Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just want to gripe for a second...

ENIAK_Prime

Everytime the same thing, expecting certain knowledgeable behaviour in a brand new game mode...

Be honest, did you try and communicate or did you just go with the assumption everyone knows what they are doing and no words need to be spoken?! 

Did you try and educate your teammates or are you the typical toxic tosser... "if I know it, they should know it". 

This S#&$ is new and if u find it annoying not everyone has your knowledge of the bat, what have you done to adres it? 

4 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Aaah, that might explain some of it, yeah...

That's another thing I oughtta gripe about, some of them just don't pay attention to the chat at all! It's... kinda creepy honestly...

Pubs more often then not don't. You get a "gg" at the end of a match but not much in the way of communication. For a new tactical type game play that isn't really ideal, but its one of those things that players will just have to figure out and realize as time goes on.

Put it simply don't put any expectations on a pub game and you don't have to worry about being disappointed.

37 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

- The crewship can't fire without crewmen at the guns.
- The grineer crew on board the crewships do not respawn.

I'm well aware of that. However...

38 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

So, destroying the reactor is not required to eliminate the threat.

It eliminates the threat and accomplishes part of your objective. I like to be efficient, so accomplishing two things with one action is a win in my book.

That being said, destroying a Crewship should make any and all resource drops that were onboard be available as floating debris to be hoovered up.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

For a new tactical type game play that isn't really ideal, but its one of those things that players will just have to figure out and realize as time goes on.

I've found voice chat ingame to be really indispensable in Railjack. Push-to-talk FTW.

Also, for all you Clanners out there that run Railjack as a group, Discord will be your best friend.

22 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Keep saying that. I bet the other guy thinks the same, as usually happens when two are wrong.

Lmao the sheer unearned "I pwned you" energy is off the charts. Don't worry, I will.

23 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

On no, the guy he's *@##$ing about here might have been doing the same!

Indeed. And his version of fun is noticing I'm already on board, doing something other than killing the ship, and deciding I don't need to be doing what I'm doing, and killing the ship.

But nope, he's definitely just having fun.

Edited by Soldatto

1 hour ago, xBloodySin said:

Don't. Just destroy it. If you're in a ship that needs a Crewship to cause damage, things are wrong. People are much more useful either killing fighters (if they have the Archwing to do it) or helping inside the Jack.

nah. the Crewships are extremely reliable DPS and are def more useful and reliable than turrets.

1 minute ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

nah. the Crewships are extremely reliable DPS and are def more useful and reliable than turrets.

Well, maybe starting out. But some of the turrets you can craft are way better, like the Photor.

Piloting an enemy crewship is still useful, though, if you can put it between another enemy crewship and your railjack. Enemy fighters and crewships will react to a tenno-jacked crewship as if it were an enemy, so you can use it to draw aggro.

29 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

If you are using default stuff on Earth Proxima, sure. Anything past that and you are better off even slingshotting and teleporting back to the ship if the guns are weaker than what crewships have.

32 minutes ago, Soldatto said:

Lmao the sheer unearned "I pwned you" energy is off the charts. Don't worry, I will.

Indeed. And his version of fun is noticing I'm already on board, doing something other than killing the ship, and deciding I don't need to be doing what I'm doing, and killing the ship.

But nope, he's definitely just having fun.

Fixing your mistake of wanting to pilot it sounds more fun than watching you pilot it, definitely.

Il y a 6 heures, Soldatto a dit :

Is there a secret bonus I'm missing out on here by doing thing seemingly the proper way?

I understand your frustration. What you are experiencing is a clash of customs and mentalities. Actually, Warframe has never been a cooperative game. And now, magically, they want 4 players (who probably don't know anything) to act in a perfect and coordinated way. It is a perfect recipe for failure.

Discarding those crews formed by clan players, do not expect other PUG behavior. The only solution (it's something I've read on the forum and I can't confirm it) is what they call "the commander mode" where you'll have your own AI crew. If DE does that part well, you will no longer depend on 3 selfish and incompetent players who only seek their own benefit.

Edited by Awazx

1 hour ago, xBloodySin said:

If you are using default stuff on Earth Proxima, sure. Anything past that and you are better off even slingshotting and teleporting back to the ship if the guns are weaker than what crewships have.

The Crewship's main gun is a homing attack that scales with the enemy level and (at least in the Earth and Saturn missions) is capable of threeshotting fighters. When the host's connection isn't always up snuff, that kind of reliable damage can be a godsend.

The ship is also extremely durable and will draw fire away from the Railjack (even if unoccupied), so it can be worth keeping one around, even if only to act as a meatshield.

28 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The Crewship's main gun is a homing attack that scales with the enemy level and (at least in the Earth and Saturn missions) is capable of threeshotting fighters. When the host's connection isn't always up snuff, that kind of reliable damage can be a godsend.

The ship is also extremely durable and will draw fire away from the Railjack (even if unoccupied), so it can be worth keeping one around, even if only to act as a meatshield.

If you need a meatshield in Saturn, the issue is your ship not being properly upgraded and the group not being coordinated, not a Crewship being useful. You're just using the Crewship as a crutch to compensate what's lacking, instead of dealing with what's lacking.

39 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

If you need a meatshield in Saturn, the issue is your ship not being properly upgraded and the group not being coordinated, not a Crewship being useful. You're just using the Crewship as a crutch to compensate what's lacking, instead of dealing with what's lacking.

Weren't you the one talking about the right to fun? You sure do have a habit of negating others means for fun. Different tactics for fun doesn't mean it's a crutch. You would know that if you had any imagination. If anything is lacking it's you.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Weren't you the one talking about the right to fun? You sure do have a habit of negating others means for fun. Different tactics for fun doesn't mean it's a crutch. You would know that if you had any imagination. If anything is lacking it's you.

Nope, I was the one replying to the one claiming wanting to pilot it was "having fun" by saying the one wanting to do the right thing and blow up the reactor could also be wanting to have fun.

But nice try.

Edited by xBloodySin

3 hours ago, xBloodySin said:

On no, the guy he's *@##$ing about here might have been doing the same!

Nope it was you... All you.

2 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Nope, I was the one replying to the one claiming wanting to pilot it was "having fun" by saying the one wanting to do the right thing and blow up the reactor could also be wanting to have fun.

But nice try.

And someone using a meat shield for fun is not doing it simply because their ship sucks. As you claim.

No try about it. 

from what I've seen it's due to both the loot mechanics and the fact that the enemy ships are a LOT stronger, both in durability and weaponry, than most Railjacks. the latter problem can be quite easily fixed by buffing Railjacks, or at least the lower-tier components that people must use before they start getting the good stuff. the loot thing though.. was that intentional by DE do you think?

I can't think of any circumstance where a team-based game where some get more rewarded than others despite all being part of the same effort, and all having the same (debateable) skill, actually worked. imagine if those Saryn Speedrunners in regular missions got 2 relics instead of one just because they were able to kill more enemies..

4 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Pubs is a hot mess with most things and unless you like the chaos then why put yourself threw it?

if you don't have any friends online and don't have an active Clan, PUGs is all there is, and while you can filter people out to some degree with recruit chat, there's still every chance of getting a troll or a leech, or even just someone who actually has no idea what they're doing. this will be less of a problem when NPC crews are finally added, but until then, people's best chance of getting a crew is to roll the dice and hope they get decent people who know what their role on the ship is.

as a mostly solo player myself, I REALLY hope NPC crews get added and polished before console gets Railjack.