Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.4

[DE]Rebecca

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Removed Credit Caches from the Railjack reward table! Relics have been added in Railjack missions to compensate for this.

Can we get something that is useful for veterans and railjack. Relics are not the answer. We drown in relics because it is the only thing we buy with syndicate standing. 

2 hours ago, Maziani said:

I think the thing that you're forgetting is that an Elite Outrider is guaranteed to drop a piece of gear. It shows up as a purple icon in space. If this is what it looks like to me, the *bonus* loot table for mission completion, and you get several items drop the bonus table... then you're not getting only one of these per mission but several.

I've personally farmed the Veil a dozen times and have multiple copies of the MK3 weapons, engines, reactors and shields. I get a lot more weapons, of course. I don't see those here. Strangely, also, I don't see the Zekti house components. So there has got to be additional loot tables beyond this (unless they simply removed Zekti from the veil, and that seems a little unlikely.)

It's hard, but not at all impossible with a team that coordinates well. (The return on investment of time is off though, and need to be tweaked. The buff that makes enemy fighters regen at insane speeds needs serious tweaking.)

With that mild correction, I agree with the rest of this-- packing in components and weapons that also have RNG for their stats is super annoying. Likewise, having an RNG table that is packed this dense means that it's a lot harder to farm for the gear you want without tons of stuff to just throw away. (I've managed over 30k Dirac long before I've managed to get the resources needed to build even my first Mk3 component legitimately. All my clan mates are spending Platinum to bypass the farm... which is almost certainly exactly what DE intended. And that heads into P2W territory.)

Likewise, I agree entirely that the current implementation of Railjack is highly repetitive. I like the mode, don't get me wrong, but the monotony will kill my enjoyment pretty quickly. I'm very much hoping that they add in new mission varieties and even new enemy factions for Railjack (Corpus, Infestation, Corrupted, Sentient-- the last I am fully expecting to be released as part of The New War update they are planning to release next year... here's to hoping my expectations are fulfilled!)

zekti reactors are dropped by outriders.
Lavan and vidar, which are the best reactors because they have better avionic capacity are only mission rewards with said droprates.

And it's not like they're a slight upgrade since they both provide up to 100 avionics while I've never seen a zetki go past 50.
unknown.png
so yes I agree with you are gonna get spammed with these but since they're barely an upgrade over an mk2, you're gonna have to go down the the rabbithole I mentionned pretty soon. Epecially with how much avionics capacity is important compareed to all the rest.

Does anyone else feel like this update was outsourced? Like another studio outside DE made Empyrean.
It doesn't feel like DE's work at all; it's not like the rest of the game at all:

• Weird layered RNG that feels like a Korean or Chinese MMORPG
  • Lazy (entire lack of) mission design, 20+ nodes all with one mission type
  • Bad player mechanics messaging (particularly WRT the 30 salvage limit)
  • Funky and awful Avionics UI despite that system being almost identical to the mod system
  • Intrinsics, built-in skill ranks in the (released) game for the first time
  • An unusually-high number of bugs, even considering the content of the update
    - but primarily bugs related to the ways Railjack gameplay interacts with the base game; as a unit it's fairly solid

The horrible economy of Railjack scrap repair still needs to be addressed. High tier parts costing that much to repair when there's a plat item to bypass the cost isn't something thought I'd ever see in Warframe. At least halve the materials for guns, since they have set stats, and cut ship components by 1/4th, since they're RNG based nonsense. Scrapping a built ship part should also refund all of the materials used, not half. The patchnotes just come off as misleading. General balance still needs to be addressed as well, as gaining some extra HP for fixing the ship isn't going to help much when the enemies can rip it right back off in a matter of seconds.

Refining either needs to go, or need to be locked so only the ships owner can trigger it. I am sick and tired of having people burn the ability to make more flux energy just because they want some extra materials, though I can't blame them for wanting those extra materials. The count for drops in Railjack needs to be increased, especially for pustrels.

As for Archwings, I'll say this again; do NOT nerf any of them or any Archweapons any further than they already have been. Trying to make the Railjack look better by making AWs look worse is not a good idea. A simple way to make them all better would be to replace the first ability of Odonata, Itzal and Elytron with Amesha's 1, making it universal like blink. Keeping a close eye on you're charges is the only way you can survive in AW Railjack missions. Itzal's one feels like you guys knowingly trolled us, so it would be nice replacement for that, Odonata's 1 only cover from the front, so it would be an upgrade there as well. Bloomer is effectively useless and Elytron is a flying death-trap as is. Archwing offensive abilities also need a boost to projectile speed and damage. The gravity cannon is cool and all, but AWs should be more than cannonballs with different skins. You need to use them for objectives like taking out ship killer platforms, and they need buffs.

only player problem i had so far with railjack is i would like us to have the same mission vote system on board like regular missions. i had times where i wanted to farm resources after the mission was done, but someone on board went to the navigation and selected another mission. Why not just make it so we all vote on it as a squad, same as any other mission?

Thanks!

