunner seat.

On 2019-12-16 at 9:48 PM, 844448 said:

Apoc or carcinox works pretty well if you invest at gunner tree where you can see an indicator for target leading

Careful with that - that's one of my concerns with the new system. Rank 10 of Gunnery gives you a "snap" to the lead indicator.. I.E. an auto-aim.. the problem with this is that the lead indicator isn't very good. It doesn't seem to figure on ALL the factors... distance/speed/trajectory/equipped-weapon-projectile-speed... what im saying is that in a lot of cases, the lead indicator is (forgive the pun) misleading. You're better off ignoring it and getting used to weapon projectile speeds.

So if the rank 10 perk forces me to aim at the (flawed) indicators, I'll be holding off getting rank 10 gunnery.

On 2019-12-17 at 2:46 AM, Redwyrm said:

Besides the first 3 available type of gun that is.

Logically those ships still vulnerable to cold/frost damage. So Cryophon looks promising. Problem is - i have no idea how it operates, since there are not cheap tier-0 version of it to try.

Is it a hitscan weapon, is missiles-based, is it projectile-based? If it fire projectiles, how fast are those?

Same goes for Carcinnox guns.

PM me in game, you can test the guns on my ISHTAR ^^

44 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

Careful with that - that's one of my concerns with the new system. Rank 10 of Gunnery gives you a "snap" to the lead indicator.. I.E. an auto-aim.. the problem with this is that the lead indicator isn't very good. It doesn't seem to figure on ALL the factors... distance/speed/trajectory/equipped-weapon-projectile-speed... what im saying is that in a lot of cases, the lead indicator is (forgive the pun) misleading. You're better off ignoring it and getting used to weapon projectile speeds.

So if the rank 10 perk forces me to aim at the (flawed) indicators, I'll be holding off getting rank 10 gunnery.

I use the indicator and it's always a hit unless they turn around, even with apoc because I can see the indicator being further than carcinnox to compensate the distance

Levan/zekti mk3 cryophons seem to be the best to me I'm actually surprised to see people think others are even worth using.  These things can one shot fighters in the veil on crits two shot most things without it. With a maxed hyperstrike and section density.

Yeah the range is short but that's what boosting and drifting is for.

I have the lavon cryphon on my nose it's a little bit less damage than the zecti but way less heat it's the best in my opinion.  I accidentally scrapped one or it would be on my wings too.  I'm farming Gran point for the mythical 90 or higher vidar reactor(77 is best so far), in the mission you have to kill 90 fighters 6 cruise ships as the pilot only I'm regularly getting between 65 and 75 of those fighter kills in public matches with the levan cryophon mk3.

15 hours ago, Meneliki said:

So if the rank 10 perk forces me to aim at the (flawed) indicators, I'll be holding off getting rank 10

You are actually wrong, the lead indicator works right, the main problem is that it points at where you need to shot to hit the enemy ship if it continues with the same speed and direction, which is not always the case, the ship might change those variables while the proyectile travels to the target. But is still better that shot blindly.

On 2019-12-18 at 9:04 AM, Redwyrm said:

And since there no actual radiation damage with space guns, crio still at least second-best for dealing with alloy armor.

Damage Types do not change in Railjack, if your Archgun has Radiation Damage, it still deals Radiation Damage in Railjack. the only thing that changes is Status Effects.

and again, Railjack Weapons are good or not good irregardless of their Damage Types, it's the Status Effects that matter from them, not whether the Damage Types are theoretically good or not vs their Health Types.

I like the cryophon myself as  Ibulldog as a pilot and snapshot pretty well, so the short range and  high damage work for me. I've also got cryos on the sideguns, but am thinking about changing them to carcinnox so the gunners have something for longer range engagements. I do have some t3 apocs and their damage types are good, but the slow projectile travel just kills them for most of the folks I've played with. good benefits but low hit ratio means they feel like they're plinking instead of shredding, where as the carcinnox fire and travel faster so seem a more tenno friendly option.

59 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Damage Types do not change in Railjack, if your Archgun has Radiation Damage, it still deals Radiation Damage in Railjack. the only thing that changes is Status Effects.

and again, Railjack Weapons are good or not good irregardless of their Damage Types, it's the Status Effects that matter from them, not whether the Damage Types are theoretically good or not vs their Health Types.

There are no radiation damage for Railjack guns. And in Veil even radiation-modded arch-guns already do too low damage.

And if we talking about status effect, well, cold again is obviously best.

There could be different choices when we get space battles against corpus and sentients (maybe even infested?). But for now cryophon is most solid choice, since we fight only grineer.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Yeah the range is short but that's what boosting and drifting is for.

Especially since we get extra +50% damage boost on drifting...

Edited by Redwyrm

3 hours ago, Redwyrm said:

There are no radiation damage for Railjack guns. And in Veil even radiation-modded arch-guns already do too low damage.

stop spreading lies. Damage Types are completely unchanged in Railjack. they all deal Damage the same way. only Status Effects are changed.
if you think that your Archwing Gun doesn't deal impressive Damage with Radiation, put a different Elemental like Magnetic on instead and see how much extra fun things are before applying Status.
it's such an obvious difference.

don't make lies about things or make statements about things you don't know about, whichever is applicable here.

