Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Nyx players; how do you feel about her rework after Wukong and Vauban?

Urthehmiel

On 2019-12-16 at 11:00 PM, Hixlysss said:

Specially when there are other frames that do it just as good, if not better. Enthrall is amazingly useful, and then Loki with radiating disarm is basically chaos. And yeah, I agree that her whole kit needs a looking over, but so far I love her psychic bolts, I just wish we could add more bolts somehow. DE needs to choose between Mind Control or Chaos, not both, as the "Mental Dominator" she should honestly be able to mind control up to like...4 guys(or make it a toggle power that increases drain per mind controlled target), then give her a self buff/survival power because she is *way too squish* with such low armor.

How about mind controlling just a single guy, but redirect 75% of the damage that Nyx takes to him?  Empathic Link we can call it.

1 minute ago, Krenlik said:

How about mind controlling just a single guy, but redirect 75% of the damage that Nyx takes to him?  Empathic Link we can call it.

Would be good as an augment. I feel like she should have powers that do more evasion buffing, or massive aggro reduction.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Krenlik said:

46 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Would be good as an augment. I feel like she should have powers that do more evasion buffing, or massive aggro reduction.

I think Nyx should play like the Linker class from ToS(Tree OF Saviour).

Spoiler

It's been pretty well established most long term Nyx players on the forums are unhappy with her rework and some would prefer it had not happened.

They made her notably worse at the one thing she was good at and gave little in return except even more bugs than she already had.

I just play Loki now. They used to be tied for best CC frame in the game but Loki is an easy win now with less effort.

• Like 4

I have been thinking about a kind of rework that would still fit with Nyx theme and could make her a useful Frame and if anyone got any ideas that could be changes or got more ideas that would make her better then fell free to replie to me and here my ideas.

Nyx rework ideas

Passive
Change it to Make enemies to stop attacking for some seconds instead of
Enemies are 20% less accurate when targeting Nyx

First ability stay the same

Second ability Change it to be able to see enemies through the wall (increase with range mods) (Argument mod could be that she let the other players also to see through the wall)

Third ability switch it to be the 4th and stay the same damage or change it to stop bullets around you but not shooting them back and make it to not drain energy overtime but make it up for some seconds (increase with duration mods)

Fourth ability change it to make yourself and allies that are near you (increase radius with range mods or not) invisible to the enemies or stay the same ability but increase the damage on it.

Reasons and why the ideas
First passive 

Because the enemies can be to many so there will be to much bullets and they can accidently hit you when they are aiming at another player.

The idea to switch it to that they stop attacking you because than there will be no more bullets coming at you and for those that want to think the small details than they can just think that when enemies are shooting and than just stop than it because Nyx have messed their mind so they will just stop.

First ability

Because the ability is pretty good for being a first ability and it is very balance.

Second ability

Because Nyx can get into their mind and see where they are.

Her old one is still pretty good but it is kinda a bit outdated and maybe need a buff so while that will be thinking about so can her get a new one and test it out.

Third ability

Because her 4th ability is kinda good but the damage is kinda low and can be easily counter by some enemies so that's why i think it should be her 3th ability instead.

Why change it to her just stop the bullets is because she can be kinda easily kill by enemies so just give her a shield so she can stay alive when the enemies are doing to much damage that she will be insta killed.

Fourth ability

Because she cloud her enemies minds for a while so that they can't see her and anyone near her.

Why increase the damage because it most of the times just make the enemies fly away because the damage cap get full in less than a seconds sometimes when on some higher missions so she just make them fly away for a moment and don't have any energy left to do anything else.

• Like 1

The reason is people mostly don't feel much good about the rework is because it wasn't a rework, it was tweaks and Psychic Bolts getting reworked, not the frame itself, Absorb has the many problems it had before... Mind Control requires you to shoot the target you just mind controlled when you could just shoot everyone else while your controlled target wakes up.

All in all, a fantastic start would be to allow Nyx to cast her abilities while in Absorb. Assimilate Augment doesn't just allow Nyx to move, it aslo allows her to cast her other abilities, this should be base on her kit.

• Like 1

Thought I'd take the time and record it. Here's one of the many ways the Tactical Mind Control is a failure:

Problems:

• As shown in the clip, sometimes the AI simply bugs out and does nothing.
    • As long as an enemy is neutral like that, they're not even a good diversion because they don't build aggro.

