Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you bought Rush Repair Drone?

Rasdan

Just curious, considering some railjack parts requires a huge amount of resources to farm.

Worst case scenario, it needs a LOT of titanium. That one resources that can be earned by manually search the map. They also yield in a very small amount.

If you do, how many times have you used it?

• Like 1

I bought one just to test how they work, the rush repair drone instantly repairs a wreckage without consuming any resources. They are pretty much the definition of pay to win (though the fact you can earn Plat from other players in Warframe makes this arguable). I'd advise against their use except for parts that would require a truly excessive grind because you are probably going to replace what ever park you are fixing pretty soon unless it is an MK III, and 50p isn't exactly cheap.

• Like 1

Considering there is nothing else to spend plat on, I'm buying them.

I've always thought that there should be a plat sink in Warframe instead of it constantly being injected and circulated without any way for it to exit the system (very few and far in-between ways).

In saying that, I do hope DE treads carefully because the ball only rolls faster downhill.

I bought one. Made me feel like a dirty rat. 😞

I feel like this content was designed to suck people into buying those. From a progression standpoint they made the cost of repairing regular old stuff so high that it hinders the experience. You will be done all of saturn and earth before you can even craft a lowly mk1 weapon you looted. Grinding for mats in open space is fun for the first few times but after that its really mind numbing.  For people with not much time those are must have items if you ever want to try a gun. It chops off the 12 hour wait to. If you craft you need a boatload of materials and gotta wait. So i mean realistically for the average player who only gets to play a few hours every other day, these things are a godsend. Even if you no life 24/7 they come in handy. These are like the sweetest organic carrot being dangled above a starving rabbit hole. 

Edited by bananacat89

I'm waiting for awhile to see if any devstream alerts will reward them at all.

But according to patch notes, if you recycle a rebuilt part, you get everything you put into it back. So really, you get a fancy mk2 and farm the resources and fix. A week later you get a better mk2 or 3. Farm the difference then scrap the original mk2 and put it all into the new one. The worst part being the 12hr down time for repair so you have to plan ahead. Or so that's what it looks like. I haven't had to wreckage to test yet.

9 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I'm waiting for awhile to see if any devstream alerts will reward them at all.

But according to patch notes, if you recycle a rebuilt part, you get everything you put into it back. So really, you get a fancy mk2 and farm the resources and fix. A week later you get a better mk2 or 3. Farm the difference then scrap the original mk2 and put it all into the new one. The worst part being the 12hr down time for repair so you have to plan ahead. Or so that's what it looks like. I haven't had to wreckage to test yet.

You don't get all your mats back. It is around half. Even if your item was rushed with repair drone you get stuff back. 

So technically you could rush all your junk. Scrap it and get tons of mats if you gotz the plat and broken weapons. Around 1000 spent and a weekend of farming and you should be rolling in loots. The alternative is to comb open space for loots every weekend until 2021 and grind your booty off 😛 

These repair drones are so good they are pretty much the pure definition of P2W. Cost for stuff is to high and these are to cheap to ignore. 

Edited by bananacat89

21 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I've always thought that there should be a plat sink in Warframe instead of it constantly being injected and circulated without any way for it to exit the system (very few and far in-between ways).

I think DE should add a small platinum tax on platinum trades, so it slowly decays out of the economy naturally even if they can't produce enough deluxe skins for people to buy.

14 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

I bought one. Made me feel like a dirty rat. 😞

I feel like this content was designed to suck people into buying those. For people with not much time those are must have items if you ever want to try a gun. It chops off the 12 hour wait to. If you craft you need a boatload of materials and gotta wait. So i mean realistically for the average player who only gets to play a few hours every other day, these things are a godsend. Even if you no life 24/7 they come in handy. These are like the sweetest organic carrot being dangled above a starving rabbit hole. 

As someone who has repaired 3 guns, an engine, and a shield array without the use of the rush drone, my advice is to go get your resources while you play for the day and then start your repairs right before you sign off for the night, because it wouldn't be healthy to play for more than 12 hours in a single day and the 12 hour wait time means basically nothing when you know it will be done when you log in tomorrow. The amount of resources required looks like a lot but you can usually farm that amount in just a few missions if your crew knows what they are doing.

