Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Nyx players; how do you feel about her rework after Wukong and Vauban?

Urthehmiel

53 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

I'd not want her to be more "appreciated" by masses of players having in mind what particular features in this game masses appreciate most.

Sure, totally agree. I mean Nyx can be best in gameplay without having her theme or abilities totally changed, but well implemented with more utility and

some changes both for team and solo play. 

23 часа назад, Nezeloonian сказал:

I mean Nyx can be best in gameplay without having her theme or abilities totally changed, but well implemented with more utility and

some changes both for team and solo play. 

I'm not sure what you implying.

Everything, like EVERYTHING IN BOLD in this game boils down to playstyle and personal preferences - it is your teamplay and your solo play.

So I'm not quite drooling for changes for the frame which does its job. Fix it. Not change.

1) Ennemies mind controled now based on Ability Strength (max 8-10). 

2) Bounce on other ennemies when they are killed. Deactivate Eximus auras. 

3) Maybe ennemies can totally ignore Nyx while affected by Chaos.

4) Assimilate baseline. Can roll or move a bit faster.

After making some researches, Nyx/Nox was the goddess of the Night in Ancient Greece, maybe make a theme around that ?

4 hours ago, Forgeron.2374 said:

After making some researches, Nyx/Nox was the goddess of the Night in Ancient Greece, maybe make a theme around that ?

Are you kidding me? There is already Equinox. Nyx is a mind controller and should not be changed in a different character, forget about it. And her powers should not be totally changed like it was for Ember.

Completely baffled by this community most times. You're asking, again!, for a CC frame to be given damage.

I think most the people complaining about CC frames needing damage in their kits should probably stick to damage dealing frames. instead of trying to force damage onto something that was never meant for damage to begin with...lol.

As always it comes down to personal playstyles, etc. But insisting CC frames have damage for them to be worth anything is just F'n silly. Maybe learn how to use the CC frames? Or just stick to damage dealers... sheesh.

Nyx was damn near destroyed by this very same mentality, thankfully they gave her spammable bolts back. Although in a much worse state than the orginal.

If you're frustrated that you choose to play a CC frame and the abilities don't do damage, well maybe try something else. Cause obviously you don't enjoy the CC that many others do? 

I'm happy as hell Nyx didn't get the wukong/vauban treatment. I don't care much for Wukong and Vauban was one of my favorites for a long time. Now he just feels like another " spam a ton of particles in your teams face because, fun for 'me!' " While noone else can really do much unless they have a frame with bigger and stronger AoE. It's maddening. 

Warframe feels like it's moving further and further from anything co-op, and everything has to be capable of soloing everything in the game with little to no thought about anything other than how much time it'll take to grind out all these pointless multi-layered tier systems.

• Like 2

On 2020-01-04 at 12:17 PM, Miyabi-sama said:

Everything, like EVERYTHING IN BOLD in this game boils down to playstyle and personal preferences - it is your teamplay and your solo play.

So I'm not quite drooling for changes for the frame which does its job. Fix it. Not change.

Sure. If you're happy with Nyx actual state, good for you. But actually she could be even better. Not drooling about that, just saying that every change that came, would be for better. 

• Like 2

But why is it that a CC frame shoudn't do some half decent damage? Vauban is a CC frame and is doing a very decent damage recently with his Flechette Orb. I use it all the time along with well positioned Tether Coils on the ceiling, and it rips sortie/arbitration enemies apart. Revenant deals decent AoE damage with his Danse Macabre, if you mod him for Strength (everybody does it to get more Mesmer Skin charges anyway). And yeah, I know the damage output of each 'laser' in Danse Macabre is not that great, but Revenant have 5 lasers at a time, and with a reach of 100 meters and punch-through in enemy bodies, so he deals damage all over the map if you position him well. 
There is no reason for Nyx sucking at dealing damage (unlike other CC frames) other than conformism.

• Like 1

Nyx lacks survivability and/or mobility. Without a more reasonable health pool or armor you have to depend on an unreliable CC OR sacrifice mobility and a steady energy drain and a mod slot via an Augment to practically use her power 4. Why not add a health-damage link to her mind control target? Why are Mind Control and Chaos so weak and redundant? Couldn't they be combined to make room for an ability that matters, maybe centering the Chaos on that one Mind Controlled target? The power 4 Augment feels forced if you want to use it at all, it should be a base function of that ability. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-05 at 2:14 PM, (PS4)FunkyTown_76 said:

Completely baffled by this community most times. You're asking, again!, for a CC frame to be given damage.

