Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is target group of Railjack?

Atekron

so, for whom was that update?

it's clearly not for new players, because crafting requirements, grinding time and general complexity of everything associated with Railjack is just horrendous

it's definitely not for players who stop playing this game, because, let's be honest - railjack don't brought anything new, it's just another system completely separated from rest of the game, another archwing, 2.0

and its potentially can aliante players who regularly play warframe, because, again - grind, glitches, and general direction where game heading is rather questionable

• Like 1

Me. Might be just me and a few others for all I know though.

I can fight level 100 enemies, no problem. They can shred me pretty well when I mess up, true, but still. I have done all the quests and for the most part, really, played all the content that was in the game before hand, and none of it strictly speaking excites me anymore. The first kuva lich was somewhat interesting, but not really sufficiently so as to keep me at it. I needed something truly new, and I finally got it, bare-bones as it is. I love it, while I also acknowledge it still needs further improvement, and additional expansion content for variety.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal
  • Like 5

Being honest, I think they are trying to cast a wide net and see what they get.

The targeting isn't quite specific when you break it down to individual functions, it has a wide variety of different aspects on paper which may appeal to some players more than others.

It is a fair tactic to try and go in a new direction, but time will tell if DE's next move solidifies the value of Empyrean or sabotages it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

It's for the devs, as most things in Warframe are. They make the stuff that they really want to have, even if the players don't care

isn't more wise thing to do is to develop a new game to try their "innovative" ideas? you know, not killing a duck that is laying golden eggs

It's for players like me, who don't mind beta testing the first three levels of their new game mode for a week before the holidays start up and I have to pay attention to family instead of video games

Railjack has fun in it, but only if I consider it a demo. As a full game it would be terrible, so I hope they are able to mix our feedback on with the actual content expansion that is Rising Tide Part 2

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, 844448 said:

To make it easy for you to sleep at night, let's just say they made it for me

so, who are you? how long are you playing this game? how much time are you spending in it per day? do you play everyday? did you take long break from it? how much money did you spend on it?

9 minutes ago, Atekron said:

isn't more wise thing to do is to develop a new game to try their "innovative" ideas? you know, not killing a duck that is laying golden eggs

It's their vision.

They want to have space battles and ground combat and for that warframe is here.

It isn't worth it to make a new game since that would be an unkown title with an even smaller dev team.

• Like 4

- I'm 844448, as written on my profile

- Started from April 2014 when Tethra's Doom event launched

- Spend an hour or two, sometimes six when I forgot about the time

- Almost everyday unless there's something important

- Never took a break before, and not taking any break now

- $0 spent, tenno, because I'm a cheapskate

It's made for anyone that wants to venture into space on a giant ship and not have the power of gods at their fingertips.

There is nothing more humbling than to read all the rage that was ushered out on the forums for the past week over this mode. From players getting killed by ship wrecking artillery to those who say there is nothing new in Warframe not able to take the new experience as a cake walk to those who enjoyed the venture and take the time to learn it. If you want to journey out to see what else has been added to the game, do it just as you would a real life boating experience. Don't get on a battleship and think you are the expert at sea warfare when this is your first time getting out of your community pool and into the oceans.

I am not looking forward to the space fights as I have sucked at each and every game that has them and I know that is not my thing. I am looking forward to the exploring the new towers and ships and such that are out there. Once we get a way for our Archwings (all of them) to have some type of fighting chance upgrade that works in Empy style space, I will venture more out there once we get this on Consoles.

Please remember that the Railjacks are huge compared to our frames. The weapons used to take down a Railjack are gonna make mince meat out of your God frame flying in a Archwing. But one day, your Railjack will enter God mode and you will complain that it's too easy and all the other things that are said about tileset missions. You.... yes, you....that player who knows exactly what I am saying....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

- I'm 844448, as written on my profile

- Started from April 2014 when Tethra's Doom event launched

- Spend an hour or two, sometimes six when I forgot about the time

- Almost everyday unless there's something important

- Never took a break before, and not taking any break now

- $0 spent, tenno, because I'm a cheapskate

thanks for answering

30 minutes ago, Atekron said:

it's clearly not for new players, because crafting requirements, grinding time and general complexity of everything associated with Railjack is just horrendous

it's definitely not for players who stop playing this game, because, let's be honest - railjack don't brought anything new, it's just another system completely separated from rest of the game, another archwing, 2.0

and its potentially can aliante players who regularly play warframe, because, again - grind, glitches, and general direction where game heading is rather questionable

Here is my responce to your veiled "I hate railjack" post:

1) For whom it is? For me, and numerous others who are enjoying it right now.

2) I actually managed to bring back my friend who stopped playing years ago and lost all interest in Warframe just to play Railjack with me. And he won't do anything else, he still doesn't want to play the core Warframe loop. He hated archwing btw.

3) New players actually can play Railjack, it's just that their role would be limited. You can man the turrets, you can fix the ship, you can compact resources. If you are a little bit further in the game and have decent weapons (like a well modded basic Hek and a Rhino) you can also repell ramsleds and jack other ships (if you can survive getting there or have a base level Amesha).

• Like 6

Me. Been playing this game since it was in closed beta and I'm in love with this update. The space combat genre has been dead for far too long, and having a slice of that genre pop up in one of my favourite online games pleases me. Of course it's buggy and borderline-unplayable at the moment, and some of its mechanics need tweaking (RANDOM STATS ON SHIP PARTS REEEE), but Empyrean could become something fantastic with time and effort.

It has the potential to connect everything into a larger true mmo style world of exploration instead of miniature compartmentalized samples of modes. People just don't understand that any new system, specially one so involved with new items and areas needs a foundation. And while they gave it to us before even half of that foundation was finished. We can at least point out the most egregious problems now before it's too big to go back. It at least incorporates all current facets of Warframe. The Frame, AW, and randomized tiles. With the playable ship in the center that facilitates the movement between a multi planet/dimensional environment.

I started playing when it was the astroid and corpus ship tile only from Mercury to Pluto. It took awhile for it to fill out. Just like what will happen to railjack.

I'm sure instant action starchart will never go away. But some want a deeper experience.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 5

It's for me. Space battles, tactically keeping a ship shipshape, diving out into space to ninja onto an enemy ship, blow it up from the inside and dash away. Conceptually, this is what I imagined the Warframe program to be, and Empyrean is making that concept feel a whole lot more real. Loving this update.

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

It has the potential to connect everything into a larger true mmo style world of exploration instead of miniature compartmentalized samples of modes.

and for that reason DE did made another game mode separated from rest of the game? like PoE, Fortuna and archwing?

a lot of things DE made have a potential, but they don't finish stuff, they get bored and move on to next thing

• Like 1