• There's a huge target radius for the ability, but one single enemy is picked, and randomly -- which often results in getting a weak "chainsaw butcher guy" instead of a strong one.

• There's no way to end it early, so that guy sticks around until the ability ends. Hopefully he has received enough damage in the meantime, otherwise he'd just go back to wrecking the ship. Having to keep track of these guys is just annoying.

• With how overtuned these Railjack enemies are, they don't even scratch each other. They're a mild diversion at best.

TL;DR: Mind Control sucks balls.

=> Give us Chaos as Tactical.

Edit: P.S. There's no reason not to let us access the Tactical menu while in Absorb.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

awful, her passive bearly noticable before to ehhhh~?    and her 2 got changed to be useful, so its the only ability that needs power strength and its good enough that you actualy want power strength now XD

her 2 sure strips 100% armour that great if you just going to shoot people but has done nothing for the rest of her kit her 1 and its AI is still awful her 3 is her signiture ability becasue it useful if unreliable and her 4 is the worst tanking ability in the game yes worse than garudas 1 imo cause its litterly invurability stops DE putting more strength in the rest of her kit

i would of much rather seen changes like these or other changes just for a change of pace and undating

3 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

There's no way to end it early, so that guy sticks around until the ability ends. Hopefully he has received enough damage in the meantime, otherwise he'd just go back to wrecking the ship. Having to keep track of these guys is just annoying.

Did they change this? I legit haven't played Nyx much since that rework. Used to be you could hold to release MC.

The tactical value of MC is pretty bad though. The idea you want to pre-kill a good MC target instead of keeping it around is dumb.

Still no rhyme or reason why Nekros gets Eximi aura Immunity buffs and Nyx doesn't.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Did they change this? I legit haven't played Nyx much since that rework. Used to be you could hold to release MC.

The tactical value of MC is pretty bad though. The idea you want to pre-kill a good MC target instead of keeping it around is dumb.

Still no rhyme or reason why Nekros gets Eximi aura Immunity buffs and Nyx doesn't.

To clarify, I was talking about the Tactical Mind Control there (the Railjack ability, that is). My very own can still be cancelled when pressing 1 again. 

I'd wager it might be because they don't switch factions when under Mind Control.

All 3 were meh.  Wukong's was nice but went back to being meh once the melee update "killed" exalted melee's.  Booben had some nice additions but nothing that really solves his problem of surviving esp when enemies can ignore cc.  He's still a gimmicky cc frame.  Just with "some" damage now.  Nyx is stuck half way.  I like some of the ideas behind the changes.  But it doesn't fit right.  Her absorb is still weighing her down.  Her passive is still bad.  Mind control is still jank.  She was a jank frame before.  But you could engineer something out of her to make her work.  Which made her gameplay unique due to her being a utility frame.

Wether or not she ever truly gets the rework she deserves i'd love if DE could actually give us a modernized take on a frame that's almost completely utility based.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

...  Nyx is stuck half way.  I like some of the ideas behind the changes.  But it doesn't fit right.  Her absorb is still weighing her down.  Her passive is still bad.  Mind control is still jank.  She was a jank frame before. ...

She was a dedicated CC frame before.

(And I guess some people liked the invulnerable gameplay of Assimilate to make dedicated builds around that.)

3 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

Dhe needs a full do over, and that's coming from someone who has Umbral forma in there. After Ember's death and phoenix-like rise, Nyx needs one of her own.

turning ember into a bad version of gauss didnt fix her. umbral forma usage is irrelevant here. most of nyx's problems comes from outside problems. enemy AI is bad, hosts still get swiss cheese rendering her passive almost useless, radiation procs would be better if enemy ai wasnt bad. her animations need an update to be more fluid (which in itself could fix the jank in absorb).

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I like Nyx, but I agree she needs tweaks.

I use her as a pure tank with Assimilate and syndicate weapons that gives energy back.

Overall I think that :

- Her 2 is fine. It's an improved version of Seeking Shuriken. The seeker part isn't as good but her armor strip is awesome. It even removes Ancient infested aura and remove all shields from corpus.

- Assimilate should be her base 4 and should not need an augment. The damage absorption should be several time better and closer to what Equinox does. Or transform into a true damage ability. Currently even if you absorb 200k damage with it, when you relase it you are lucky if you get the surrounding mobs at half HP. It's ridiculous.