Cryophon right now not close, all the other guns seem to have overheating issues even if you have a max rank polar coil especially if they have +fire rate bonus and not +weapon damage bonus.  Cryophon at least takes out 2-3 ships before it overheats if you shoot it as fast as possible with rhino roar.  I expect they'll be tweaking the weapons though to make the other weapons at least decent and not require so many shots to kill one enemy ship.  

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

stop spreading lies. Damage Types are completely unchanged in Railjack. they all deal Damage the same way. only Status Effects are changed.
if you think that your Archwing Gun doesn't deal impressive Damage with Radiation, put a different Elemental like Magnetic on instead and see how much extra fun things are before applying Status.
it's such an obvious difference.

don't make lies about things or make statements about things you don't know about, whichever is applicable here.

Ok, then plz name me a >>>>Railjack's<<<< gun that do RADIATION damage...

1 hour ago, Redwyrm said:

Archguns benefit from their combined damage type. The passive bonus from radiation versus alloy stays, but the status procs are Ionic and Incendiary. RJ guns are always the new damage types only and wont combine into one of the classic combined elements.

As for best guns now. Vidar Cryo for pilot and Vidar Carcinnox for side guns. That brings the highest damage potential you can get along with the lowest heat costs possible.

I'd recommend Vidar Carcinnox due to its forgiving nature if host is laggy and damage bonuses, and Zetki Cyrophon for pilot because you'll have most accuracy and be able to use its insane alpha damage and high heat buildup. With proper modding, you can shoot 5-6 times before overheating, resulting in 3-5 ships destroyed per cycle.

So, Vidar Carcinnox for gunners, Zetki Cryophon for pilot.

25 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Archguns benefit from their combined damage type. The passive bonus from radiation versus alloy stays, but the status procs are Ionic and Incendiary. RJ guns are always the new damage types only and wont combine into one of the classic combined elements.

As for best guns now. Vidar Cryo for pilot and Vidar Carcinnox for side guns. That brings the highest damage potential you can get along with the lowest heat costs possible.

Seems like combined elements in RJ won't proc anything, so if you put a combined elemental to larkspur it only proc impact for every status.

2 hours ago, Redwyrm said:

the point for the third time, is for the Weapons you choose on your Railjack to not worry yourself about the Damage Type, read these Weapons only as Damage totals + Status Effects.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

but the status procs are Ionic and Incendiary.

(when have you seen Radiation on an Archgun applying Ionic/Incendiary Status?)

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

the point for the third time, is for the Weapons you choose on your Railjack to not worry yourself about the Damage Type, read these Weapons only as Damage totals + Status Effects.

(when have you seen Radiation on an Archgun applying Ionic/Incendiary Status?)

I can only go from what I've seen when running magnetic aswell as when running corrosive, i.e getting freezing, chem and ion procs depending on the combo. Easiest to check it with is magnetic, since both will be very visual when it comes to both the elemental graphical effects aswell as the actual proc effect itself i.e immobilize and scramble.

Though you and @Test-995may very well be correct and what I've experienced is a bug, which wouldnt really be something out of the ordinary in Empyrean. When we can lose all mod bonuses when entering a crewship or other ground based objective and then get the mod bonuses back on the next I wouldnt be surprised if the damage types at times count as dual element and others like two single and opens up for procs.

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Though you and __ may very well be correct and what I've experienced is a bug, which wouldnt really be something out of the ordinary in Empyrean. When we can lose all mod bonuses when entering a crewship or other ground based objective and then get the mod bonuses back on the next I wouldnt be surprised if the damage types at times count as dual element and others like two single and opens up for procs.

hmm, i could see that as possible.
i haven't exprienced as such myself but Railjack has introduced some pretty strange Bugs indeed.

i even had the game Crash yesterday not in Railjack. nuts. that's like the first Crash in a couple years for me.

Edited by taiiat

On 2019-12-24 at 4:50 PM, Draco0xd said:

You are actually wrong, the lead indicator works right, the main problem is that it points at where you need to shot to hit the enemy ship if it continues with the same speed and direction, which is not always the case, the ship might change those variables while the proyectile travels to the target. But is still better that shot blindly.

Definitely not the experience I continue to have. I'm used to games with lead indicators (mostly space combat games) and this has never been an issue for me. The lead indicator is usually right on. However with Warframe, it was literally the very first thing I noticed when I got the perk that unlocked the indicator. "This indicator is off."

Either way, if it's working for you, that's great. I'm having more success ignoring it.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

hmm, i could see that as possible.
i haven't exprienced as such myself but Railjack has introduced some pretty strange Bugs indeed.

i even had the game Crash yesterday not in Railjack. nuts. that's like the first Crash in a couple years for me.

It is indeed a bug, tested it yesterday over a few missions with both combined damage and single element. Single element procs as it should to line up with the new damage type, combined elements do not. So atm it seems like radiation+cold is the best option for archguns since radiation gets the damage bonus while the frost proc renders the enemy immobile and incapable of using weapons, works well versus crewships too when you approach them.

14 hours ago, Meneliki said:

Definitely not the experience I continue to have.

there's a few issues with it, yeah. for one i think it is set per Weapon Class even though some Variants actually have different Projectile Speeds. but there's more to it than that as well.

On 2019-12-25 at 4:13 PM, SneakyErvin said:

You still didn't answer my question, after blaming me spreading the lies.

According to you a was lying about railjack guns not capable of doing radiation damage... so. Would you name us pls railjack gun (not arch-gun) that do radiation damage?