Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire

weizhen77

Why not have friendly fire? Or maybe an option for players who needs more challenges. This would really test players skills to accurately and carefully aim our shots at the enemies, instead of just shooting whatever that is in front of you.

How about, shoot your teammates and deplete your health?

As long as it's shooting only and not skills, that actually sounds pretty interesting as say a Nightmare condition. Though any weapon with AoE (Torid, Ogris, bows with Thunderbolt, Ignis, etc.) would need looking at for compatibility.

Friendly fire has been brought up and shot down over and over again, it will never happen.

It would make pubs ridiculously frustrating because players just wouldn't care enough to be careful.

Player 1 kills one of his team mates a couple times, accident or not, doesn't even give a single thought to it because the chances of being in a match with that player again are tiny.

There would be no reason to worry about trolls since everyone does void missions with guildies and friends.

There is quite a large portion of players who regularly run public Void missions. Just saying.

Don't allow friendly fire as an option in public games then. Problem solved.

Tell me you wouldn't enjoy getting all your guildies drunk and 'accidentally' shooting some of them in the back. With your Ogris. While your Roar is active.

Its not an option that would be used much, but would be entertaining once in awhile.

Ricochet Friendly Fire (where shooting teammates does damage to you rather than them) seems like it might be an interesting Nightmare condition.  I wouldn't want it in general gameplay, but it might be more interesting than some of the other Nightmare modes.

Did you just call friendly fire a challenge?

We have Rocket launchers, chainguns that spit out 180 bullets with only 90 in the original clip.

We have armor piercing, fast firing, rebounding glaives, we have acid launchers!

Our flamethrowers electrocute and freeze.

And it's not challenging. PvP in this game isn't right. We kill hundreds of enemies, it's a matter of who gets the best hit in first in Warframe's PvP. It's not a challenge.

I personally don't care either way.  I could see it being in there, I could see it being horrendous troll food, I can see it being fun or unfun.

BUT, until I can reliably play a mission without rubber banding and lag, and continue to play if the host drops.  Then this is an absolute no.  Start shooting at an enemy with a weapon that can 1 shot a maxed out rhino when a teammate appears in front of me?  No thank you.  I know in a typical MD I have several shots that would have killed teammates.  I might play totally different if there were friendly fire, and I think I could, but I don't think it generally fits in this game.

Why not have friendly fire? Or maybe an option for players who needs more challenges. This would really test players skills to accurately and carefully aim our shots at the enemies, instead of just shooting whatever that is in front of you.

I'd agree if there was a way to kick people who abused it and if there weren't so many AOEs in the game. Warframe is just not suited to it.

Great feedbacks!

How about the idea of friendly fire doesn't kill. However, friendly fire counts as a penalty to the rewards you gain:

1. reduction in credits gain

2. reduction of mod drop rate :P

3. reduction of exp gain

4. etc.

Great feedbacks!

How about the idea of friendly fire doesn't kill. However, friendly fire counts as a penalty to the rewards you gain:

1. reduction in credits gain

2. reduction of mod drop rate :P

3. reduction of exp gain

4. etc.

"Play very carefully or be penalized because your invisible Loki newb gets right in your line of sight"

No thanks.

"Play very carefully or be penalized because your invisible Loki newb gets right in your line of sight"

No thanks.

That's why you call him a newbie. A skillful/resourceful Loki will know how to avoid getting into line of sight of his/her teammates upon activating the invisible skill instead of spamming it.

That's why you call him a newbie. A skillful/resourceful Loki will know how to avoid getting into line of sight of his/her teammates upon activating the invisible skill instead of spamming it.

But you are being penalized for someone else's F*** up.  How does that make sense?