Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Nyx players; how do you feel about her rework after Wukong and Vauban?

Urthehmiel

Just now, rs_sakuras said:

Meh, more like DE holds peoples hands too much, i still think hard enemies in the game should be around 250-300 lvl enemies not 100-120.

Try kosma grineer on railjack mission on veil, it might answer your want on level 250 - 300

2 hours ago, nyxtasy said:

I main her.  She even does not need any rework at all!

She's been obsolete and lacking for years now. Even in the age of The Law of Retribution with CC being meta, Rhino's Stomp outperformed any of Nyx's capabilities. That was in ~2016. Her only real unique gimmick is doing the dojo parkour courses fast with the Arcane Menticide Helmet, and Assimilate. However, Assimilate is also obsolete due to Inaros. Nyx is lackluster throughout every single one of her skills.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

I want to see her abilities get rework but i want keep her 3. 😄

Not sure there is a way to balance her 3 honestly, so probably the first one that should be ditched in a major rework if it ever happened.

Mind control could just use some minor buffing/ai controls/improvements.

Psychic bolts just needs to be redesigned entirely if it wants to be an armor strip, or otherwise be changed to have some other utility bonus, target capped small range armor strip though is nothing in this game. I'd say make psychic bolts a second tier of mind control, cap the bolts at like 6 enemies or so, and these mind controlled targets instead of being a secondary damage dealer like with her 1 instead apply like a debuff to enemies in an aoe around them, keeping on brand with the mind control aesthetic, and maybe even act as a minor aggro pull as well to help with Nyx's survivability outside chaos sphere.

Her 3 of again i just can't see being balanced under its current function, it can't cause enemies to deal enough damage to be able to kill each other on their own or it'd be busted, but also if it doesn't it's just useless, so it should be scrapped. The concept is cool but it's not reasonable for this games balance. Maybe turn this into a big radial armor strip if anything, or fully replace with some other kind of large radius debuff. Or even vice versa, make it a team buff through some physic boost. 

Her ult is weird because it has to have some cut off for allowing invulnerability, but it's also useless to just be immortal and immobile in this game, and I don't support an ability needing an augment to be of value, so maybe just let Nyx able to fire from within the globe or at least casts abilities by default, and the augment just adds the mobility option.   

Just very rough ideas of steps to take forward her kit. (also this is in the wrong part of the forums, you want this in feedback for warframes)

as a frame i did enjoy before the nerf *cough* rework [if you don't know why, then you didn't know her kit]

i took her for a spin last Saturday and i had some thoughts  

Id say nyx is in a pre ember rework like state, other frames can do more and offer better , her kit is very meh and dated even with the last rework she got (the minor tweaks and nerf/buff) 

1 & 3

Spoiler

her 1 & 3 could be combined in a gear wheel system like ivaras quiver imo they do the same literal thing mind control targets its just single to wide aoe (and maybe buffs to single) wait thats already a augment mod... lots of redundancy in this kit, yes in theory you can use 1 + aug to buff a target but with current armor vs damage scales on enemies its pointless past a certain level 

nyx could then have one her 1 a telekinetic blast (small) thats a single hand cast that does CC / knock down  or something to that style  , her 4 is good  her 2 is nice with stripping (though i miss the damage it used to deal) 

i guess if 1 & 3 were in a gear slot system they could add then a few more esp mind control flavors to that method like a group aoe as a medium version and then she could toggle depending on targeted group size

another thought is that her  1 is fused to the 3 mechanic wise, say she turns the group closest to her as allies then the enemies around are chaos proc'd and attack each other, giving nyx a guard/meat shield group like nekros , and providing the damage buffs they get on initial damage

her 4th power

Spoiler

is burden for the user, as allies abuse it by shooting it up and drain my energy faster then i can say wow , leaving me vulnerable to attack/death , cause they dont like em AFK (standing still in an immobile power) i find them mentally lacking for stating this, as i usually drop it to cover a def position stationary target to keep it alive 

the only way to prevent this is use the augment , but then the range on its powers are cut , not helpful , granted she stores elemental damages now, but its still meh versus most higher enemies and is primarily a def power not offensive in this incarnation 

her 2

Spoiler

overall this is improved with guaranteed stripping , save that it removed the damage elements cold/radiation/slash she could through onto an enemy 

it used to be fun to scale the damage and through them all over the maps to spam kill enemies fast and or nuke  moderate maps quickly (yes this was my preferred use) 

overall it is helpful now to strip big enemies and run them down with guns/melee quickly , i just have nastalgia over the prior nuker build i did have 

as it stands for me i cast 4 , cast 3 and walk around slowly , cast 2 on heavy's and melee, then shoot mobs with primary /secondary 

but nothing really useful in her kit to make me say "wow that was a fun game i had using that frames kit" 

i mean its not like she is alone, in this issue, but the fact is they had a chance to fix her and kind of did a 1.0->1.1 update not much to improve her play style or use in a squad

when i think of a psychic power or esp based powers im thinking , throwing people around with the players mind, or mind controlling large groups to fight for them or making someone explode do to the shear will of the mind 

overall imo she needs a more active kit , she is very stationary , position locked, slow and or just unimpressive in actual game battle, given its now leaning towards run/gun