- Her 1 is useless.

- Her 3 is not good enough. It should turn into a hard CC, with all enemies in range fighting each others at the very least. But I'd rather change it outright.

IMO they should change her 2 into something that strips armor/shield and give it to her. A copy of Hildryn's 2 basically.

Her 1 and 3 should be changed. I'd replace her 1 with an equivalent of Molt for Saryn or Gara's 3 or something. Turn the selected enemy into a target practice.

And about her 3 I don't know... With the changes above her survivability should be already way higher, so the 3 could be an AOE damage ability maybe ? Or a team buff ?

Maybe adding some actual synergy could be nice too. 

I think "What rework?" Is the right way to answer this. All they really did was tweak some stuff.

Mind Control and Psychic Bolts are still useless. The Absorb damage change could've been a stealth buff and nobody would've noticed. Can't tell if her new passive is even working at all. Does Nyx have a single ability that some other frames isn't doing better or making completely obsolete?

Maybe the real rework will come if Nyx Umbra becomes a thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I like Nyx, but I agree she needs tweaks.

I use her as a pure tank with Assimilate and syndicate weapons that gives energy back.

Overall I think that :

- Her 2 is fine. It's an improved version of Seeking Shuriken. The seeker part isn't as good but her armor strip is awesome. It even removes Ancient infested aura and remove all shields from corpus.

- Assimilate should be her base 4 and should not need an augment. The damage absorption should be several time better and closer to what Equinox does. Or transform into a true damage ability. Currently even if you absorb 200k damage with it, when you relase it you are lucky if you get the surrounding mobs at half HP. It's ridiculous.

- Her 1 is useless.

- Her 3 is not good enough. It should turn into a hard CC, with all enemies in range fighting each others at the very least. But I'd rather change it outright.

IMO they should change her 2 into something that strips armor/shield and give it to her. A copy of Hildryn's 2 basically.

Her 1 and 3 should be changed. I'd replace her 1 with an equivalent of Molt for Saryn or Gara's 3 or something. Turn the selected enemy into a target practice.

And about her 3 I don't know... With the changes above her survivability should be already way higher, so the 3 could be an AOE damage ability maybe ? Or a team buff ?

Maybe adding some actual synergy could be nice too. 

while I agree her 2 is fine as I like it to strip enemies armor/shields by 100%

this is to RNG with more enemies around, I even never use it to disable infested auras...Im just killing these ancients or using chaos for that..as RNG with targeting with her 2 is to unreliable

how many times I wanted to strip armor of enemy/enemies just at me and gg git gud to me, all bolts was flying to everything further but not to a singe enemy just at me which I wanted to kill asap

hey 2 is good only with small amount of enemies around, as I said, RNG with bolts to which target they will fly...is jsut to much RNG, this even dont look what enemy is closer to you or harder, this RNG is sick as is with kuva liches % bonus dmg to weapon, you jsut dont want this RNG, you dont want to get this try wasted and if this try is going to be wasted by RNG you want any possibility to have atleast minimum profit of this for using it at all...and yet you dont have, all you have it is just waste at this try

Passive idea - when an enemy acquires Nyx as a target, they hesitate for X seconds before attacking. This can happen multiple times to each particular enemy, so an enemy which switches targets from Nyx to someone else, then back to Nyx (e.g. during Chaos) will hesitate again. This effect is suppressed during Absorb (like her current passive is).

For her 1, some of the damage inflicted on the control target could be mirrored on any other enemies affected by Nyx' abilities, including weak points on bosses that are hit by her 2.

Speaking of bosses, her 1 and 3 could debuff them somehow in lieu of controlling them.

She's sadly outshined by Wukong

They both have a 1 that gives you an ally, but in Wukong's case, the ally isn't temporary and can deal good damage

They also can pull aggro and release damage on an AoE (Nyx's 4 and Wukong's 3). But again Wukong does it better : his AoE is better, he gains a ton of armor (over a good base HP, unlike Nyx) and the energy cost is the same whatever the damage you take.

Sure Nyx can remove enemy defense (armor/shield), but Wukong doesn't really need to, he can just melee the crap out of enemies and replenish his health in seconds if needed

• 2 weeks later...