Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is target group of Railjack?

Atekron

It is for everyone that wants some fun space+ground combat i.e people like me.

Sure it is buggy and glitchy, but it is still a wonderful game mode. Not that I expected something bug or glitchless, since DE have already openly said that this will be more of a beta test version of the system. Which is why we have limited things to do in the missions and only really one mission type versus one single faction. It is still one of the most fun content releases in WF and one of the most fun content releases I've seen released in a game over the last 20 years aside from JTLS in SWG. Reason is because it changes up the gameplay which makes it feel new. Plus I love the progression of RJ and wouldnt mind the random stat approach and weapon drops in the rest of WF too.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Even more so, it already does in an experimental sense.

Grineer Galleons/Asteroid ships show they can connect regular tileset gameplay to Railjack gameplay. That alone shows potential to expand old tileset gameplay and gamemodes into Railjack. For example...

"Crew, approaching Galleon. Hm... they're watching for us. Target is too heavily reinforced for a direct assault. Reccomended: leave Railjack, infiltrate, and destroy the reactor." At which point you drop off the Railjack at a nearby spot, and approach via Archwing. "This is not my area of expertise. Cephalon Ordis, if you would" "Of course, Cy! Operator, you need to destroy the reactor. It's a complex system - start by removing the coolant cells." and Ordis guides the mission from there.

Boom, a Railjack mission turned conventional Sabotage. This could be dropped in as an away objective, or could be the primary objective followed by an escape in the railjack after the Grineer do something to inhibit the Railjack's translation, meaning you need to escape from an incoming swarm of crewships and fighters, or some larger vessel that would be problematic to destroy (or, if you do manage to destroy it, you get a big loot drop?)

I would just point out in one of the Dev streams they showed where a galleon was protected by a shield from POE.  Then they switched to the view of another 4 players who were fishing.  And got the mission to blow up the shield generator.  They choose yes and did their thing.  Then the RJ crew saw the shield go down and could continue on. =p   So by mixing in different parties you could open up some amazing game-play options.

And now @Op.  This game is for me.  My Clan and I Are loving it (bugs and all).  Our Vet's have the RJ's while our newbies join on as filler spots on crew.  We are having a blast!

I like railjack but it is a bad game design when you consider warframe as a whole. We have gotten 2 failed updates that are completely alienated from the core gameplay and one is worse than the other. If DE finds a way to implement railjack and liches into the core gameplay then it would probably pretty good but as it is right now I don't have time to enjoy warframe when all of this new updates prevent me from playing the core game.xd

Railjack is just another example of a game company making something that really should have been an entirely separate game, but they were too afraid to risk making it a separate game. So they just crowbar'd it into their existing one so that it could ride the coattails of an already proven game's success, instead of having to risk failure on its own. It makes sense from a business perspective. But all us players ever get out of it is a half-assed clone of something that another game already does better that leaves you wondering why you didn't just go play that other game instead.

So basically: Railjack is for people who wanted to play Elite:Dangerous, but for some reason didn't just buy Elite:Dangerous.

51 minutes ago, Sabrea said:

I would just point out in one of the Dev streams they showed where a galleon was protected by a shield from POE.  Then they switched to the view of another 4 players who were fishing.  And got the mission to blow up the shield generator.  They choose yes and did their thing.  Then the RJ crew saw the shield go down and could continue on. =p   So by mixing in different parties you could open up some amazing game-play options.

And now @Op.  This game is for me.  My Clan and I Are loving it (bugs and all).  Our Vet's have the RJ's while our newbies join on as filler spots on crew.  We are having a blast!

That wasn't a devstream, that was Tennocon 2019 :tongue:

Squad link is confirmed to be coming, likely in part 3. It seems that DE want to hard-focus Empyreans core and fixes within that before expanding out. Squad link is a feature I'm intrigued in how they'll implement.

12 hours ago, Atekron said:

so, for whom was that update?

it's clearly not for new players, because crafting requirements, grinding time and general complexity of everything associated with Railjack is just horrendous

it's definitely not for players who stop playing this game, because, let's be honest - railjack don't brought anything new, it's just another system completely separated from rest of the game, another archwing, 2.0

and its potentially can aliante players who regularly play warframe, because, again - grind, glitches, and general direction where game heading is rather questionable

Well, if you watch DE streams, they like it a lot. Like they like kuva liches.

So I guess DE made last two updates for themselves :crylaugh:

I greatly enjoy this update so far, it has brought back nostalgia in playing the game, set me back to a base state without actually taking my stuff away. I loved the process of building up your character in Warframe, the grind is fine if I'm getting better stuff. This feels like the Warframe I remember playing before I reached MR... about 15 or so and slowly started to lose the ambition of upward momentum, I'm MR 26 now so I clearly didn't lose all that steam but this... I love this.

Boarders can get quite tanky later on and a better weapon is required so your current gear isn't pointless. Plus, ever since they changed the momentum for Archwings I've kinda like them in atmosphere more, have yet to use them in normal Archwing missions since that change, that being said I really like that change. It'd be nice if Archwing was a bit less difficult to grind the mods for, my friend went out of his way and has every single Archwing mod which took him about 3 months to get everything but the 2 60/60 mods for heat and... another rare one which took him another 6 months cuz he didn't want to spend 160 plat on them and he couldn't get them no matter how much he farmed Razorback.

I, by comparison, have about 10 unique Archwing mods, 15 archgun and 10 archmelee in total, I have clearly missed a lot of them even though I have a good amount of Archwing gear and levelled up quite a bit. Despite this I quite like how archwing handles in Empyrean, my only requests would be a way to stick on the fighters better with melee cuz it is really hard to catch them and then stick to them at first. And for Archwing weapons that aren't the Cyngas to be useful against fighters given that we are basically fighters ourselves. 

Even in the first area with my mediocre mods I am almost unable to kill anything without first using Amesha's slow or getting stuck on them in melee, it shouldn't be easy for me but it should be acceptably difficult in the first area. That being said, those fixes are really easy to implement by throwing in a mod or two for Archwings to resolve the whole issue.

14 hours ago, Atekron said:

isn't more wise thing to do is to develop a new game to try their "innovative" ideas? you know, not killing a duck that is laying golden eggs

I mean, I've got my beefs with Railjack too, but when all is said and done I really like it.

I don't get the complaint that it just "feels like more Archwing". It absolutely doesn't. Yes, having a big pilot-able defense objective makes it entirely different.

• Like 1