On a small note on Railjack and Archwings. I absolutely get why you did archguns into projectile based guns. There is no need to change this. BUT that being that, it's infinitely more irritant to try and get hits on stuff while on archwing, especially if you're not using a dakkamonster like the imperator or phaedra, those have enough bullets in the mag that you can afford to spray around and try to get where to hit, but all other guns are really screwed. Fortunately, this has a simple solution that you've already implemented, the targeting "X" that you get with the first rank of gunnery intrinsics. Just make that standard on all archwings by default, and it will solve that problem, people knowing where to aim is happy people. And as far as i remember, Steve said they weren't going for the space sim feel, so having a targeting indicator sounds about right.

And while we're on that subject, could i suggest a couple of Quality of Life improvements? mainly being:

1) "Enemy radar" while inside the railjack. Cy can detect stuff very very far away, i can't see why he couldn't detect stuff inside the railjack xD
2) Target identifyers (sorry if i'm murdering the word xD). This is the thing: When fighters and crewships and stuff comes, gunners and pilot can see a bunch of white/yellow/red rhombuses outlying the targets. This is all fine and good, but sometimes stuff is far enough away that you can't really identify what it is and end up (for example) wasting valuable missiles on easy to shoot down light fighters, and having to mow down the heavier outriders, which take aeons to kill shooting turret fire at it. Sooo... why don't we change the forms that outlie the targets, something like, triangles for fighters, squares for heavier fighter thingys (like the outrider), rhombus for crewships, pentagons for ramsleds and brackets ( [ ] those thingies) or red circles for turrets/fixed emplacements. This will give pilots/gunners a much easier time to disern what to shoot where, and even if it's absolute chaos or things are very far away, you'll know what's coming and won't waste valuable ordinance on squishy targets and put it to use on the juicer heavy targets.

bonus) Maybe make Archwings a teensy bitsy more resistant? I don't mean "make em tanky", since being in turret mode is what made the original archwing missions (the defense ones) a bore, so mobility should be key to staying alive, but that being said, even when being fired at lotus knows how many meters per second out of the archwing catapult, one can still be oneshoted (or left in a very very bad shape). So far i believe i'm commonly oneshoted to threeshoted, so maybe make things so one is commonly threeshoted to fiveshoted? (So a full missile barrage of a crewship will still instakill you, but that's to be expected xD, but if you only get hit by one of those and then by a stray hit by a fighter, you still have enough hp to scramble and get the hell outta dodge (or initiate your own vector-changing attack run)

I won't give you any hard time on bugs cause all of what i've had have already been posted in the forums, so that being said, thanks again for this wonderful game!

@[DE]Rebecca I realise you guys are all-hands-on-deck with Empyrean right now, so I can (slightly) understand a delay due to allocating your resources to addressing issues there, but can you please reassure us that Ivara will get some quality of life improvements to go with her new priming soon? Other kludgy and self-defeating frame kits got some touch-ups to help promote their Prime releases.

As it is, with no baseline improvements for actual play and a questionable Prime design for those of us who understand the frame and her core themes, this is not going to breed a good response for anyone who might buy into the Access.

There still seems to be an issue with friends shown as offline. They could send me an invitation, but I couldn't. The issue can be solved temporarily by the one shown as offline restarting the game (when I did it, it had no effect). But still...please have another look at this?

Edit: Oh and remind me again why we have a keybind for heavy attack if it is still possible to do it with holding down the attack button? Is there some way to turn that off and I'm too blind to find it?

2 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

Zekti reactors are dropped by outriders.
Lavan and vidar, which are the best reactors because they have better avionic capacity are only mission rewards with said droprates.

And it's not like they're a slight upgrade since they both provide up to 100 avionics while I've never seen a zetki go past 50.
unknown.png
so yes I agree with you are gonna get spammed with these but since they're barely an upgrade over an mk2, you're gonna have to go down the the rabbithole I mentionned pretty soon. Epecially with how much avionics capacity is important compareed to all the rest.

My experience has been the exact opposite of your point, for reactors. I have a Zekti with +86 avionics capacity and a clan mate with a +97 avionics capacity, whereas the Lavan and Vidar have been significantly lower. (The Vidar reportedly can get up to +90 avionics, the Lavan up to +70 and the Zekti up to +100.) 

I mispoke and realized my mistake after logging in.

Minor suggestion: since we're basically alpha testing your game currently and facing sometimes game breaking bugs that force aborting missions on a regular basis, could we at least get some holiday boosters until January so we at least get more intrinsics and resources when we actually do manage to get them? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Maziani said:

My experience has been the exact opposite of your point, for reactors. I have a Zekti with +86 avionics capacity and a clan mate with a +97 avionics capacity, whereas the Lavan and Vidar have been significantly lower. (The Vidar reportedly can get up to +90 avionics, the Lavan up to +70 and the Zekti up to +100.) 

unknown.png

That woudn't make any sense with what they're trying to do right there then...

2 hours ago, Gilational said:

Did you really look at them? All of your examples follow what I said. On release, each warframe's parts drops from one relic, each relic holding one of the parts.

unknown.png

This is Atlas prime's list of relics, all of them on the list are unique and the red relics were only just released with Ivara prime. On release, Atlas prime had each part drop from one relic, each relic only dropping one of his parts.

Thats cute. Now where the relic part for Dethcube and Tekko? you do know that prime release comes with a frame and 2 weapons right? You did say expecting every part to be in its own relic is normal.

Archived