Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash Width Buff?

FableTale

I've been thinking about this ever since I got excalibur as a starting frame that his slash dash always seemed a little bit off to me. I remember when ever I would use it in xini, that some enemies would survive, even though, I was within arms reach of them. Then I read the wiki and it said the width of the attack is .5 meters.... okay that is kind of low to be honest. I'm not looking for a damage buff it's perfectly fine as it is. The width of the attack though should be 1 meter (balanced) or 1.5 meters (maybe a little too much). So I don't know do you guys think it's fine as it is?

personally I think it's fine as is.

the radius has never seemed small to me, and I use it more of a means of transport out of or into danger, rather than a real damage-dealer. Unless they are all lines up in a row, then it's a pretty nice damage dealer. 

To be fair, it is already one of the most powerful first abilities in the game, just behind Mag's OP pull right now. If it helps to think about it this way, the sword would have to be kept close to Excalibur's body to prevent his arm from being horribly dislocated when it hit a solid object at such a high velocity. Moving his center of mass inward and supporting his arm should make for a stronger attack :P

To be fair, it is already one of the most powerful first abilities in the game, just behind Mag's OP pull right now. If it helps to think about it this way, the sword would have to be kept close to Excalibur's body to prevent his arm from being horribly dislocated when it hit a solid object at such a high velocity. Moving his center of mass inward and supporting his arm should make for a stronger attack :P

Yeah I know that it's realistic lol. The thing though is that missing enemies within arms reach, can be frustrating.

Edited by FableTale

Yeah I know that it's realistic lol. The thing though is that missing enemies within arms reach, can be frustrating.

I get your point. Feels like you need to run straight into enemies sometimes, but while it's a great damage dealer, I feel the lack in range is made up for in it's mobility capabilities.