I think most the people complaining about CC frames needing damage in their kits should probably stick to damage dealing frames. instead of trying to force damage onto something that was never meant for damage to begin with...lol.

Old Psychic bolts, Absorb supposed to "reflect" damage back to enemies, Never in the history of anything was Nyx designed or intended to deal any form of damage ergo she was CC only.

The fact that her forte was to CC enemies doesn't NEGATE or nullify the idea of her being intended to atleast have a form of offensive, she had one, her only Offensive abilities are Absorb & Mind Control, and they are terrible at it, not because they are simply designed to NOT deal damage, but because they are rather poorly implemented and they could've been tremendously improved since a while.

I feel like the only adjustments that are necessary are to chaos and Absorb. 

Chaos isn't on the same level as other CC. It needs to either drastically improve functionality or increase the damage enemies take under chaos.

Absorb needs to act like anti matter drop with its range extending the more damage is soaks in. 

People have this idea of what Nyx should be instead of just learning what Nyx does and utilizing her.

The most important takeaway here is that Warframe is a fast paced game where ability spaming and aoe weapons will just allow you to delete the enemies in almost every situation. And then in some of the more directed endgame farming situations like Eidolons, abilities don't work at all.

This makes it tough for Nyx to exist because of her abilities.

============

But, let's not all just give negative feedback on Nyx. She has two very powerful uses.

1) range/efficiency on her 4 and being able to make an area basically unkillable. This has many good uses.

2) Efficiency/duration with 4 augment. If you couple this with Arcane Energize and some of the most powerful weapons in the game it turns Nyx into an unstoppable juggernaut. Use your operator mode to dash around for mobility and/or utilize your melee combos. Infinitely scaling melee weapons work for her. She can't be killed, she can't be cc'd, this is THE frame to take if you want to just ez mode most missions for any length of time. I have never had an easier time doing a 6 hour survival solo. (outside of Octavia, of course)

Edited by uAir

4 часа назад, uAir сказал:
Efficiency/duration with 4 augment. If you couple this with Arcane Energize and some of the most powerful weapons in the game it turns Nyx into an unstoppable juggernaut. Use your operator mode to dash around for mobility and/or utilize your melee combos. Infinitely scaling melee weapons work for her. She can't be killed, she can't be cc'd, this is THE frame to take if you want to just ez mode most missions for any length of time. I have never had an easier time doing a 6 hour survival solo. (outside of Octavia, of course)

Em. I think that after 6 hours of survival, any mob can take your energy to zero very quickly. Or is the energy absorption condition every 1000 damage gone?

53 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

I've always loved her concept and to be honest her Chaos is my favorite ability in game. Rest of the kit is a little bit. Lacking, for a lack of a better word. Not gonna i really wanna see Pablo give her a wukong level of a rework. 😄

So you want see a rework of her abilities to be more useful hut also you don't want to, don't get me wrong: are you a woman?

I think everything would get changed for it to be a proper rework for her. what gets me is this: if she can mind control enemies, why wouldn't she just make them kill themselves? that would be maybe a bit too convenient sure, but having enemies self damage with her controlling abilities could be an interesting way of giving her DPS abilities while retaining the mind-controller theme.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think everything would get changed for it to be a proper rework for her. what gets me is this: if she can mind control enemies, why wouldn't she just make them kill themselves? that would be maybe a bit too convenient sure, but having enemies self damage with her controlling abilities could be an interesting way of giving her DPS abilities while retaining the mind-controller theme.

That would have to kind of a work in an AOE then, since single target self kill would be too little, but too big of an AOE would be too strong. but they add to 3 "Enemies remove their armor" and that way a mind controlled minion might get a little bit more usefull as there is no huge armor just blocking all the damage

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

il y a 6 minutes, rs_sakuras a dit :

That would have to kind of a work in an AOE then, since single target self kill would be too little, but too big of an AOE would be too strong. but they add to 3 "Enemies remove their armor" and that way a mind controlled minion might get a little bit more usefull as there is no huge armor just blocking all the damage

I like the idea. A sort of Code Geass way basically.

I'd go for an AOE in a cone-shape, that makes enemies lose a % of true HP, scalable with power strenght, but not range. Sort of an equivalent to Revenant 3. Maybe make it synergize with Chaos.

• Like 1