Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A warning to all Railjack Pilots and DE's non transparent AFK system

I was just playing rail jack the day before and today I got banned for 3 days for unspecified reasons.

The only thing out of the ordinary I've been doing was spam sending the automated crash reports from the freezes , or alt F4-ing because crewships stopped spawning , rendering the mission unable to complete.

After Alt F4, I can no longer run warframe because steam states that warfame is already running in the back ground. 

I have no background programmes except discord and Alienware command centre running, which came as a default software to keep my laptop running. 

I've never had this issue in my 7 years of playing the game since supporting the founders package in warframe.

This is extremely distressing as I have no idea what went wrong and I want to prevent it from ever happening again.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

39 minutes ago, Girador said:

More clarity is needed here. Did you get an actual message stating that you were banned from Warframe or is it just steam stopping you from opening up a new Warframe client?

I got a message from warframe stating that my account was suspended for unspecified reasons .

This is at the log in page where we have to type in our emails and passwords . I am unable to log into my account at all... 

37 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

ctrl+alt+delete > Task Manager > force close 'steamclientbootstrapper'
Then you'll have to reboot the Steam program and log back in, that should do it.

No, the error I got was a message at the log in page that my account was suspended for unspecified reasons.

I can no longer go into the game.

Have never ever dabbled in third party software , just playing rail jack with clan members and occasional public groups the day before.

Only have discord and alienware command centre on.

Got hit with the ban a few hours ago today. Help!

1 hour ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

I got a message from warframe stating that my account was suspended for unspecified reasons .

This is at the log in page where we have to type in our emails and passwords . I am unable to log into my account at all... 

Could you try again, and post a screen shot of that message?

1 hour ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Could you try again, and post a screen shot of that message?

Can only do it when I'm back from work.  But the message is that my account has been suspended for an undisclosed infringement .

I don't even know what's wrong. Have just been enjoying the rail jack content and boom. Banned the next day.

I just an intrinsics 7 pilot .

7 year account suspensed...help!

5 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Can only do it when I'm back from work.  But the message is that my account has been suspended for an undisclosed infringement .

I don't even know what's wrong. Have just been enjoying the rail jack content and boom. Banned the next day.

I pmed you on Discord btw.

10 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

In your OP, you said your account was being suspended for 3 days. Where was this stated, exactly?

It could have been the constant sending of crash reports. I wouldn't put it past warframe's poor security protocols, to see that as a bot of some kind.

3 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

In your OP, you said your account was being suspended for 3 days. Where was this stated, exactly?

It could have been the constant sending of crash reports. I wouldn't put it past warframe's poor security protocols, to see that as a bot of some kind.

This was in the log in screen when you type in your email and password etc.

After typing in my credentials, I get a popup box  stating "Account Suspended until Dec 19, 2019 due to undisclosed infringements"

And I stay on the login email page.

The crash reports are automated after the crash, and I usually let it send the errors to DE.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

An update i got from Support which I am extremely unhappy about:

I was accused of AFK and they banned me for 3 days.

WTF. I have been playing railjack exclusively as the pilot for the past 2 days, staying in ship, fighting fires, and keeping it about of harms way while the away team goes out , gets more loot than me. And I get reported for being AFK with NO specifics and way for me to defend myself.

And support tells me that my account can get suspended or perma banned if more reports come in. So we are all at the mercy of random reportings??

Do these black marks from such reports even refresh??? I have been playing for 7 years since the game launched!

The last in box message I got for "supposedly" being AFK was years ago!

And now the ban hammer just hits after an errant report?

The entire process is not transparent at all! 

Are DE stuff able to shed some light on the process?? Time and money Investment into a game where it can all be taken away from you at a snap without the ability to even know what's going on or defend yourself,  is highly concerning!

@[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Megan

@[DE]Steve

I have been playing railjack exclusively since it launched days ago, and just hours ago I got banned for "undisclosed reasons".

Background:-

I am a railjack pilot.

I usually fly  NOT battle worthy railjacks in PUBs. Especially since railjack launched days ago.

With unupgraded ships , my job is to keep the craft OUT of danger. That means either flying the hell out, or hiding it somewhere, or run around like a mad chicken putting out fires.

The away crew goes out to kill, loot ships, and get MORE loot than pilots , who stay behind, away from the action  and keep the craft  alive or else the objective FAILS.

----

I recently received a response from a DE support staff that I was Banned for being AFK. And that I could be permanently banned the next time.

There was no elaboration, no proof, and I had to suck up the ban.

This is unacceptable.

We need transparency.

What is the ban  process like??

What constitutes AFK behaviour?

Why are the accused not allowed to defend themselves or given evidence of the situation?

Do these black marks even refresh?? My Account is 7 years old, and the last in box message I got for being "supposedly" AFK was years ago.

Accounts can be taken away from you at a moments notice and anyone is at the mercy of trolls submitting false reports to DE.

I no longer  feel safe in a game I have loved for 7 years, And playing everyday since it launched.

Would like some clarity on this.

@[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Megan

@[DE]Steve

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim
  • Like 10

When did we become Riot Games?

I’d advise setting a tutorial system up or role quing if what you say is true.

What happens if we are all pilots in a PUG?

Also this really should remain with support as not all details are available to us + we literally cannot help you 😞

Edited by Midas

No fellow tenno here could help you, period.

If you want to appeal, Please send a request to support:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you want to feedback the AFK report system:
https://forums.warframe.com/forum/21-general/

Thanks for your attention.

Besides,
Just saying as a bystander, my feeling of this post is 10% seeking for help, 20% frustration, 30% salt, and 40% rant.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

If AFK is such a problem they should do what virtually every other game out there does and have you auto log out after x amount of minutes idling (in PUBLIC missions only of course).  Games that do this tend to have very specific and easy to figure out timers.  

Bans, suspensions etc. are beyond unacceptable for such a thing with 0 transparency, imo.  

AFK is also unacceptable, imo, atleast in public.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 3