The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed/Charged Chamber: A small tweak

Bloop

Currently, the mod's mechanic requests having either a magazine size of 1 shot, or reloading after the first shot to get the most out of the slot, otherwise you're basically running a dead mod slot in your build. My suggestion is somewhat inspired in Destiny 2's Eriana's Vow perk, called Death at First Glance: The first shot of your magazine deals increased damage (like our chambers), however, dealing a precision damage shot (aka headshots in our case), or breaking a combatant's elemental shield will maintain the damage buff for the next shot in the magazine.

Based off this, my suggestion goes as follows: Make chambers maintain their damage buff if you land a headshot kill OR if you kill two enemies in a single shot.

I'd like other people's thoughts on this suggestion, however I don't expect negativity given the fact that this will simply enhance the mod's overall worth and functionality, which presents no downside whatsoever.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Because this would just increase value of primed chmabers and make people who dont own one and want one get even more salty about this super rare mod .

So your reason to deny this is basically "salt" over Primed chamber itself, even though I'm requesting a buff for both mods? Because their niches are basically useless. I don't see how this logic makes any sense. Primed Chamber's price is purely because of collector's price, and how rare they are. This mod change would not actually impact its price much, if change its current at all.

I don't see how player salt has to dictate a mechanic change that would benefit every single sniper, instead of a few that would "require" -mag size rivens, arcane momentums, toxin chromas, or all at the same time for the best result.

It's on the same level as "I want x frame nerfed because I'm playing a support frame and can't kill fast enough myself", it just makes no sense. Let's not rework Excalibur anymore or buff Exalted blade's stats because people would be salty about founders' EBPrime? Or a more accurate one, DE shouldn't have buffed Skana Prime since not many people own it, and some would get salty because of this.

For the record: I don't own a Primed Chamber.

Edited by Bloop

even just affecting the first Shot in the Magazine, these Mods are still good in specialized situations. 
for example, if a Chroma is firing a Sniper Rifle, Charged Chamber, not even Primed Chamber, on say a Rubico, deals enough extra Damage with the first Shot that it's still a net gain of Damage per Magazine over Serration. even though it didn't affect the other 4 Shots.

since there's only two Sniper Rifles with supremely large Magazines (in terms of most Video Games), these Mods are already useful for specialized tasks.

if you thought they still needed something for some reason, consider this: add 15% and 25% Reload Speed respectively to each Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber.

situational Mods are good, they give the opportunity for people getting creative with their Modding. i don't see much of a benefit from making a situational type of Mod into one that you can have Equipped most of the time and just have as passive Stats. that isn't really increasing the choices.

Edited by taiiat

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

even just affecting the first Shot in the Magazine, these Mods are still good in specialized situations. 
for example, if a Chroma is firing a Sniper Rifle, Charged Chamber, not even Primed Chamber, on say a Rubico, deals enough extra Damage with the first Shot that it's still a net gain of Damage per Magazine over Serration. even though it didn't affect the other 4 Shots.

since there's only two Sniper Rifles with supremely large Magazines (in terms of most Video Games), these Mods are already useful for specialized tasks.

The problem I have here is that you're mentioning specialized situations (usually Chroma, toxin ward. Alternatively Harrow, Gauss, arcane momentum, etc.), meanwhile what I am suggesting is a more generalized buff, something you can use in any situation, which rewards your "skill", your capacity to land headshots or your capacity to line up enemies (since headshot hitboxes in this game are a mess, let's be real). In this case the buffs would not change the specialized setup, considering the context of what you're describing, which is most likely Eidolon hunting or similar, basically a single enemy.

Edited by Bloop

your 'skill reward' is literally what people already do with the Weapons though which makes sense on paper but also just means that it's essentially a passive Damage Bonus and so a Mod that people always use. that doesn't increase Modding diversity, just changes the names of what you see in the Slots.

if all or almost all Mods were conditional then it would probably work, but just the one, eh?

(i am never thinking in Eidolon Hunting though, as much of it as i do i don't revolve the game around it. i could never be bothered to use Chroma for Eidolon Hunting anyways, too superfluous to bother with bringing a Warframe that only helps for one of the Phases. when you can oneshot Phases with.... any two Ability Buffs, bringing a Warframe that offers nothing but that Ability Buff is pretty whatever and essentially obsolete if you ask me)

Edited by taiiat

6 hours ago, Bloop said:

I'd like other people's thoughts on this suggestion, however I don't expect negativity given the fact that this will simply enhance the mod's overall worth and functionality, which presents no downside whatsoever.

I'd enjoy new mods with headshot and/or multi-kill bonuses, but I don't see any reason to tie these to the Chamber mods.