The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Increase Empyrean Player Count to 8

Surrebral

18 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Not sure if people watched dev stream, but this was brought up as DE had internal discussions, and the idea was effectively shot down by Steve.

If they plan on poking around on Raids for railjack, they are going to have to consider allowing people bringing in multiple railjacks or allow more then 4 people to run. Because if it has no real unique-ness to it, then its just the same kind of railjack mission again with maybe some fancy dressing on ends. Which honestly makes me wonder how long we might see content that uses more then 4 people again. Might be silly for me to keep using the Destiny comparison again, but when Law of Retribution and Jordas verdict was about, it was a hecktic fun mess to have that many people present, had the same feel when i did the Vault of Glass, Crota raid and the Leviathan one also with more then the usual number of people used in missions.

Since its especially a deal sweetener when these `raids` are actually content that is designed for people to work together to get stuff done, not be forced to play baby-sitter on something like interception nodes, which usually gets resolved by a limbo popping a bubbe to cover 1 or 2 points and them playing `normal` on another point, or go full on jerk and just banish as many enemies as possible to stasis lock a bunch.

Course i definitely find it more interesting when content CAN be done with fewer people, but its super exceedingly hard till people get much stronger, with the intent being to have multiple people at it to expose weak points, so it can take large amounts of damage or even disable a good deal of its dangerous abilities for a nice `turn the tides` fight.

Path of Exile lets you play with 6 people whenever you want. Starting to think the problem is that I should be playing a better game instead of Warframe. The latest patch notes were so out of touch I don't even have words. 

Edited by Authoritycat

Eight feels like a bit too much for a normal railjack mission; maybe for raids it would be okay.

But six feels like a good number.  Enough to have a Pilot (1), Gunners (2,3), an Engineer (4), and two for the away team (5, 6), as a basic average group.  Spread around the role balance depending on the mission.