In my experience playing nyx the main problems with her kit are with her nr1 and nr4 abilities. The mind control is just bad because the AI sucks and even with a 2000% damage boost they feel like they cant kill anything, it would however be nice if this worked a bit like nidus's link and transferred damage to the mind controlled target. Her nr4 skill really needs the augment integrated into it as ending up immobile and unable to do anything isnt very useful or fun for that matter. 

The psychic bolts work fine for what they do, stripping armor. Its the reason i pretty much main nyx in railjack stuff. Chaos also does what its supposed to, but having the enemies less likely to shoot/hit nyx while under its effects would be nice at higher levels. 

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I'm just gonna leave this here:

But overall I agree she needs some pablo love.

Imma check it, but before i do let me guess, a lot of efficiency, maybe some duration and a 4 augment?

So his secret OP set up, Melee weapon and assimilate, i wonder which frame i have heard this I am looking at my profile picture but can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by rs_sakuras

40 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Melee weapon and assimilate, i wonder which frame i have heard this I am looking at my profile picture but can't quite put my finger on it.

If I can choose between val's claws and my melee of choice, I would always choose the latter.

40 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Imma check it, but before i do let me guess, a lot of efficiency, maybe some duration and a 4 augment?

And use all your abilities except chaos.Also with the one build you can use it too.
Dunno the guy knows his stuff, give it a try.

Edited by vegetosayajin

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

If I can choose between val's claws and my melee of choice, I would always choose the latter.

Or you could just use warcry.

6 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

And use all your abilities except chaos.Also with the one build you can use it too.
Dunno the guy knows his stuff, give it a try.

I do use all abilities for nyx, but her 1 and 2 still feel really really weak. And i'm not talking about damage or utility standpoint. Even though in both they are weak. In gameplay aspect as well. They are very weak. (Also i still heavily dislike 4 augment, and personally i don't use it.

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Well... it's not revenant level but it works to some point yea...
I didn't test her above lv180 tho, don't know if she could handle the one-shots.

I've been able to ravage through those enemies with Guandao, I'm sure there are better weapons to use for it too, personally i just enjoy guandao most. though at that point she starts actually taking a bit more damage, though Grace does generally work but when it doesn't. Can just heal with her 4.

15 hours ago, 844448 said:

Yeah no, her kits are not lacking at all if you know how to play her. I'm killing sortie ambulas well enough with a very basic battle routine

All i need is Pox and Kronen Prime and i can do ambulas with unmodded frames. And i'm talking instakills. So what does this have to do with Nyx' kit?

16 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

All i need is Pox and Kronen Prime and i can do ambulas with unmodded frames. And i'm talking instakills. So what does this have to do with Nyx' kit?

Nyx kit isn't useless as people say, and from kronen prime, I assume it's maiming strike slide attack? I would like to see how you do it to do instakill on ambulas since I'm still searching the trick

20 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

Psychic bolts and really don't like her 4 as it feels like a pace breaker. Mind control is alright as an idea, but in WF it really doesn't work due to enemy armor scaling so high.

Yes.  Even with the Mind Freak augment, enemy health and armor scales stupidly faster than their damage does.  If you Mind Control a level 80 Bombard, you're doing it to make it stop shooting at you and to create an impenetrable bullet sponge.  There is almost zero chance it will actually kill anything.  Those rockets that one-shot Rhino the instant his Iron Skin breaks?  They do nothing to other NPCs.  😞

16 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Yes.  Even with the Mind Freak augment, enemy health and armor scales stupidly faster than their damage does.  If you Mind Control a level 80 Bombard, you're doing it to make it stop shooting at you and to create an impenetrable bullet sponge.  There is almost zero chance it will actually kill anything.  Those rockets that one-shot Rhino the instant his Iron Skin breaks?  They do nothing to other NPCs.  😞

They could fix that by having the mind controlled enemy equip an exalted weapon, that you could mod obviously. 

In addition to the increased damage, it would be nice to have a "companion" that deals Viral, Gas or Radiation while you bring your usual Corrosive weapon (although Corrosive on Nyx can be redundant).

49 minutes ago, Tatann said:

They could fix that by having the mind controlled enemy equip an exalted weapon, that you could mod obviously. 

In addition to the increased damage, it would be nice to have a "companion" that deals Viral, Gas or Radiation while you bring your usual Corrosive weapon (although Corrosive on Nyx can be redundant).

almost impossible to implement.