Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch-Melee could use an insane buff

PikeOrShield

I'm talking 10-20 time more damage. Arch-melee is okay in normal archwing missions but really bad in railjack. Catching up to enemy fighters is doable with some practice, but even then, most arch-guns are way better at point blank than an arch-melee. They can't strip defenses as easily as an arch-gun and fall behind in damage because of that.

The heavy attack deals a bit over double their normal damage and shares the same animation as normal attacks, but arch-wing did not receive the melee 3.0 auto equip, meaning you have to manually equip arch-melee to use heavy attacks and even then the damage is poor.

Arch-melee would have an interesting and engaging place in the railjack meta if it could deal tons of damage. It would reward players for closing the gap and catching enemy spacecraft.

• Like 1

Just now, Skaleek said:

Not the damage, it needs to be able to do damage. They need to bring back lockon homing.

Yes the damage. It doesn't matter if you can reliably land 20 hits if you can't kill anything in those 20 hits. Just bringing back the lock is like sticking a band-aid on a broken arm.

19 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

Yes the damage. It doesn't matter if you can reliably land 20 hits if you can't kill anything in those 20 hits. Just bringing back the lock is like sticking a band-aid on a broken arm.

No, it needs to be able to hit. It doesnt matter if you can do a billion damage if you cant hit anything anyways. Even if you did 1 damage a hit, as long as you could hit, you would eventually kill the target. If you can never hit, because lets face it, when amesha inevitably takes a dirt nap and gets nerfed, you will never hit anything with your melee. Ever.

If you look at archmelee right now, the damage is substantial. I can kill enemies in veil proxima with amesha slowing them. I just cant hit them without broken amesha slow.

Edited by Skaleek

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

You're the only one then.

I'll test in a regular mission tonight but it definitely works in Railjack as it accounts for at least a third of my kills over the last two days. You do have to get the timing spot on though as the fighters are so fast they can be our of range so you don't "dash" towards them and just end up flailing about. I'm using Prisma Velocitus, what weapons have you tried?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shalath said:

I'll test in a regular mission tonight but it definitely works in Railjack as it accounts for at least a third of my kills over the last two days. You do have to get the timing spot on though as the fighters are so fast they can be our of range so you don't "dash" towards them and just end up flailing about. I'm using Prisma Velocitus, what weapons have you tried?

Okay well i'll start by listing the melee weapons i've tried and then get into a few issues with your post (*EDIT*Gonna assume you mean the prisma veritux now that im thinking about it more). I've tested centaur, akguza (sp?) and the knux. None of them dash to my enemy when i swing, they just swing stationary wherever i am.

1. Prisma Velocitus is not a weapon.

2. If it was a weapon, it would be a ranged weapon.

Edited by Skaleek
He probably means the prisma veritux

19 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Okay well i'll start by listing the melee weapons i've tried and then get into a few issues with your post (*EDIT*Gonna assume you mean the prisma veritux now that im thinking about it more). I've tested centaur, akguza (sp?) and the knux. None of them dash to my enemy when i swing, they just swing stationary wherever i am.

1. Prisma Velocitus is not a weapon.

2. If it was a weapon, it would be a ranged weapon.

You are right, I really should check the names of things before posting when at work :sad:

I didn't get much time to test last night but I can confirm that lock-on melee work outside of Railjack (I tested on Jupiter) with Prisma Veritux and I saw another post before leaving for work this morning where somebody else confirms it works for them as well (can't find it now). I also play solo which may be a factor.

Unfortunately PV is the only arch-melee weapon I have left as I got rid of the vanilla Vertitux ages ago but it does seem to indicate that it is only certain weapons that have broken. I'll see if I can get something else to test with.

20 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Knux does not track at all, it just swings in place. It's what I've been using recently. Prisma Veritux definitely does track, however - tested this just last night. I don't know what DE did, but tracking for anything that's not a hilt-held sword seems to be broken, likely because the tracking action is tied to the animation state, rather than the weapon or the mechanic.

20 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Prisma Veritux definitely does track, however

Yup, i tested this and can confirm the tracking does work. So i'm basically just sticking with that till DE fixes it. The problem is... When will DE fix it? It's been broken a while, and I get that they are busy, but things like these often fall through the cracks for extended periods of time (years).

@Shalath Thank you for the information.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Yup, i tested this and can confirm the tracking does work. So i'm basically just sticking with that till DE fixes it. The problem is... When will DE fix it? It's been broken a while, and I get that they are busy, but things like these often fall through the cracks for extended periods of time (years).

If my theory is correct and only "sword hilt grip" melee weapons track, then that basically limits you to the Veritux and the Prisma Veritux. Most of the other weapons use a "wolverine claws grip" and those don't seem to track. The Knux are the only exception that I can think of as they have an animation set all their own, but those don't track, either - this I know from testing. So yeah, you're stuck using the Prisma Veritux. On the plus side, that thing tracks AGGRESSIVELY and from a fairly long distance.

As to when DE will fix it? Who knows. I'm not entirely convinced they're even aware of this issue as at least two patches have so far claimed that this is fixed, when it's so far only been fixed for one Archmelee weapon type. Probably worth filing another bug report just to be on the safe side, but this is unlikely to get a fix soon. Railjack is still massively buggy, missing features and bleeding players, so that's probably going to be the priority for some time.

9 hours ago, FoolsFolly said:

Okay, so homing is broken on non-sword archmelee weapons, and damage numbers are extremely low compared to archguns. Both issues need to be addressed before archmelee will be considered viable.

Yep. After testing it out a bunch in the veil using a maxed out Prisma Veritux, I found the tracking to be indispensable for closing small gaps, but the weapon only starts to deal real damage after stripping armor with an arch-gun. Skaleek has a point about the usefulness of the lock-on, but the damage is still way behind arch-gun levels.

2 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

Skaleek has a point about the usefulness of the lock-on, but the damage is still way behind arch-gun levels.

After more testing in the veil content. I'm inclined to agree. The damage does seem rather low. I will concede we both have valid points and that we are both trying to achieve the same goal: viability of archmelee. I consider the cyngas an outlier though because its leveraging (what i assume) is broken status effect stacking.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-20 at 3:52 PM, Chornoboh said:

They've fixed the lock on thing, if you're still *@##$ing about that actually go try it again.

The DMG is WAY too low though.

It is not fixed.

I just tried Centaur and Prisma Veritux again.

Prisma Veritux locks and tracks correctly, but it was never broken.

Centaur does not work and instead swings in place.

On 2019-12-18 at 8:01 AM, Skaleek said:

Yup, i tested this and can confirm the tracking does work. So i'm basically just sticking with that till DE fixes it.

Well that's annoying.

So in addition to not being able to level up my Arghguns because it's impossible for me to hit anything that uses a projectile, or isn't a good range, I can't level up my Archmelee because they don't lock-on.

Guess I'm stuck with Imperator Vandal and Prisma Veritux on an Amesha...

And that, of course, is alongside the fact that there really is NO other content we need these weapons for anyways. Regular Archwing missions... I'm done farming those. The only Arch mod I need now drops from Profit-taker (that damn 60/60 fire mod).

Edited by DrakeWurrum