Edited by Selpar
Fixed typo

8 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

You don't get all your mats back. It is around half. Even if your item was rushed with repair drone you gets tuff back. 

That's lame, and outright misleading in the patch notes to what most would consider essential info when making these expensive time consuming choices. 

1. SCRAPPING a WRECKAGE item before Repairs grants Dirac, the currency used to upgrade your AVIONICS GRID, or your Avionic themselves (similar to Endo).
  2. SCRAPPING a WRECKAGE item after Repairing gives you back your crafting materials you spent to Repair it (Titanium, Carbides, etc).
Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selpar said:

I think DE should add a small platinum tax on platinum trades, so it slowly decays out of the economy naturally even if they can't produce enough deluxe skins for people to buy.

Basically a service tax. I mean, I'm not personally against it and it makes logical sense. But it would certainly be hard to implement and justify without players losing their mind over it.

The thing is... it is even faster to farm 300 plat for repairing all MK2 or 3 equipment. When you sell some prime stuff and can reach 300 plat in a few hours or less consider your luck.

But right now I can repair ONE MK2 part and then almost start from scratch. It takes weeks to repair the whole ship for MK2 and maybe even more for MK3.

So in the end: farm MK3 parts instill you have enough and then buy drones to finish them. It's the best way. Otherwise it will take a LONG time. When you get about 900 pustrels with a resource booster per game (a 30 min or more) and need 7000 for one part? I think it is faster to farm plat.

Also my main comes today as PA so...

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Goodwill said:

Basically a service tax. I mean, I'm not personally against it and it makes logical sense. But it would certainly be hard to implement and justify without players losing their mind over it.

Players lose their mind over everything anyway, so no reason to fear that ^.^;

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

If It's not mandatory i'm not gonna bother with proxima so I'm fine with it. At least I can solo earth easily.

The proxima levels are considered "missions" and you will be locked out of lethal arbitrations unless you clear every proxima mission, but other than that yeah completely optional.

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Bought two yesterday.

And that was it. I really wanted to make my ship geared up with mk2 equipment.

If It's not mandatory i'm not gonna bother with proxima so I'm fine with it. At least I can solo earth easily.

You really think this is optional? Lol I would do it if you want to play the Old War in a few months.

2 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

The thing is... it is even faster to farm 300 plat for repairing all MK2 or 3 equipment. When you sell some prime stuff and can reach 300 plat in a few hours or less consider your luck.

But right now I can repair ONE MK2 part and then almost start from scratch. It takes weeks to repair the hole ship for MK2 and maybe even more for MK3.

So in the end: farm MK3 parts instill you have enough and then buy drones to finish them. It's the best way. Otherwise it will take a LONG time. When you get about 900 pustrels with a resource booster per game (a 30 min or more) and need 7000 for one part? I think it is faster to farm plat.

Also my main comes today as PA so...

Kinda have to agree on that,even if it is 50 plat,i feel it is much faster to just crack a bunch of relics and sell the prime stuff you get from them,also don't forget syndicate mods,which can also be done at the same time as relics...provided if you have a syndicate sigil on.

18 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

I bought one. Made me feel like a dirty rat. 

I bought 3. Felt pretty much the same. I really don't like rewarding something so obviously designed to force you to spend plat to get around such an obscene resource cost. And let's not kid ourselves, that is exactly why it takes so many resources to fix a scrap ship part.

Used two on a MkII Zekti Carcinox and Apoc since only the MkIIIs are better. Other one was on a MkII shield with stats on par with the MkIIIs in the wiki page for Railjack.

And you know what? It still sucks. The guns can at least kill things, but an AW is still better for Crewships, and Crewships still kill my Railjack in about 10 seconds now instead of 5. Not to mention it's easier to aim in an AW and you have a much wider FoV. I don't get why that intrinsic upgrade for full view with the guns doesn't apply to the pilot. 

This update is terribly designed when it comes to player experience, but perfectly designed when it comes to incentivizing dropping plat. Don't want to spend a month farming the resources for the best Railjack guns? Just buy them. It's real scummy and DE needs to reduce the repair costs by a significant amount and up the count for material drops for enemies, and they need to do it quick.

10 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

SCRAPPING a WRECKAGE item after Repairing gives you back your crafting materials you spent to Repair it (Titanium, Carbides, etc).

This isn't surprising, they said they reduced the murmur count for liches in one patch note, then went back a few days later and "fixed a typo" showing that they just moved 20 murmurs from the first requiem reveal to the last.  

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I hope that's not true. Otherwise i'll just buy every avionics with money. I refuse to grind for those materials.

Don't waste it on avionics you get the necessary ones from just playing. I would not spend plat on that. But consider the missions as a requirement for the Old War.

1 minute ago, DerGreif2 said:

You can get way more than 900 pustrels in a single mission, the forge has a max capacity of 200 for each resource, if your squad is good enough you should be refining resources several times per mission.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I hope that's not true. Otherwise i'll just buy every avionics with money. I refuse to grind for those materials.

The avionics sold in the marketplace are not the good ones that can be upgraded the most so I advise against buying them, though since they are mid tier they do give you a leg up for going out to search for the rare ones that are actually good.

I usually have no problems with Warframe and there p2w, p2rush and p2look cool business model.

All I can say is when I am rushing a frame I usually feel good about. I am getting a new toy that will1 be awesome and fun. Provide me hours of enjoyment. Same goes with a gun. When I rush it or buy packs of forma for it, I am usually doing it because I am stoked to get a new weapon in my arsenal. Stoked to become more powerful. I don't mind supporting them for cool stuff like new frames, new costumes and rushing a wicked designed weapon. 

Railjack stuff sucks though. I don't turn off the game fist pumping and saying " yeah that was a freaking cool night of gameplay with my new sexy frame and wep. The rush was worth it"  No not all. On the contrary. I log off feeling like a idiot for wasting 50 plat on some pea shooter. Or some dumb engine that increases my flight speed so little, the human eye can't even notice it. And in the end it just makes ya feel grimey and kinda depressed that it has come this far in such a good game that used to be renowned for their fair monetization. This is just low. Maple story 2 low.. Yeah I said it... Typa stuff i don't want my favorite game to partake in. Typa stuff that made me quit mp2.  Typa stuff that makes me not want to log in and support this Railjack nonsense. 

Edited by bananacat89
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bananacat89 said:

I usually have no problems with Warframe and there p2w, p2rush and p2look cool business model.

All I can say is when I am rushing a frame I usually feel good about. I am getting a new toy that will gonna be awesome and fun. Provide me hours of enjoyment. Same goes with a gun. When I rush it or buy packs of forma for it, I am usually doing it because I am stoked to get a new weapon in my arsenal. Stoked to become more powerful. I don't mind supporting them for cool stuff like new frames, new costumes and rushing a wicked designed weapon. 

Railjack stuff sucks though. I don't turn off the game fist pumping and saying " yeah that was a freaking cool night of gameplay with my new sexy frame and wep. The rush was worth it"  No not all. On the contrary. I log off feeling like a idiot for wasting 50 plat on some pea shooter. Or some dumb engine that increases my flight speed so little, the human eye can't even notice it. And in the end it just makes ya feel grimey and kinda depressed that it has come this far in such a good game that used to be renowned for their fair monetization. This is just low. Maple story 2 low.. Yeah I said it... Typa stuff i don't want my favorite game to partake in. Typa stuff that made me quit mp2.  Typa stuff that makes me not want to log in and support this Railjack nonsense. 

The only ship part that is worth rushing is the reactor, and only if it gives you a sizable avionics boost. Most of your damage actually comes from your avionics so yeah the guns are terrible unless you have the right mods for them. Zetki Last stand and Zetki Hyperstrike are amazing and can be gotten on Saturn, they make your rail jack guns tear though enemies.

Max Rank Zetki Last Stand: 152% turret damage if hull is below 20%

Max Rank Zetki Hyperstike: 121% turret damage at all times

The weapons don't do much on their own but most weapons in Warframe aren't very good until you mod them either.